• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bill To Amend Senior Citizens Act introduced..............

swm3

Prasad Ji,

It is very easy to preach sermon to others as though you are Holier than thou

But self practicing what we preach is very difficult. As senior member you are supposed to exhibit maturity in your postings and set an example to others.

I expect this from you and don't disappoint me.
Prasadji, no sense arguing with the likes of Prasad who simply cannot digest anything good coming out of Modi government, even if it as noble as taking care of the elderly via legal recourse. They can't help putting a negative spin on it. Their argument is that it is just a political ploy and will not work!

kamu

Bill To amend Senior Citizens Act to criminalize Abandonment & Abuse of Parents/Senior Citizens Introduced In Lok sabha

No parent is going to lodge a police complaint against his / her own child / children for abandoning him / her/ them.
The law should allow a concerned outsider [ whether neighbour or old age home or any other NGO ] to do it on behalf of the said person/s - otherwise it will be just you and me sympathising for the plight of the old people.
It will be for the police to verify the truth [or lackof it ] of the complaint

Maha52

No parent is going to lodge a police complaint against his / her own child / children for abandoning him / her/ them.
The law should allow a concerned outsider [ whether neighbour or old age home or any other NGO ] to do it on behalf of the said person/s - otherwise it will be just you and me sympathising for the plight of the old people.
It will be for the police to verify the truth [or lackof it ] of the complaint
There is relief....

Parents can evict abusive adult children from their house: HC

Children who abuse their parents while staying with them in their house can be evicted from the property, the Delhi High Court has ruled.

Justice Manmohan, in his ruling, specified that the house need not be self-acquired or owned by the parents.

“As long as the parents have the legal possession of the property, they can evict their abusive adult children,” the court said, adding that even the “courts have repeatedly acknowledged the right of senior citizens or parents to live peacefully and with dignity“.

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts