• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Britain's private schools educate 7% of the population, but 74% of judges

Status
Not open for further replies.
What would the figure in case of India?

Cg7oA8mWUAAcSHf.jpg

Source: The Economist

in actuality, this is a shameful statistic for a western country.

the british private schools, are indeed called 'public schools'. they are meant for the elite. jawaharlal nehru went to harrow which is among this list along with eton and rugby, among others.

these are so expensive that only the rich folks can afford it. in the old times of strict british class, this meant the sons of aristocracy and landed gentry, and some of the church. no girls.

the education is supposed to be good. but there are also complaints of mistreatment, and 'ragging' of a nature as bad as found in our colleges of today.

there are similar schools all over the english speaking world. in india, doon school, lawrence lovedale, hyderabad public school are some of them.

a country with good education system for all , is vastly superior, to one, that builds elite schools for the rich. i think so.

i do not know enough about schooling either in germany or france. but in scandinavia and finland, i heard that the schooling is superior to any in the world, and all publicly funded.

hi

all scandanavian countries schools are publically funded....even sweden /norway ...better than any other europian....british

schools ....generally colonial in nature....separate for nobles/riches....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back