• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Amavasai Koorcham Setup

தேவ காரியங்களுக்கு 2 தர்பையும், பித்ரு கார்யங்களுக்கு 3 தர்ப்பையும் வைக்க வேண்டும். அபர காரியங்களுக்கு ஒரே தர்ப்பை தான் வைக்க வேண்டும்.

Thanks a lot Gopalan sir..
I have a few more questions.
- Before placing the Koorcham you have drabhais placed East-West. How many lines will you have vertically? I notice that for pitr kaaryam we need to keep 3 darbhais per line. What is the reason for placing 2 or 3 lines?

Also, when do you use darbhai for deva kaaryam?

Thanks again for providing excellent answers.

C16

I assume you are referring about Pitru Koorcham in Tharpanam. Basically two set of Koorchas made out of 3/5/7/9 darbas are kept in Tharpanam. One represent Pitru varga & other refer to Matru varga.

There will 3 lines of Cut darbas are kept below to highlight vasu, Rudra & Adithya sthanam. Which is only a reference or can be considered as aasanam also. these will be kept east to west & above them the Koorchas will be placed North to South, ending the Sharp edge towards south.

Apart from this, you will have to wear Pavitram made out of 3 Darbas & Kattadarba for samkalpam. Incase of Any puja or samskaaras, the Pavitram will be made of 2 Darbas. Pavitram made of 4 Darbas will be used during the Public welfare programs such as temple Kumbhabhishekam ...etc.

Last edited:

Latest ads

Back