• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ayushhomam - star appears twice in the same tamil month

Status
Not open for further replies.
My son will complete one year in this Karthigai month. He was born on 27-Nov-2012 in Barani star on the day of Barani Deepam/Karthigai Deepam. In this year, the Barani star comes twice in the month of Karthigai. The first occurrence happens on 17-Nov (Barani Deepam/Karthigai Deepam) and second one in Dec (14th). Should I do the ayush homam of my son on the first occurrence of the star or the second one ? We follow drik kanitha panchangam.

My son will complete one year in this Karthigai month. He was born on 27-Nov-2012 in Barani star on the day of Barani Deepam/Karthigai Deepam. In this year, the Barani star comes twice in the month of Karthigai. The first occurrence happens on 17-Nov (Barani Deepam/Karthigai Deepam) and second one in Dec (14th). Should I do the ayush homam of my son on the first occurrence of the star or the second one ? We follow drik kanitha panchangam.

There are people who follow the first occurrence, and there are people who celebrate on the second. So, you may have to ask your elderly relatives and chose according to your family custom.

Normally only the first occurrence of star is considered for celebrating birthdays, if the star comes twice in a month.

14th december is the correct date to celebrate aayush homam. as the star bharani is there from morning to evening. on 17th november the star bharani is there only upto 11.40 a.m. so it is not good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back