• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Assets of indian politicians

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now, there is a hectic debate going on in the country about repatriation of all ill-gotten wealth of our Indian politicians, stashed in Swiss banks. Several estimates are doing the rounds. But, the fact remains large chunks of black money are there in Swiss banks.

I have the following thoughts agitating in my mind, for a long time.

1. C.B.I. is quite often heard to initiate criminal proceedings against
'persona non grata' for the charge 'amassing wealth disproportionate
to the known sources of income'. If this charge could be seriously
initiated against most of the politicians of all hues and size and also
top bureaucrats, we can recover large amounts of their money
kept at different locations, in different forms and in different names.

2. In the affidavits filed by contestants in general elections, details of
their assets are furnished by them. Then, can we conclude that
the assets other than those declared to the election commission
do not belong to them? In such a case, can we confiscate the
assets they really possess and enjoy in their real life?

For these, we require the help from the honest legal luminaries of the country. Will they do?

re

Now, there is a hectic debate going on in the country about repatriation of all ill-gotten wealth of our Indian politicians, stashed in Swiss banks. Several estimates are doing the rounds. But, the fact remains large chunks of black money are there in Swiss banks.

I have the following thoughts agitating in my mind, for a long time.

1. C.B.I. is quite often heard to initiate criminal proceedings against
'persona non grata' for the charge 'amassing wealth disproportionate
to the known sources of income'. If this charge could be seriously
initiated against most of the politicians of all hues and size and also
top bureaucrats, we can recover large amounts of their money
kept at different locations, in different forms and in different names.

2. In the affidavits filed by contestants in general elections, details of
their assets are furnished by them. Then, can we conclude that
the assets other than those declared to the election commission
do not belong to them? In such a case, can we confiscate the
assets they really possess and enjoy in their real life?

For these, we require the help from the honest legal luminaries of the country. Will they do?

its a pipe dream,to expect politicians to bring the money from tax-havens from abroad.they have so many benamis,running bizs here in abroad.

the money if brought to india,will never be used for common programs to uplift the living conditions of indians.our indian leaders shud learn from american leaders,as to how they have kept a standard of living which is very superior to that in india.what is luxury in india,for americans its basic neccesity in life.

unless,global approach is taken,these tax-evasion,hoarding of un-accounted money and above all the mentality,not to bribe or be bribed,must become a 'swasa karru' for indians.things will dramatically change.but then,i am no role model either,becoz i succumb to temptations myself,so,who is to bell the cat?

sb

Atleast to begin with, penetrating questions must be posed to those politicians,
whose wealth has gone up exponentially, between two general elections. If convincing replies can not be given, first nationalise the wealth shown over and above what was declared last time.

Atleast to begin with, penetrating questions must be posed to those politicians,
whose wealth has gone up exponentially, between two general elections. If convincing replies can not be given, first nationalise the wealth shown over and above what was declared last time.
I agree, but it is not generating up enough action.... one reason could be that sidelining one or a few politicians could lead to cascading disclosures... and the entire link may have been compromised... moreover, on the legal side, there are enough clauses and provisos which one can resort to, in order to keep the issue dragging on in courts...

karunanidhi made a daring move in exposing jayalalitha, but she was unable to reciprocate (in terms of disclosing mk's distorted assets) even when she was in power...

as long as there are vested groups, it is an uphill task... it may eventually fructify when there is an awakening among the so-called backward classes of india...

re

I agree, but it is not generating up enough action.... one reason could be that sidelining one or a few politicians could lead to cascading disclosures... and the entire link may have been compromised... moreover, on the legal side, there are enough clauses and provisos which one can resort to, in order to keep the issue dragging on in courts...

karunanidhi made a daring move in exposing jayalalitha, but she was unable to reciprocate (in terms of disclosing mk's distorted assets) even when she was in power...

as long as there are vested groups, it is an uphill task... it may eventually fructify when there is an awakening among the so-called backward classes of india...

muka shares better than jj.muka has friends and family manifold than jj.morever jj is from royal birth of mysore whereas muka is homespun tiruvarur telengu -tamil family connection .muka appeals more to common citizenry than jj who is from cine background,wherein she was very successful as she is in politics due to her mentor mgr's legacy and indira gandhis legacy.but her own actions is now backfiring her.but i sure want the lady to win despite jailing my matru kula gurus,hopefully she herself will exonerate the revered saints.

but,coming to the topic=the ration of looting public tax payers money and keeping 80% of it and only 20% being done for progress should change .the ratio should be 80% for peoples progress and 20% for politicians greed.but such wishful thinking from me will never materialise,my india is cursed by 1000 years of mlechas rule and my brothers and sisters are doomed,untill this curse is broken.

sb

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back