• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brave soldiers and irresponsible TV channels

ekaputra

I feel the programs on some channels including Times Now, India Today and CNN News relating to the present India-China standoff at Ladakh are only harming the cause of our soldiers.

Everyday these channels keep proclaiming loudly and irresponsibly about
"having given China a bloody nose", "China knows it cannot mess with India", "by capturing strategic heights we can now dictate terms", "China begs for talks"
and so on. These TV programs can be seen across the world and will not be missed by the Party and Military establishments of China. Even if their leaders and Generals feel that it would be wise to go slow at this stage, such programs can be seen as damaging the image of their country, party and military. At some point if they feel that the only way to retain their credibility at home and also redeem their image in the eyes of the whole world is through escalated level of aggression which blows into a war then they certainly have the advantage - decades ahead of us in defence related technology, greater air power, far greater seapower, weapons stockpile and also economic power to sustain a war and added to all that - hostile neighbours of India who are their allies. It is our brave and selfless soldiers who will be the immediate and greatest sufferers while the TV anchors will continue to sit in their protected cozy rooms shooting from the hip and the mouth as if this is some cricket match!

I have the greatest respect for the jawans who are braving the hostile terrain, climate and enemy to defend the country so that we are able to carry on with our day to day work and even enjoy the evenings after a day's work. I would like our soldiers to return safely to their families on completion of their term in the Defence Services. Of course, they have to face deliberate offensive actions from the enemy but I would not like to think that dangerous situations have been created by foolish statements from OUR TV channels and their idiot anchors.

The temperature in some of the places bordering China drops to as low as -40 centigrade. The starting salary of a soldier is less than that of an Upper Division Clerk in the Central Government! Many years back, while commuting to work, I became friends with a person (reasonably educated and working in hospital admin) who had got his discharge from the Army after serving his term as a Truck Driver and he had served in Siachen - their night sleep would be constantly disturbed by sound of shelling from the Pakistan side. If these channels want to laud our soldiers they should be regularly projecting the difficult conditions in which our forces are operating - hopefully it may touch a chord in many of the viewers who will realise that these soldiers serving at the front are our unsung heroes. These channels should not be throwing challenges to China.

The channels should show more restraint and be more sober in reporting developments at the front. I wish Senior Defence Officers would use their authority to counsel/ curb the channels and the anchors not to put out irresponsible statements and captions.

If a commercial movie can be totally blocked as obscene and therefore harmful to a section of society, why not such rhetoric that can be potentially harmful to the entire nation?

Last edited:
Mr. Ektaputra,
Do you think that the press in India is absolutely free to report Military news?
If the government wanted to curtail such reporting they would have done it in no time.
These kinds of reporting are permitted by the government for local consumption within India for the voting Indians. The foreigners are not the target of these news and commentary items. There are independent and biased local news in every country to get news about events in the world.

Rarely people listen to foreign news channels. Language and cultural differences make it difficult to watch foreign channels.

If a commercial movie can be totally blocked as obscene and therefore harmful to a section of society, why not such rhetoric that can be potentially harmful to the entire nation?

Sadly this is nothing new. We had Barkha Dutt giving away our army’s positions during Kargil. Shekar Coupta continues as a journalist after falsely accusing the army of planning a coup a few years back. Naxal Ram and The Hindu did everything possible to manufacture a scam and scuttle the Rafale deal. All based on two dissenting notes from two members about the terms of the agreement that was accepted by all the others in the committee. And then there is Nidhi Razdan who flew to London in order to attend a meeting organized by Jihadi separatists of Kashmir to offer her support and be photographed with them. She continues on TV offering her ‘objective insights’ about Kashmir periodically. And we have not even got to Colonel Ajai Crookla who only comes on TV to criticise the government and the Army with fake news. All because he is married into a Congress family. A few days back when our jawans captured key heights in Ladakh and turned the tables on China, the headline in The Hindu was about the loss of 1,000 sq kms in Ladakh!

Today, the filthiest in our society become politicians and those who cannot make it in politics become journalists with close political contacts. Their only goal is to discredit the government and even our armed forces for the sake of political points. But if it is of any comfort, I think the people today are smarter and don’t fall so easily for fake news. Banning these creatures is nearly impossible in our democracy.

hi

i was posted in Ladakh during my army period...very close to china border....there are some disadvantages

from indian side....we never give much importance to this region....its problem...

hi

i was posted in Ladakh during my army period...very close to china border....there are some disadvantages

from indian side....we never give much importance to this region....its problem...

Don't know when you served in Ladakh. I have heard from people who have visited recently that it has improved a lot in the last 5 years. Better roads, access, supply routes. That was the main reason for Chinese anger.

Don't know when you served in Ladakh. I have heard from people who have visited recently that it has improved a lot in the last 5 years. Better roads, access, supply routes. That was the main reason for Chinese anger.
hi

during KARGIL WAR TIME....now may be okay....

Latest ads

Back