• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ayodhya : SC prefers mediation due to the religious sensitivity of the matter

KRN

The Judgment by the Allahabad HC stated that the property coming under the central dome legally belonged to the Hindus. The Muslim party had no locus standi in the matter. However, as a compromise solution, the Court suggested a division of the land into three.

All three major litigants were dissatisfied with the Judgment and appealed before SC.

The SC has now suggested that the matter cannot be simply seen as a property dispute (in which case the legal rights would rest entirely with the Hindus) and instead, considering the religious sensitivities involved, mediation be adopted.

I wonder why the Court is now suggesting this method to a centuries old dispute, when opinion has hardened, become intransigent and fossilized.

And if mediation is to be adopted here in view of "religious sensitivity" then why not in the Sabarimala issue? I see double standards here.

KRN

I hope that further actions in this matter by the honourable SC in the coming days will clarify the above matter and will correct any apprehension in the minds of the public.

Dear KRN Sir,
If you think about why it took the SC 9 years to come to this conclusion, you can understand the game. The game is to just delay the issue as much as possible and the new generation may not care about it at all. The possibility of a mosque coming up at the site is more than the probability of building a hindu temple.

tbs

hi

i heard that once sri sri Ravi shankar ji ready to mediate....i don;t know much details...

KRN

Dear KRN Sir,
If you think about why it took the SC 9 years to come to this conclusion, you can understand the game. The game is to just delay the issue as much as possible and the new generation may not care about it at all. The possibility of a mosque coming up at the site is more than the probability of building a hindu temple.
I am amazed at the patience of the litigants.. spending entire lifetimes on these Court matters.....

There is no better example for "Justice delayed is Justice denied"

prasad1

Sri Sri, Sriram Panchu and FMI Kalifulla - what do the three Ayodhya dispute mediators have in common?
The three mediators appointed by Supreme Court to resolve the Ayodhya dispute have a common thread -- all hail from Tamil Nadu.
  • Mar 8, 2019, 07:08 PM IST
The three mediators appointed by Supreme Court to resolve the Ayodhya dispute have a common thread -- all hail from Tamil Nadu.
The Supreme Court Friday referred the politically sensitive case for mediation and appointed retired apex court judge FMI Kalifulla as the head and senior advocate Sriram Panchu and spiritual guru Sri Sri Ravi Shankar as two other members of the panel for the purpose.
1. FMI Kalifulla

Kalifulla hails from Karaikudi in Sivaganga district while Ravi Shankar was born in Papanasam near Kumbakonam in Thanjavur district and Panchu is Chennai-based.
Kalifulla started his legal career from Tamil Nadu, before retiring as a Supreme Court judge in 2016.
He had delivered the landmark judgement for carrying out reforms in the Indian cricket board BCCI.
After enrolling as an advocate in 1975, Kalifulla had appeared for various public and private sector undertakings, nationalised and Scheduled Banks in his career.
He was appointed a Judge in the Madras High Court in 2000. After a 11-year stint here, he was transferred to Jammu and Kashmir High Court as its Chief Justice, from where he was elevated to the top court a year later.
At his farewell function in 2016, then Chief Justice of India T S Thakur had praised Justice Kalifulla for the historic verdict in which he was heading the bench with his brother judge, saying the outgoing judge provided valuable insights.
"While deciding the BCCI matter I felt like I was sitting besides a former Indian cricket captain. That much insight was provided by Kalifulla. He has so much insight into the working of BCCI. I am eternally grateful to him for helping me and the game as such in regaining its glory," Justice Thakur had said.
On Friday, Kalifulla said the SC-appointed committee will take every step to settle the Ramjanmaboomi-Babri Masjid dispute "amicably."

2. Sriram Panchu

Panchu, a senior advocate of the Madras High Court, is a pioneer in the mediation movement.
Founder of the country's first court-annexed mediation centre -- The Mediation Chambers -- in the Madras High Court in 2005, he has authored books on mediation, including a comprehensive manual -- Mediation: Practice and Law.
Panchu has mediated a number of cases, including the one involving the boundary dispute between Assam and Nagaland.
"It is a very serious responsibility given to me by the Honourable Supreme Court. I will do my best," he said on the apex court nominating him as one of the mediators.

3. Sri Sri Ravi Shankar

Sri Sri Ravishankar, according to his Bengaluru-based Art of Living foundation, was born to Visalakshi Ratnam and R S Venkat Ratnam in Papanasam.
He, however, shifted to Bengaluru early in life and graduated in Bachelor of Science from St Joseph's College.
The spiritual guru has been attempting mediation on the dispute for some time now, before the court chose him as part of the panel Friday.
On his being included in the panel, he said everybody must move together to end long-standing conflicts.
"Respecting everyone, turning dreams to reality, ending long-standing conflicts happily and maintaining harmony in society - we must all move together towards these goals.
#ayodhyamediation," he tweeted.

tbs

hi

this would have done seven yrs ago....everything/anything can't do by the government/supreme court...

its peoples issue....law has limited role in many issues..especially religion/temple issues....this is democratic

country...by the ppl...for the ppl....so very careful in sensitive issues...

Janaki Jambunathan

May be of interest to Prasad

Vedic astrology has scientific base, this truth is also accepted by Law in INDIA.

In response of the Writ Petition no. 13540 of 2001 of Madras High Court Judge Mr. Justice F.M. Ibrahim Kalifulla clearly gave judgment in favor of astrology.

When there is strong views, mediation are of little help. Islam, unlike Hindu is not an original religion. All muslims or one of their parental lineage are converts from other religion. I thought that the best solution was to allow entire Ram Janmabhumi to Hindus and compensate Muslims with land elsewhere. It should be noted that in islam demolishing Mosque for a good cause is not a sacrilege, but demolishing temples is an sacrilege as per Hindu customs.

Jaykay767

Now let me ask some blunt questions as usual :)- LOL.

How do you know this is really the birth place of our Lord Raman ?? Somebody said this 100 yrs or 150 yrs back ? and this has become faith now ??

Is there any evidence at all ?? Before people start jumping, I would absolutely love to see a grand temple built but not at the cost of hurting millions of Muslims.

If you have solid evidence, then, one can take this to the Muslim community and try to convince them.

tbs

hi

my small observation.....i feel.....the same ayodhya can be centre of learning for both communities...

make grand university with mandir and masjid together....education is common to all and need of the hour..

Ramayana Text has Ayodhya, Lanka , Rameswaram and other places. Although the incident happened in BC era, the same epic was known atleast in 10 th century AD. The place description in Rameswaram matches with the description in a portion of Sundarakandam. Then man made bridge like structure between dhanushkodi and Talaimar has been given credence by Satellite image. Even now with little knowledge of swimming one can cross the palk strait as in most parts the water is shallow below six feet.
Its a known fact that muslim invadors mercilessly demolished temples. It is also known that to escape from Muslim onslaught Sri Ranganathaswamy was forced to take refuge in Tirumala. Fortunately Tirumala escaped the wrath of Muslims due to the sheer power of the lord. Hence we must respect the belief of the people as it closely resembles the Epic.
There are many historic things which begs solid evidence as: Nailing of Jesus, Resurrection of Jesus, Whether Holy Quaran was based on dictates of superior or man made etc

KRN

How do you know this is really the birth place of our Lord Raman ?? Somebody said this 100 yrs or 150 yrs back ? and this has become faith now ??

Is there any evidence at all ?? Before people start jumping, I would absolutely love to see a grand temple built but not at the cost of hurting millions of Muslims.

If you have solid evidence, then, one can take this to the Muslim community and try to convince them.
Do you have solid evidence to show that, whomsoever you have referred to as the "Muslim community" in the above post, will be ready and willing to be convinced (and not that "someone can try to convince them") to give up their clams, once solid evidence is brought before their eyes that Ayodhya is the birth place of Lord Raman

Do you have solid evidence to show that, whomsoever you have referred to as the "Muslim community" in the above post, will be ready and willing to be convinced (and not, as you say, that "someone can try to convince them") to give up their claims, once solid evidence is brought before their eyes that Ayodhya is the birth place of Lord Raman?

KRN

Archaeological discoveries placed in detail before the HC (and now, before SC) showed that the ruins of a Hindu temple existed directly under the disputed structure (that commonly goes by the name Babri Masjid). The Judgments by two judges of the Allahabad HC clearly mention that the Mosque was built after demolishing a preexisting Hindu Temple, while the third, Muslim Judge slightly differed and stated that, while the ruins of a Hindu Temple did exist under the Mosque, that itself is not conclusive proof that the Mosque was built after demolishing the said Temple.

Either way, the fact acknowledged by all Judges, is that a huge Hindu temple did exist directly below the disputed structure.

In view of Religious Text, Archaelogical and Judicial conclusive findings, I think no procrastination is required. Govt must come out with a law or ordinance to acquire all land and allow building of Ram temple. Muslims can be compensated with land elsewhere.

Jaykay767

hi

my small observation.....i feel.....the same ayodhya can be centre of learning for both communities...

make grand university with mandir and masjid together....education is common to all and need of the hour..
Agree. Most acceptable solution for both the communities for an otherwise intractable problem. But our right wingers are on a different world trip !!

They don't realise their masters don't care about building any temple, they are using this to whip up sentiments and win the election !!

Jaykay767

First off, the archeological report has been disputed by many independent observers.

Keeping that aside, all of us need to understand, building a temple on the same place where the mosque was demolished will lead to unprecedented communal tensions and riots. I am sure most people will agree that people losing lives is the last thing any of us want.

Any solution has to be acceptable to the Muslim community. and there are only 2 options.

1. Show irrefutable solid evidence that Lord Raman was born in that place and then discuss with the the Muslim leaders. This will have a higher chance of success. There are many moderate Muslim leaders today who will support this.

2. Like tbs suggested build grand university with both ram temple and masjid next to each other.

No other solution will be accepted by the Muslims and also the majority of Indians !!

Follow Tamil Brahmins on Social Media

Latest posts