• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Animals are self aware and can do reasoning based conclusions

Status
Not open for further replies.

tks

Animals are self aware and can do reasoning based conclusions !

Here an elephant is placed in front of a mirror.

It does a few experiments before figuring out it is a mirror.

Animals have shown they have emotions, they have thoughts and memory and have demonstrated their ability to be self aware and arrive at reasoning based conclusions.

Why do the human animal cause so much harm to all other animals in the world?

https://imgur.com/gallery/tKw4J

Aggressive young orphaned elephants are reported to have killed 36 rhinos, including rare black ones, in a game park in eastern South Africa.

According to conservationists, the young elephants have been provoking confrontations with the rhinos since they were introduced to Hluhluwe-Umofolozi Park in KwaZulu-Natal. The elephants were orphaned when their parents were culled in the early 1990s in an effort to control the elephant population in Kruger National Park. As they have matured, so they have become more aggressive. Attacks on rhinos have been growing over the past two years, with 13 killed, including two black rhino, in the last five months of 1999, South African newspapers report.

We really do not know animal world, we guess from limited observation.

The realization that infant-killing occurs widely in nature is relatively recent. In large part this had to do with our repellence of the act. Charles Darwin set the tone when he wrote, in The Descent of Man, "Our early semi-human progenitors would not have practiced infanticide, for the instincts of the lower animals are never so perverted as to lead them regularly to destroy their own offspring." As late as the mid-1960s, classical ethology—the study of animal behavior in the wild—held that creatures rarely killed members of their own species, except in captivity or unnaturally crowded conditions.
NOVA | Killer Instinct
Yeah many animals kill for reasons beside food, Territory is one of the big reasons. Even cute animals like dolphins are known to kill small purpoises just for fun. Wolves often kill domestic dogs and vice versa just for kicks too.

I also know many raptor species will hunt and kill other animals but not eat them... often this is due to the fact that raptors like some humans get a buzz from killing big game. Goshawks for example are known to take on other bird species much larger than themselves. Many predators compete for food and often eliminate each others offspring to reduce competition. What I do know is that few if any species has managed to utilise it's surroundings the way humans have. Many predators are naturally armed with awesome weaponry but none can match the human arsenal. But sadly humans are not the only species known to hunt just for fun.

I agree with your question.

Simple. Some human animals do not let others (animals and human animals) to live the way they want, do not allow them to do what they want, but claim they are humanists, and think they only have the universal wisdom.

A human is a unique combination of "Godliness" and "Animalness".

In a human there is a past animal and a potential God.

When a person tries to suppress the animal in him and tries to promote Godliness ..he often fails.

He has yet to learn to embrace both the animal and God in him.

The animal in him complements the God in him. So technically there is no Human Animal..there is only the Half God Half Animal..Kadavul Pathi Mirugam Pathi

This song explains well:

Kadavul pathi, mirugam pathi,
Kalanthu seiytha kalavai naan.
Veliye mirugam, ulle kadavul
Vilanga mudiya kavithai naan.
Mirugam kontru, mirugam kontru
Kadavul valarka parkinten
Aanal, kadavul kondru, unavai thintu
mirugam mattum valarkirathe

Half-god, half-man,
A mixture of the two made me.
A beast outside, a God inside,
I am incomprehensible poetry.
Killing the beast, I try to raise god
But, killing and usurping god,
The animal alone grows in me.

Nandakumara, Nandakumara,
Naalai mirugam kolvaya,
Mirugam kondra echam kondu
Meendum kadavul seivaya
Kurangil iruthu manithan ental
Manithan niryai velvana
Miruga Jaathiyil pirantha manitha
Deva jyothiyil kalappaya

Will you kill the beast tomorrow?
Will you raise god from the beast's remains?
If man evolved from monkey,
Will he completely overcome it?
You who are born in the animal species,
Will you become one with the eternal flame?

Kadavul pathi, mirugam pathi,
Kalanthu seiytha kalavai naan.
Kaatril yeeri, mazhayil aadi,
Kavithai padum paravai naan
Kaatril yeeri, mazhayil aadi,
Kavithai padum paravai naan
Ovvoru thuliyum, ovvoru thuliyum
Uyiril verkal kulirkirathe
Ella thuliyum kulirumpothu
Iruthuli mattum Sudukirathe.

Half-god, half-man,
A mixture of the two made me.
Riding the wind, dancing in the rain
I am the bird that sings poems.
In every drop of rain, my soul grows colder
Even when all drops are cold, only two remain hot.

Mazhai neer sudathu theriyatha,
Kannam vazhikire kanner thulithan
Vennir thuli ena arivaya
Sutta mazhayum, sudatha mazhayum,
ontai kandavan neethane
Kanner mazhayil kanner mayayil
Kulikavaithavan neethane

Don't you know that rainwater is never hot?
Do you know that the tears that
flow down your cheek that are hot?
You are one who got wet in the hot and cold rain
You are one who got wet in tears.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back