• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Can you give an apt title for the picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.
100204_96300970.jpg

Raji Madam,

Can you be the judge for the caption contest!

Dear Vgane sir,

It's very hard to give a caption for this pic cos its very sad to see child labour and the thought that we are just making it into a caption contest sort of make us insensitive to a child's suffering.

Anyone's suffering should not be made into a caption contest..for me I cant give a caption cos all I see in this pic is suffering which I can not do anything about.

This pic makes you feel helpless.

Last edited:
100204_96300970.jpg

Raji Madam,

Can you be the judge for the caption contest!

I agree with Renukaji.
This is sad and illegal in most of civilized society to exploit children. I would not participate.
It might be better to take it down.

Dear Vgane sir,

It's very hard to give a caption for this pic cos its very sad to see child labour and the thought that we are just making it into a caption contest sort of make us insensitive to a child's suffering.

Anyone's suffering should not be made into a caption contest..for me I cant give a caption cos all I see in this pic is suffering which I can not do anything about.

This pic makes you feel helpless.

:nod:

Tilling kids eyes telling woes :sad:

P.S: Don't mistake this as a caption.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dear Renukaji,

The caption can be a slogan..

Can this slogan be so effective that it brings a change of heart among the populace who are using these children!

We are not laughing at the children!

Our contests are notional!

A caption may reflect grief, apathy, anger or any other emotion too!

Atleast by putting this photo we are discussing this topic! Sharing our anguish!

Can I request for a caption that reflects our anguish at this state of affairs!

Dear Renukaji,

The caption can be a slogan..

Can this slogan be so effective that it brings a change of heart among the populace who are using these children!

We are not laughing at the children!

Our contests are notional!

A caption may reflect grief, apathy, anger or any other emotion too!

Atleast by putting this photo we are discussing this topic! Sharing our anguish!

Can I request for a caption that reflects our anguish at this state of affairs!

Dear Vgane ji,

Kindly excuse me from this cos at present the MH 17 news is flooding our papers and news stations again and its like an undeclared mourning here..even the PM was wearing black and all news readers were only wearing black.

MH370 was just 4 months ago and now another disaster MH17 so its very hard for us here to be seeing sadness over and over again.

So with this pic..my mind goes blank.

Dear Vgane ji,

Kindly excuse me from this cos at present the MH 17 news is flooding our papers and news stations again and its like an undeclared mourning here..even the PM was wearing black and all news readers were only wearing black.

MH370 was just 4 months ago and now another disaster MH17 so its very hard for us here to be seeing sadness over and over again.

So with this pic..my mind goes blank.

Appreciate your frankness! No issues Madam!

Sorry for missing this thread, Ganesh!

Now the picture is missing! May be because you have not logged in. :)

The picture is still around...Reproducing below...have started another one yesterday..May be you can try that one too

100204_96300970.jpg

Prof. M S K Sir's idea gave me this result.

''Indian children work near their parents at a construction project in front of the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium in New Delhi, India,

on January 30, 2010. The children accompanied their parents to the work site, where if they are prepared to work, they will

receive money for bread and milk and be provided with dinner by the contractor.
(Daniel Berehulak/Getty Images)''

Members can try for new captions.

P.S: This is not tilling Balu Sir!

Raji Ram;254779[COLOR=#0000cd said:

P.S: This is not tilling Balu Sir!
[/COLOR]

RR Ji,

Thanks for all the efforts taken to find out the picture's actual location!

You deserve more appreciation for acting beyond the role of judge,the assigned responsibility, and to explore the search engines to find out the நதி மூலம், ரிஷி மூலம் of pictures posted for contests.

Using such solutions will only kill the thrill of contests which are meant to give awesome experience for participants irrespective of the result.

Recently I happen to go thro’ a posting ‘Appans will attack with weapons’ in this very same Forum.

That way rhyme is also important! I love sportive spirit.

Someone told me that child labour is an offence! Is it so?

For determined kids, length of the equipment doesn't matter!!

Let us prove that we can handle not only pen but also Farm Equipments!!

Today’s hard labour for tomorrow’s merry-go-round!!

Child labours under the very nose of Nehru's stadium who loved children, alas!!!

Dear Balu Sir,

You seem to oppose me whenever possible! It is OK! I consider it just as fun. :)

I always wish to learn something new everyday and hence tried the idea given by Prof. M S K Sir!

Since I can NOT stop doing so, please request Ganesh Sir to appoint the correct judge for the competition.

I quit.

P.S: I already had a very bitter experience for giving a harmless comment for a song, a few months back!

Recently I happen to go thro’ a posting ‘Appans will attack with weapons’ in this very same Forum.

That way rhyme is also important! I love sportive spirit.

Bala sir..It was me who wrote Appans will attack with weapons!.

I am laughing while typing this cos at least you liked it.

Dear Balu Sir,

You seem to oppose me whenever possible! It is OK! I consider it just as fun. :)

I always wish to learn something new everyday and hence tried the idea given by Prof. M S K Sir!

Since I can NOT stop doing so, please request Ganesh Sir to appoint the correct judge for the competition.

I quit.

P.S: I already had a very bitter experience for giving a harmless comment for a song, a few months back!

Madam,

I will provide you all the security..Do not worry! Pl go ahead!

Mam,

It is a suggested caption. The boy with the Farm Equipment asking the viewers…..

Boy: Someone told me that child labour is an offence! Is it so?

100204_96300970.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Suggested Caption:

God must have forgotten to wear her/his seeing glasses that day - Otherwise how could this atrocity happen to innocent and vulnerable children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back