• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Cabinet approves 10% reservation for economically weaker upper castes in government jobs

ramksrid

Economically backward shouldn't be a criterion at all for reservation... If anything, all of the current forms of reservation should be abolished. The true test of a disadvantage cannot be ascertained in mutual isolation of social or economic backwardness ... Reservation should be provided (at small level) for those who are both socially and economically backward... But, nothing will happen obviously, as politicians wouldn't want to lose their vote bank...

vgane

EBC reservation is a reaction to SBC reservation going extreme...Will anyone be able to tinker with caste based reservation..I do not think so...I feel in the years to come the balance 40% will be divided among the existing groups or new groups will be created leaving nothing for merit based open competition

ramksrid

The folks who truly deserve reservation are the SC/STs... all other SBC are just milking the system both the politicians for the vote bank and the people for the benefit... If the government would remove reservation at 1% every year it should still keep a large portion of people under reservation for 25+ years... if 'social' revolution isn't complete by then (or in the last 100+ years of reservation) will it ever be complete?

While well-known members loftily debate the pros, cons and maybe's of this unforeseen development, let me ask:-

Will the Kerala farmland forcibly acquired for no compensation by the new regime post-Partition be restored to my family? Under what terms and condiions?

Else, this is all eye-wash.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

It is indeed a welcome move by the present ruling government, especially to benefit the temple priests' children to come up in life on par with any other people.

KRN

While well-known members loftily debate the pros, cons and maybe's of this unforeseen development, let me ask:-

Will the Kerala farmland forcibly acquired for no compensation by the new regime post-Partition be restored to my family? Under what terms and condiions?

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
Sir,
That's a moot question. By the way, here is the take of a Communist minister in this regard.
https://www.thenewsminute.com/article/kerala-minister-says-poor-brahmins-too-should-get-reservations-61986

tbs

S Narayanaswamy Iyer
hi

i agreed with u sir..even we lost our land in palakkad by KUDIYANS.....we got meagre compensation....thanks to EMS...LOL..

GOD'S OWN COUNTRY WILL PAY FOR THE PRICE FOR LOOTING POOR BRAHMINS LANDS..its curse to

god's own country...

Dear TBS (well-known member)

Thanks for your contribution.

As the Tamil actor who plays the staunch reckless villian in most films once said on camera:

unggal iyyar shaapam ennai onrum cheyyaathu.

S Narayanaswamy Iyer

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts