• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Avoid Pyramid Marketing Schemes

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Post is just to Caution members about [FONT=&quot]Pyramid Marketing Schemes [/FONT]

Within days of top Amway India executives being arrested in connection with a case over violation of the Prize, Chits & Money-circulation Schemes (Banning) Act, 1978, it is learnt that the Department of Financial Services has proposed banning pyramid marketing schemes through an amendment to the Act.

However, it is not yet clear whether pyramid structures would include multi-level marketing firms like Amway, too. An association of direct-selling firms distanced itself from pyramid marketing structures, saying multi-level marketing companies did not incentivise the direct-selling distributors on recruitment of another distributor in the network, unlike in pyramid marketing schemes.

According to people in the know, following inter-ministerial meetings over plugging the loopholes in the current legal structure that governs multi-level marketing schemes, Ponzi schemes and pyramid marketing, the department, under the finance ministry, has proposed that pyramid marketing schemes be banned and necessary changes in the existing Act be accordingly made.

FinMin for ban on pyramid marketing schemes | Business Standard

5/302013 India Ponzi’s - The police in the eastern state of Assam have arrested six executives of Mavrodi Mondial Moneybox, including three Russians, for running a pyramid scheme, the Times of India reporte on Thursday. The police believe that the three Russians, identified as Alexei Muratov, Danis Rosaov and Andre Kilyn, the firm's representatives in Mumbai Dinesh Kotian and Rimish Balan, and Nabajit Das, a local agent in Guwahati, were duping customers in Assam into joining a pyramid scheme once used by the infamous Russian company MMM. One of the Russians allegedly advertised the company by pretending to be a journalist, the newspaper reports. He even fooled the local police and reportedly recruit several!

INDIA PYRAMID ponzi AMWAY PROBLEMS SCHEMES BEATING MLM NETWORK MARKETING

GOI will lick the feet of anyone who brings in some forex be it for, pyramid-marketing, pozi or whatever name you call. Possibly the new legislation may call for a sworn affidavit from Amway and other officials stating that their operations will not contravene the legal provisions and bans; that will be it.

Who does not know that Amway does give incentives on a distributor getting a "new leg"?

hi sir
Thanks for the news....i know some ppl doing business here in USA in amway....even my wife is getting interest in Amway....i warned

her... now she dropped the idea...Thanks for timely warning....

hi sir
Thanks for the news....i know some ppl doing business here in USA in amway....even my wife is getting interest in Amway....i warned

her... now she dropped the idea...Thanks for timely warning....

tbs Sir Thanks

Please do not fall in to this trap; some months back there was program in NEEYA NAANA Sponsored by Vijay TV about how people are cheated by these types of marketing; I will try to search for it and post it here for your benefit.

I got it for you, please watch this full episode.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1z3U6FXV4BM

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back