• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Call her ‘Mother Teresa’ or ‘Florence Nightingale’, she’s certainly ‘Shehzadi’ of all

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Bold, strong, powerful, compassionate and a black-belt in karate, she has been actively serving people in need in social, medical and hospital sector for the past 33 years, the dedication for which Indian Medical Association has recently presented her with appreciation reward her as 'the woman of cause'.

A third time municipal Congress Corporator Shehzadi Qureshi, 50, of Bilaspur famously called Mother Teresa of Chhattisgarh has actually been serving people in need at hospitals like Sarojini Naidu, Florence Nightingale of India. A unique blend of compassion and power she's favourite of all.

When there's an emergency, accident, delivery of child or urgent need for money for medical treatment for poor, people know whom to approach. Shehzadi is available even at midnight. Attends at least a dozen patients and another dozen admitted in hospitals, she has helped nearly 500 women in their deliveries and doesn't have a count on number of post mortem she did in past several years.

Talking to TOI at her home (that is never locked, even at night) located at a narrow street at Talapara in Bilaspur, this simple Muslim woman clad in Burqua said, "To help and serve people during health emergency inspired me when I as a young girl was looking after my mother admitted in hospital for months. People often used to approach me for directions in hospital, showing way to them, I didn't realize how helping patients seeped deep inside me and I found my way to eternity."

Hailing from a 'considerable conservative community', "Shehzadi didi left her studies midway while pursuing graduation and is married to work. She was the first woman black belt in Karate in undivided Madhya Pradesh in 1985, soon after which she resolved to empower girls and women by imparting self-defence course to them," said Akhil Verma, a local person.

She doesn't run any NGO but she arranges funds upto lakhs for poor's treatment or surgery, due to her age-old tie-up with doctors and donors. "During Pendari botched sterilization tragedy which claimed lives of 13 women, she has worked like any health expert in shifting patients to ambulance, pulling stretcher to hospitals and nursing them for days together." He added.

Entering politics wasn't planned nor was it a cakewalk, Shehzadi said adding that her ward Lajpath Rai Nagar with 40 per cent of poor population and majorly dominated by Hindus culminated with Muslims has chosen her a third-time corporator this year.

Walking down from her home to streets, the narrow lane and surrounding looked as clean as her place of living. "Pyaar se mera jahaan le lo, bas kisi mahila ko kamzor na samjho," she sighs.

Call her ?Mother Teresa? or ?Florence Nightingale?, she?s certainly ?Shehzadi? of all hearts in Chhattisgarh - The Times of India

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back