• This year perform Avani Avittam from the safety of your home. Click here for details
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Covid Vaccination

ekaputra

In an earlier post, I said that in India (too) medical experts advised taking the vaccine for the reason that even if these vaccines are not guaranteed to be 100% effective, a vaccinated person was unlikely to suffer a serious attack requiring hospitalisation or oxygen supply. For me, this is the most important reason for taking the vaccination.

ekaputra

I delayed quite a bit in taking the vaccine. Vaccines were not supplied to the private hospitals close to where we stay, else I would not have minded paying extra for getting the shot. I made a few trips to the government primary health centres and I found there were long queues with no social distancing and in fact many of the people were not even wearing masks. They were regularly coming out of the queue to exchange notes with others. I felt that the purpose of taking the vaccination would be defeated if I joined them and I just came back. Finally, I managed to get the shot on a day when there were only a few people . Now, there are special arrangements for senior citizens to get vaccinated close to their place of residence and I hope to get the second shot without strain. And as to @krish44 query (which has been answered by @KANNANS) I have been advised to take the second shot of covishield after 84 days and I have diarised (for 3 days in advance) in my phone reminder so that I prepare in time.

ekaputra

Please download the vaccination certificate from https://www.cowin.gov.in/
If covaxin after 28 days and before 42 days.
If covishied after 84 days and before 112 days.
Thank you.
It is important to download the certificate. Suppose, the government suddenly decides to conduct a vaccination drive and deputes officials to go door to door to identify people who have not taken the shots, then we will need the certificate to prove that we have been vaccinated. If you have a printer, you can also take a hard copy and keep it for record.

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Today 1st july 2021 I had my 2nd and final covid jab.
I just walked in to the local BBMP municipal site.
There were hardly ten there waiting for a jab
I did registration formalities in ten minutes and took covishield shot. I stayed for 10 min to see after effects if any .In twenty minutes returned home. Even after 6 hours I have no after effects.
Only muscle pain at the place of jab
I took my normal meal on return and coffee after 6 hours.
Decent experience.

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Now that 2nd phase of corona is coming to an end and cases are tapering off mostly senior citizens and rural folks do not like to take vaccine shots.
Seniors say they have seen worser days in their life and this will also pass.
That explains why there are few people in vaccination centres.
To opt for vaccination there have to be incentives and disincentives.
It might be a better idea to make it mandatory for all types of transport for travel ,rations for family ,pension payments etc.
Now we have created capacities in hospital for beds oxygen etc there are no patients
These are typical of our planning process. The mismatch is on positive side.
All families are scarred for life losing some members to corona.
I lost near relations in mumbai delhi and chennai.
I could not be near any of them.
One feels helpless in times like this.
I hope the nightmare ends to never return.
I know it is a wish.Health experts say that athird wave is inevitable.

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Weekends poses some issues for senior citizens
Mostly availabilty of domestic helps at usual times. Many IT professionals wake up late due to friday night revelry and want domestics to come late. If the domestics service many flats they will change your timings also .This is on saturdays.
On sundays many domestics take off. They might service at double rates if one wants them.
Luckily I have found one who works all days of week at the same timings. One of the blessings I suppose.
My maid is super efficient. At 6 .30 am I get breakfast and by 12full veg south indian lunch with 2 curries sambar rasam. She herself does dishes and cleans home also .All for 5500 rs pm
Downturn has depresse labour rates.
Menfolk home at domestics home are either jobless or have lower income due to corona.So their women chip in with extra income doing whatever job they can.
My maids' husband is an auto driver. He is not able to earn like normal times due to shut down.
Our poor are paying a heavy price due to shut down..It is good that we have opened up so that they can make a living.
We are economically damaged and put behind by a few years. Another 15% are added to below poverty line.
Even upper middle class are feeling the pinch.
They are compromising on their lifestyle .
Many working from home professionals are feeling depressed with spouse and children 24 by 7 home.
Some families are close to a break up. Tempers frayed and no outlets for pent up emotions is causing concerns.
Shall we bounce back to normality fast without any more damage?

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
One of my pleasures in lockdown is playing the stock market.
India is still classified as an emerging market.
Our market look for cues from US wall street
When Foreign investors FII buy here Domestic institutions sell and vice versa.
Our sensex and nifty are at all time high . Our damaged economy does not match with it.
Is it a bubble waiting to burst like in 2008 or dot com crisis around 2000.
We take our cues fom nyse and nasdaq.
What to buy now ?
There is good money to be made in sugar stocks
Govt decision to mix ehanol with petrol has caused a surge .Every day sugar stocks hit the upper circuit in minutes.
Gold prices are fluctuating . Somtime it hit an alltime low. Middle class bought jewellery in large numbers and amounts.
Airfares are capped. Many restrictions for flyers.
I do not knowcif it is safe to fly.
Trains or buses are no better.
I suppose it might take a couple of months more
for safe flying
Hotels have low occupancy .Some offering discount deals .
Hospitals are still unsafe for normal treatment.and many are death traps
One can only keep fingers crossed and hope for better times

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
In bangalore vaccination is pretty simple and efficient .
I got it done in 20 minutes walking into BBMPbcentre without prior booking .
I find in coimbotore and chennai one has to prior book and collect token on appointed day and thereafter wait for turn at vaccination centre. Many centres
report vaccine shortage and multiplre trips are required to get a vaccine shot in bad weather conditions
It is often a not so pleasant experience for senior citizens
Implentationwise vaccination is poorly handled.
More than one relation of mine in chennai could not get vaccinated after attempts.
Those who can go to private hospitals get vaccinated on making payments.
I thought there would be better governance after fresh elections
It appears nothing much has changed on the ground

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Petrol prices hitting 100rs a litre is causing heart burn .
It is leading to raise in prices due to higher inflation and there is distress in poor and middle class families.
Economic management by centre and state is a disaster
There appears to be no better political alternative .

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Places like delhi and chennai are reportinng vaccine shortages.
It appears that govt can do nothing right.
Changing faces thru cabinet reshuffle cannot make forget corona deaths in 2nd wave.
I dread to think of third wave with not many vaccinated.
There seems to be no protection other than vaccination.
Bangalore has no vaccine issues .
Is it because it is a bjp ruled state?

usaiyer

The illiterate and housemaids find no use for vaccination.
The household availing their services are put to risk,
What is the situation in Bangalore?

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
The illiterate and housemaids find no use for vaccination.
The household availing their services are put to risk,
What is the situation in Bangalore?
In our apartment block the president is a bjp activist. She arranged for all security staff house helps maids cooks to be vaccinated and paid for it if required.
BBMP visited the apartment and vaccinated . for 1st jab. For the second all went to municipal facility. In addition local pvt
Hospital organised a camp for vaccination on payment availed by residents and helps .Owners employing them paid for them

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Private companies in digital space are vaccinating their employees and their families free.
My children are availing the offer

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Why r vaccinations badly organised in TN
Sometimes vaccine shortage. Or people make multiple visit to centres for a jab
Are vaccines getting diverted to private players .
Some relatives of mine could not get vaccinated
They are senior citizens

OP
K

krish44

Gold Member
Gold Member
Delhi Tamilnadu are reporting vaccine shortages.
Bangalore does not have such issues. Poor and well off alike in all age groups are vaccinated free.It is on account of being a bjp ruled state
The pressure on hospitals has come down and people are freely moving with no ptotective masks.Hill stations are full of tourists .So many more are going there to escape delhi heat .
As it stands many are at risk of getting corona again

KANNANS

It is important to download the certificate. Suppose, the government suddenly decides to conduct a vaccination drive and deputes officials to go door to door to identify people who have not taken the shots, then we will need the certificate to prove that we have been vaccinated. If you have a printer, you can also take a hard copy and keep it for record.
Now the website is also allowing to update the Passport Number. Before updating passport details, one can also update the name to sync with the name in passport. Yes. we need to keep a print copy of the final certificate. Soft copy in your mobile is also fine.

Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.