• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Change of procedures

Nithyaic13

Namaskaram,

I need a advice and suggestions on changing the procedure. If in family there are following a procedure of head shower and ear piercing on 9 or 11 month of childbirth or after 2nd birthday only, it is ok to change it by doing it after 1st birthday.
As some family follow before 1year and after 2nd birthday. Mostly many people follow after 1st birthday and ear piercing during apta poorthi

Please advice me in this.

Ear piercing for activating the acupuncture point on the ear was OK in olden days. It is a trauma for a child and eventually they will not wear ear rings. Or if they wear in one ear later they will be identified Gender neutral. I did not do any thing for my sons and they are very happy.

However, if you have parents and they have sentimental and fear of Gods, wait until the child can bear the pain and not when it is too young according to Pediatricians. Consult a doctor too and see if drama can be reduced by numbing injection.

This is not to mock at you or underestimate your wishes, rather when we copy many things from the West, why not think about the trauma for the child.

Many Jews, Muslims now question their practice on male child too.

Shaving the head might give a better hair growth- stimulation but not necessary. But no one can force others to abandon their believes and it’s their right. So, children’s right too be considered.

Latest ads

Back