• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

An alternative for veda patshalas

tulsi301

The best thing to do is to adapt the varna system to modern times. It should not be birth based but the determination of one's nature should be not as narrow in scope as aptitude testing.

One should be able to find out one's nature through an objective test scientifically designed . That is the proportion of sattvic, rajasic and tamasic tendencies in one.

That should satisfy all if the test is designed in a wise way.

What do you think?
Good suggestion. But I am not sure anyone in this country will have the GUTS to implement this impartially . Our Democratic sytstem is so much entrenched with vote bank politics, no politician will come out opnely to support such menaingful exercise. First and foremost let us remove birth determined caste system from all walks of life. For that the Givernment should start removing all caste based questions, classifications, reservations. On the contarray we are seein more distinct caste realted issues are opened up by the Governements

sankarcs

Dear Renuka,

Remember I am not suggesting birth based hierarchy but talent and skills based. Why would it not work? If aptitude testing , interviews and other selection process can work, this can also work. What I am suggesting is the focus on what personality and talent should hold different levels. And there is no discrimination. Each level is important is the way you have to see it. Top does not mean superior. It is simply based on the right competencies.
Our old system is a refined one and followed 1000s of years. Pl imagine if Albert Einstein or Sir C V Raman or Ramanujam was made to appear for tests attend interviews, result ????

sravna

Our old system is a refined one and followed 1000s of years. Pl imagine if Albert Einstein or Sir C V Raman or Ramanujam was made to appear for tests attend interviews, result ????
You are right Sir. Guna can discriminate the right talent very finely unlike the modern intelligence tests. I would say in this Kali Yuga it goes up to one in a trillion level which I believe is the level of divinity.

nag1953

There are many who people who have learnt Rudram, Chamakam and other shlokas during their childhood cashing in on the sentiment to teach their children something about our religious practices in this totally westernized atmosphere by conducting Zoom classes.
It is high time that our religious practices are safeguarded by learned pundits by offering online classes on Vedas, Rituals for gruhastas (starting with nithya pooja vidhaanam). These can be recorded and made available on Youtube and this portal. It is very much essential that it is taken up seriously to ensure that these practices are lost for ever.
The Ghanapati portal is doing a marvellous job of recording Veda mantras and publishing books, but does not offer to teach them.

sravna

Good suggestion. But I am not sure anyone in this country will have the GUTS to implement this impartially . Our Democratic sytstem is so much entrenched with vote bank politics, no politician will come out opnely to support such menaingful exercise. First and foremost let us remove birth determined caste system from all walks of life. For that the Givernment should start removing all caste based questions, classifications, reservations. On the contarray we are seein more distinct caste realted issues are opened up by the Governements
Personally I am very committed. I will do whatever it takes to bring in a fair and just system. I am in the midst of creating the approach to make this possible. By God's gift I am beyond temptations and pressures and hope that will help greatly in making it possible. Besides there are others factors which will stand firmly by me in the endeavour.

Last edited:
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks