• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Best Profession for IT/MBA

During my recent visit to chennai , I came across two cab drivers/owners who were ex employees of MNCs with IT/MBA

qualifications.

The first one was in oman earning 45K per month returned to india due to ill treatment of boss who also was incidentally a

tamil . After returning to india he had got employed as a car driver with someone having a fleet of cars.

The other was an MBA who had worked with MNCs and decided to purchase cars and had three cars ,for one of which he

himself was the driver. He says this is very lucrative and better than working in MNCs.

Both were around thirty years.Both spoke very good english and well mannered.

The uncertainities of working for MNCs who under pay and fire employees at their will is driving many away from their

profession.

Driving a car does not require much skill or high academic credentials.

Working conditions in IT industry which hires for a pittance [ Salaries in big four IT majors have halved in last seven years

Most work atleast 10 hours with no overtime. They do not have unions to protect them . They are fired at will.

They cannot shift their job to another company easily as these companies have an understanding not to poach each

others employees.

Time is not far off when women IT workers will become baby sitters or serve as waitresses in hotels.Already many from call

centres are managing the front desk in 4 or 5 star hotels.

Indiscriminate opening out of india to the western way of life has damaged our next generation irreparably.

They have nothing to hold on for their economic security.

Who will rescue them and secure their uncertain future?

No job is perfect or secure for ever. The maximum that one can do is to try to be sincere and above average in his job, and to keep oneself updated on job trends. The rest is fate.

I too have met Cab drivers who have completed BE , MBA ( though not from Premier Institutions ) and will write in detail later about the reasons why they took to this profession and the challenges they are facing

One MNC in singapore where my daughter works laid off 40% of employees in one stroke as they found it

lucrative to out source to india. Such actions clearly indicate that our IT industry is exploitative that advanced

countries prefer to off load their work here.Human resource in india is treated badly primarily because it is

available in large numbers and turned out by our engineering colleges affilated to anna university and such

universities in india.

There is something seriously wrong with our model of economic development with high meaningless growth

and colleges turning out sub standard engineers who cannot be employed in their core

disciplines.Manufacturing has taken a huge hit with small and medium scale industries closing down. All are

forced to service sector where there is mismatch of qualification and job content. Where does the qualified

youth go now?

In india our policy makers do not learn from the past experiences.

In 1968 , we had a similar situation when there was a huge number of engineering and diploma degree

holders,Rupee had been devalued by about 58% and economy had taken a down turn.

Then a scheme to give monthly doles of rs 300/175 for engg and diploma holders was put in place.

Those from IITs and top colleges either got out of the country for higher education or joined PG or research .

I parked myself in IIT delhi for 15 to 20 months under the head of research doing nothing much except

reading mostly novels and engaging in adventurous activities. IIT delhi has an excellent library and a good

humanities department. Good times lasted about 15 months when I got a well paying job I could not refuse.

Now things are no different. Engineering is the only discipline where there is no protection..Again there is a

huge surplus

Chartered accountants have it as they self regulate their numbers.

It is just faulty planning for which our youth are paying a price.

No job is perfect or secure for ever. The maximum that one can do is to try to be sincere and above average in his job, and to keep oneself updated on job trends. The rest is fate.
KRN sir

Govt or PSU jobs are secure even today unless it is a contract job.

In these jobs one needs to do precious little to continue securely in job until retirement. Couple of hours is good

enough to be an average employee.Unless one is ambitious to make it to top management such as Director or

chairman of company,employee can have a peaceful work life with no job stress.Most make it to AGM/DGM

before retirement with good pensions.

Unless someone is totally foolish or callous ,he does not get hurt as firing from these jobs is rare. Thats why all

aspire for govt jobs.

Being average without ambition is a blessing if one can be that way. They can have a wonderful official life in

Govt PSU jobs

Even a low paying job with flexible timings can be OK, in the long run. Today I came across the below Quora message, that sounds true.

"""
In a recent interview of Akshay Kumar, he revealed that he always laughs & spreads joy when with family, as life is very uncertain. In death bed, most of the people have a common regret. That is to not giving enough time to the family. People regret that they had been too busy making money instead of spending quality time with the family members. So one should just enjoy whatever fate he/ she has been granted by God. """

Latest ads

Back