• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Clarification on tarpanam tomorrow

margam

Namaskaran My elder bother's mother in law passed away and 10th day falls tomorrow. Appreciate a clarification on whether he can perform Tarpanam and then visit his in law's place for 10th day ceremony. Being the son in law he would be asked to eat there. Is it permitted or should he cite the amavasya and postpone his visit to another day. Thanks

Namaskaran My elder bother's mother in law passed away and 10th day falls tomorrow. Appreciate a clarification on whether he can perform Tarpanam and then visit his in law's place for 10th day ceremony. Being the son in law he would be asked to eat there. Is it permitted or should he cite the amavasya and postpone his visit to another day. Thanks
Hare Krsna. Jai Shri Radhey Krsna. Hare Krsna.

A similar situation had happened to me a few years ago, and I am stating what the Sastrigal advised us:

Attendance on 10th day ceremony is an absolute necessity. After all the events, the Sastrigal used to ask all the attendees to take bath, and in the meanwhile, he would perform Punyavachanam in the place (even if it is an exclusive place for performing the rituals connected with death).

After the punyavachanam, the Sastrigal himself would conduct the Amavasya Tharpanam to help the attendees to perform their obligations towards the Pitr.

In such places the menu is sradhdh menu, you can partake in the bhojanam.

Hare Krsna.

Latest ads

Back