• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Chess Grandmaster Caught Cheating Using Phone App in Bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Naina_Marbus

Chess grandmaster and two-time Georgian national champion Gaioz Nigalidze is facing a 15-year ban for cheating after getting caught red-handed during a tournament in Dubai. According to the Daily Mail, Nigalidze was found out and dismissed from the tournament after his opponent grew suspicious of his frequent bathroom trips.

"Nigalidze would promptly reply to my moves and then literally run to the toilet," said Tigran Petrosian, Nigalidze's sixth round opponent. "I noticed that he would always visit the same toilet partition, which was strange, since two other partitions weren't occupied I informed the chief arbiter about my growing suspicions and asked him to keep an eye on Gaioz."

Tournament officials checked the stall Nigalidze kept running into and found a smartphone running a chess application under some toilet paper. Nigalidze denied ownership of the phone, but a social networking app on the device was logged-in under his name. Oops.

Chess Grandmaster Caught Cheating Using Phone App in Bathroom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back