• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Alaska is ours says Russia

Things are definitely moving though not as fast as my anticipation. I am sure it will happen.
Even if doesnt happen it is ok. It is hard for everyone to get off their moral high horse. ( INcluding me by giving this opinion) .

I am here last 8 years. I have become emotionless. Sridhar Vembu is a great student, entrepreneur, philantrophist and causing a revolution in INdia, but even his wife doesnt want to come and live in India. So you cant please everyone everytime. As Ramanar says "There are no others" which means there is no right or wrong as well.

However its a pathetic tactic to say " Go to Russia" or "Go to Iran" or "Go to Pakistan" . Its a pathetic statement mostly made by by the self acclaimed patriots.

And one of the statements " failure to succeed in the land of opportunity" seemed offensive to me. America is all about "Being right" all the time. That makes them efficient and seems to give them a moral high ground. But as Osho says " machines are efficient, humans need to be emotional".

Last edited:
Even if doesnt happen it is ok. It is hard for everyone to get off their moral high horse. ( INcluding me by giving this opinion) .

I am here last 8 years. I have become emotionless. Sridhar Vembu is a great student, entrepreneur, philantrophist and causing a revolution in INdia, but even his wife doesnt want to come and live in India. So you cant please everyone everytime. As Ramanar says "There are no others" which means there is no right or wrong as well.

However its a pathetic tactic to say " Go to Russia" or "Go to Iran" or "Go to Pakistan" . Its a pathetic statement mostly made by by the self acclaimed patriots.

And one of the statements " failure to succeed in the land of opportunity" seemed offensive to me. America is all about "Being right" all the time. That makes them efficient and seems to give them a moral high ground. But as Osho says " machines are efficient, humans need to be emotional".
Dear Indianassault,

It is not just about preaching morality. I know people have stopped taking it seriously and it inevitably doesnt have the intended effect. Anyone who really wants to see fundamental changes happen in society understands that preaching alone is a wasted effort. Firstly we have to relate that preaching to the mundane matters in a way people are able to implement it and succeed. I strongly believe in idealism but rooted in pragmatism. Empty pragmatism has led us to the current state of affairs. I fully agree with your statement it is not just about being efficient.

Indian PM Modi tells Russia's Putin now 'is not an era of war'​

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday told Russian President Vladimir Putin that now is not a time for war, with food, fertiliser and fuel security among the major concerns of the world at present.

"I know that today's era is not an era of war, and I have spoken to you on the phone about this," Modi told Putin on the sidelines of a regional security bloc summit in Uzbekistan, adding that democracy, diplomacy and dialogue keep the world together.

Putin said that he understood Modi's concerns about the Ukraine war. "I know about your position on the conflict in Ukraine, and I know about your concerns. We want all of this to end as soon as possible."

Putin, who met Chinese President Xi Jinping at the summit, acknowledged on Wednesday Beijing's concerns about the war.

Modi and Putin spoke on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meeting, whose permanent members, besides India, include China, Russia, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.

"Our trade is growing, thanks to your additional supplies of Russian fertilisers to the Indian markets, which have grown more than eight fold. I am hopeful that this is going to be of huge help of the agricultural sector of India," Putin said.

Indian PM Modi tells Russia's Putin now 'is not an era of war'​

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Friday told Russian President Vladimir Putin that now is not a time for war, with food, fertiliser and fuel security among the major concerns of the world at present.

"I know that today's era is not an era of war, and I have spoken to you on the phone about this," Modi told Putin on the sidelines of a regional security bloc summit in Uzbekistan, adding that democracy, diplomacy and dialogue keep the world together.

Putin said that he understood Modi's concerns about the Ukraine war. "I know about your position on the conflict in Ukraine, and I know about your concerns. We want all of this to end as soon as possible."

Putin, who met Chinese President Xi Jinping at the summit, acknowledged on Wednesday Beijing's concerns about the war.

Modi and Putin spoke on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) meeting, whose permanent members, besides India, include China, Russia, Pakistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan.

"Our trade is growing, thanks to your additional supplies of Russian fertilisers to the Indian markets, which have grown more than eight fold. I am hopeful that this is going to be of huge help of the agricultural sector of India," Putin said.

Thank God.
Hopefully no more war.

I am happy that Russia is clearly beginning to prevail in the war. It is only going to get better for Russia. Shame on the 30 or so countries fighting a proxy war against them.

Last edited:
Russia and India have suspended negotiations over using rupees for trade between the two countries, with Moscow reluctant to keep the Indian currency on hand, Reuters reported Thursday.

The halt in talks deals a blow to Indian importers of cheap Russian oil and coal who were looking forward to a permanent rupee payment mechanism that would help bring down costs for currency conversion.

Russia, with a high trade gap in its favor, believed it would have an annual rupee surplus of more than $40 billion if a mechanism were enacted. Moscow felt that accumulating rupee is "not desirable," the report said, citing an unnamed official with the Indian government.

India's finance ministry, the Reserve Bank of India and Russian authorities did not immediately respond to requests from Reuters for comment.

Russia wants to be paid in Chinese yuan or other currencies, a second Indian government official involved in the discussions told Reuters. Moscow has increasingly turned to the yuan to move away from the US dollar after Russia was hit with Western sanctions for invading Ukraine in February 2022.

India began exploring a rupee settlement mechanism with Russia soon after Moscow launched war against the former Soviet state. No reported deals have been conducted using rupees, Reuters reported.

A currency dispute between Russia and India left deliveries of Russian weapons to India on hold, Bloomberg reported last month. The stalemate froze more than $2 billion in payments from India.

One factor that contributes to some countries not needing to hold rupees is India's share of global exports of goods, which runs at about 2%, the Reuters report said.

Russia says there's a problem with billions of rupees it has in India that need to be converted​

• Russia has accumulated billions of rupees that are sitting in Indian banks.
  • But Moscow acknowledged that it's a problem and is looking to convert the rupees to another currency.
  • Russia has a trade imbalance with India, which has been a top buyer of Russian energy.
Russia has billions of rupees sitting in Indian banks but acknowledged there's a problem as it looks for ways to convert that currency.

Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov noted the widening trade deficit with India, which has been a top buyer of Russian oil since Moscow launched its war on Ukraine last year.

"As for rupees, this is a problem because there are billions of rupees accumulated in accounts at Indian banks and we need to use this money," Lavrov told reporters in India on Friday. "For this, rupees should be converted into other currencies. This is being discussed."

Russia prefers to be paid in Chinese yuan, which has become the most-used foreign currency in Russia. Meanwhile, Moscow has reportedly been hesitant about using the rupee due to exchange-rate volatility.

After Russia invaded Ukraine and was essentially ousted from the global financial system, Russia initially encouraged the use of national currencies instead of the US dollar, which is the primary currency for commodities and trade.

Some Indian importers of Russian oil have tried using the UAE's dirhams and rubles to facilitate transactions.

Still, Russia and India remain deadlocked in a currency dispute that has also frozen weapons sales between the two countries.

India won't pay Russia in US dollars over concerns that it may face secondary sanctions and won't pay in rubles because of worries about obtaining Russia's currency on global markets at a fair rate, sources told Bloomberg last month.

Meanwhile, Russia won't take Indian rupees because of exchange-rate volatility, the report added. Moscow has also rejected an idea from New Delhi for the Kremlin to invest rupees from arms payments back into Indian capital markets so the currency doesn't pile up.

Currency concerns with Russia's currency have also plagued its other trade relations. Recently, it agreed to use the yuan to for payments on a nuclear-power plant deal with Bangladesh, after previously insisting on using its ruble.

See How a so called "Stable" friend is stabbing in the back.

Personally I feel prasad ji the unruly, who are also stupid and adharmic should be made to repent aloud in public for all their above said qualities.

Putin looks stronger the way he handled the mutiny while his opponents look run of the mill and easily predictable.

It is difficult to prevail over Gaza I believe. It seems they have some solid backing. Israel has to sweat it out but probably in vain

Latest ads

Back