• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahman, Atman & Jiva - How do we differentiate these 3 entities?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbs

Dear Auh,

They can be proved. That is one of my major initiatives. Once you show that spiritual energy is real, there is a lot of facts that can be shown to accord with what is said in scriptures. The real success is when you can predict correctly and consistently based on your theory that something will or will not happen.

hi

i did my ph.d in advaita.....still i can write thousands of papers abt this quoting from upanishads.....still based on anumaanam....

na tu pratykasham.....

auh

Dear Auh,

It seems you have a limited understanding of what proof is. Proof is that which shows that something is real. Proof can be had from experimental set up where you assemble instruments and try to detect something or alternately its absence. But this is just the support for the theory you develop to explain that something.

Those who believe in mind understand that it is also something that detects truths in the form of intuitions. Beyond a certain point things cease to be physical and you may not be able to prove the way you would like to. i.e., using physical instruments. But these deeper truths can be detected by the mind directly and that is what is also the proof itself. There is no separation of theory and experimental set up.

So those who have that ability are certainly not stupid.

Dear Sravna,

You are simply beating around the bush with an empty vessel to make sound. And sound only.

I have nowhere said that you cannot test your intuitive claims; only that you cannot conclude. Why is it difficult to understand?

Please come out with concrete evidences of SE that could be proved over time consistently and accepted universally. Until then talks dont count. Why do you want to waste SE discussing it here when you can easily prove it?

We'll talk about the stupid part then.

sravna

Dear Sravna,

You are simply beating around the bush with an empty vessel to make sound. And sound only.

I have nowhere said that you cannot test your intuitive claims; only that you cannot conclude. Why is it difficult to understand?

Please come out with concrete evidences of SE that could be proved over time consistently and accepted universally. Until then talks dont count. Why do you want to waste SE discussing it here when you can easily prove it?

We'll talk about the stupid part then.

Dear Auh,

I am sorry to say this. You have not understood yet what I said. An intuition, let us say a deep one is both the hypothesis and the proof for the mind that sees it. Does not one conclude with a proof?

OP
OP
A

A7thiru

Dear Sirs,

After having read all the explanations as given below, sad to say, i am no wiser nor has my understanding of the 3 entities been made clearer; just more confused than before. However, i thank all of you for the effort.

renuka

Gold Member
Gold Member
Dear Sirs,

After having read all the explanations as given below, sad to say, i am no wiser nor has my understanding of the 3 entities been made clearer; just more confused than before. However, i thank all of you for the effort.

Dear Sir,

There is something called a "Healthy Confusion"...as long as this confusion remains one seeks God.

a-TB

Dear Sirs,

Dear newbie Mr A7thiru:

Why do you want to know all these terms and their differences?

No one knows anyway, members just write the same stuff regardless of what the question is.

Welcome to the forum!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks