• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brain drain can be converted to brain gain, says PM Modi

Status
Not open for further replies.
27 million strong Indian diaspora is definitely a strength!!

Brain drain can be converted to brain gain, says PM Modi

October 02, 2016 13:27

Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Sunday said brain drain can be converted into "brain gain" if the nation starts looking at the 27-million strong Indian Diaspora spread across the world as a strength rather than numbers.

"Brain drain worries can be converted into brain gain if we see the Indian Diaspora as a strength, rather than counting them just as numbers," Modi said after inaugurating the Pravasi Bharatiya Kendra here.

"In such times 'fear of unknown' can be an obstacle. Our Diaspora can help overcome this. They just have to tell the world that we belong to India," he added.

The Prime Minister stressed on the need to connect with the Diaspora and hailed his predecessor Atal Bihari Vajpayee who "coined the idea of Pravasi Bhartiya Divas and it has been continued since then".

http://news.rediff.com/commentary/2...says-pm-modi/8455b110d030a41ba938491c1a50e55e

Last edited:
I think it is important for people in India to listen to this message. Even in this forum PIO's are attacked as foreigners. We (PIO's) have been saying this for long time.

I think it is important for people in India to listen to this message. Even in this forum PIO's are attacked as foreigners. We (PIO's) have been saying this for long time.

I don't think so...I have seen discussions going tangential when anyone supports IC & IR...You might feel that it was an attack against PIO...Please do not have even an iota of doubt about contribution of PIO's to Hindu cultural advancements like building temples, taking Carnatic/Bharatanatyam classes seriously in foreign shores, doing Bhajans etc...

I don't think so...I have seen discussions going tangential when anyone supports IC & IR...You might feel that it was an attack against PIO...Please do not have even an iota of doubt about contribution of PIO's to Hindu cultural advancements like building temples, taking Carnatic/Bharatanatyam classes seriously in foreign shores, doing Bhajans etc...

I did not have you in mind when I posted that message. We have been attacked by others. Even now some members are attacking people from Delhi, and none of the other members trying to stop such mindless attacks.

I did not have you in mind when I posted that message. We have been attacked by others. Even now some members are attacking people from Delhi, and none of the other members trying to stop such mindless attacks.

This forum being a TB community forum we all have different notions about what is right for the Community...So you would have different voices being hears-soft, middle path & aggressive...It may not look like a healthy debate...But some people like to be part of the cacophony & take it to the extreme..But till date no one has cowed down in giving his or her opinion in this forum! The only suggestion that I would give is to be sensitive to others views & opinions!! It will help to make this forum adorable by its esteemed members!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back