• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Bhakti

Brahmanyan

Free thinking of a nonagenarian.

Bhakti is a path to attain divine experience.
Lord Krishna explains his "vibhudhis"in Gita Chapter 10.
Bhagvan Shri Krishna on the request of Arjuna describes how he can be comprehended by his different manifestations. When we attune to these superlatives we reach the Devine experience.
When we experience these unexplainable ecstasy tears well in our eyes.
Tears are emotional outburst. Which is the result of deep involvement beyond the senses.Most researchers and psychologists believe that emotional tears—triggered by strong feelings such as joy and sadness—are unique to humans.
Extreme beauty of nature, a good painting or artistic work, poems, reach of an artist in music brings tears in my eyes. This I have experienced many times. That Italian Operatic Tenor Luciano Pavarotti takes me to shed tear without understanding a single word, similarly many musicians take us to emotional level and bring tears in our eyes.
Similar experience I pass through when I read the Alwars Pasuram and Manivasagar's poems.
These are a few who take us to Devine ecstasy !
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Last edited:
Alvars Pasurams in Tamil carry deep Bhakti . Here's one by Thondaradipodi Alwar,(Vipra Narayana) expressing his anguish before the Lord in Sri Rangam.

மனத்திலோர் தூய்மை யில்லை வாயிலோ ரிஞ்சொ ல்லில்லை

சினத்தினால் செற்றம் நோக்கித் தீவிளி விளிவன் வாளா புனத்துழாய் மாலை யானே பொன்னிசூழ் திருவரங்கா

எனக்கினிக் கதியென் சொல்லாய் என்னையா ளுடைய கோவே.

(தொண்டரடிப் பொடியாழ்வார்)

I have no purity in mind, neither I have sweetness in my words,
With impotent rage and looks of hatred, I have uttered fiery words.
O Lord adorned with Thulasi garlend, Lord of Ponni surrounded Thiruvarangam, tell me my king, what will be my fate !
(Thonadaradipodi Alvar)

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

hi

in bhakthi....i like 2 stories very much impressed and attracted....1 ANDAL BHAKTHI AND MEERA

BHAKTHI......very peculiar character and very simple....in the same 2 small kids ....PRAHLADHA AND

DHRUVA IN BHAGAVATHAM....when i read original sloka in sanskrit about DHRUVA STUTI....

i cried myself many times...a small boy can proove this much of BHAKTI to lord narayana....

even advaitins will feel saguna upasana...thanks for post

Free thinking of a nonagenarian.

Bhakti is a path to attain divine experience.
Lord Krishna explains his "vibhudhis"in Gita Chapter 10.
Bhagvan Shri Krishna on the request of Arjuna describes how he can be comprehended by his different manifestations. When we attune to these superlatives we reach the Devine experience.
When we experience these unexplainable ecstasy tears well in our eyes.
Tears are emotional outburst. Which is the result of deep involvement beyond the senses.Most researchers and psychologists believe that emotional tears—triggered by strong feelings such as joy and sadness—are unique to humans.
Extreme beauty of nature, a good painting or artistic work, poems, reach of an artist in music brings tears in my eyes. This I have experienced many times. That Italian Operatic Tenor Luciano Pavarotti takes me to shed tear without understanding a single word, similarly many musicians take us to emotional level and bring tears in our eyes.
Similar experience I pass through when I read the Alwars Pasuram and Manivasagar's poems.
These are a few who take us to Devine ecstasy !
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.
Dear Sir,

As much as I agree with this post yet till today I have not experienced a bhakti moment while praying as to bring tears to my eyes.

I cried a lot when I watched the movie Edward Scissorhands because I felt sad for him.
I cried when I saw E.T when I was young because I thought E.T died (thank God he didnt die!)

Usually only sadness and death brings tears to my eyes.
I felt very sad when Sathya Sai Baba passed away but when He was alive I never cried even when I used to go His ashram.

I have not felt Bhakti of a teary eyed kind but I have felt a feeling of connectivity which didnt induce tears but rather just realigned me for that particular moment.

When I read works of Bhakti for eg Narayaneeyam, I dont feel emotional at all cos I am admiring the brilliance in the verses where he laments about his rheumatoid arthritis and cleverly includes it in his verses as Bhakti plea and feel sad for him a little cos his condition must have been very painful.
But it did not induce tears in me.

I do hope someday I would be able to experience what you wrote.

Dear Sir,

As much as I agree with this post yet till today I have not experienced a bhakti moment while praying as to bring tears to my eyes.

I cried a lot when I watched the movie Edward Scissorhands because I felt sad for him.
I cried when I saw E.T when I was young because I thought E.T died (thank God he didnt die!)

Usually only sadness and death brings tears to my eyes.
I felt very sad when Sathya Sai Baba passed away but when He was alive I never cried even when I used to go His ashram.

I have not felt Bhakti of a teary eyed kind but I have felt a feeling of connectivity which didnt induce tears but rather just realigned me for that particular moment.

When I read works of Bhakti for eg Narayaneeyam, I dont feel emotional at all cos I am admiring the brilliance in the verses where he laments about his rheumatoid arthritis and cleverly includes it in his verses as Bhakti plea and feel sad for him a little cos his condition must have been very painful.
But it did not induce tears in me.

I do hope someday I would be able to experience what you wrote.
Dear Doctor,
I always appreciate the honesty in your messages.
As for me, the result of "Bhakti" is the divine ecstasy which cannot be defined by words. As we grow old, our desires leave one by one and empty our mind and memory. Only thought remains is based on the question "what is the purpose" of our existence ! Absolute surrender to the devine power (unknown ) "Bhakti" is one of the methods to find an answer.
Still I pursue the search,
Best wishes,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

Dear Doctor,
I always appreciate the honesty in your messages.
As for me, the result of "Bhakti" is the divine ecstasy which cannot be defined by words. As we grow old, our desires leave one by one and empty our mind and memory. Only thought remains is based on the question "what is the purpose" of our existence ! Absolute surrender to the devine power (unknown ) "Bhakti" is one of the methods to find an answer.
Still I pursue the search,
Best wishes,
Brahmanyan
Bangalore.
thank you for the reply Sir.

Latest ads

Back