• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Books for Children by British Authors - Roald Dahl

From childhood I was reared on a diet of stories by various British Authors, Enid Blyton being the most common.

In my late teens, I stumbled upon books written by the celebrated British Author, Roald Dahl. I was
absolutely mesmerized. Mind you, there are shades of grey in many of his books, particularly the short
stories, but they are absolutely unputdownable.

I doubt if you would find these books in a public library, but one can try gutenberg.net.au or other websites
where one can read books for free. Since the copyright on these books would have expired, one might find
pdf versions of these books online. Please Google for details.

It is a sad state of affairs in Tamil Nadu where teenage girls have not even heard of Mills & Boon. This is one
of the most confounded muck one can come across with the stories being similar with only a change in name
and location of the principal characters. Maybe, it is all for the good since one loses grip with reality after reading
such trash where the "tall dark handsome man" ultimately gets the "exquisitely beautiful and lissome girl".

But surely "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen is worth a read.

Latest ads

Back