• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Brahma Temple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now I am 59 years and for ages I was informed that for Brahma there is one and only temple and is at Pushkar near Ajmer. Which I had visited some times back. Then some one told me that there is one more temple for Brahma at Thirupattur near Trichy, which I visited last year. Now I got a msg that there is a Temple exclusively for Brahma at Bangalore and is very near to my House, and visited recently.
Now folks is there any other temples for Brahma ?
What is the type of Pooja performed there ?
Like Lord Shiva :------ Abhisheka piriyar / repeated abhishekams and
Lord Vishnu ------------Alankaara piriyar / variety of alankaarams
Lord Brahma ----------------- ?
anybody to clarify.

Now I am 59 years and for ages I was informed that for Brahma there is one and only temple and is at Pushkar near Ajmer. Which I had visited some times back. Then some one told me that there is one more temple for Brahma at Thirupattur near Trichy, which I visited last year. Now I got a msg that there is a Temple exclusively for Brahma at Bangalore and is very near to my House, and visited recently.
Now folks is there any other temples for Brahma ?
What is the type of Pooja performed there ?
Like Lord Shiva :------ Abhisheka piriyar / repeated abhishekams and
Lord Vishnu ------------Alankaara piriyar / variety of alankaarams
Lord Brahma ----------------- ?
anybody to clarify.
I have heard there is one some where in Sri Lanka. There is another in Thirukandiyur (near Thiruvaiyaru) which is in dilapidated condition. Brahma must be fond of creations and cartoons piriyar.

In the North Indian Temple except some exceptions, they generally do Arati. When we visited this temple, our friend took us in, the priest welcomed us inside the garbha Graha and did a arati, and we were allowed to do a pradkshina. Then he took us to other moorties in the temple. The arati time they chant the Brahma's praise as opposed to praise for Ganesh.

If you go to baidnathdam in Banaras it is same, you can touch the lingam, actually the lingam disappears by the constant touch and they have to replace it.

In the North The modern temples like Birla temples you can not go inside. Similarly in Vaisnav temples you can reach the Idol. Which is similar to Ganapathi temple, or Lakshmi temple of Maharashtra.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back