• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

After parents’ suicide over wedding, relatives will leave the couple alone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lalit

Extreme reaction of parents!

[h=1]AFTER PARENTS’ SUICIDE OVER WEDDING, RELATIVES WILL LEAVE THE COUPLE ALONE[/h]

By Praveen Kumar, Bangalore Mirror Bureau | May 18, 2016, 04.00 AM IST

comments

The relatives of Manichandra and Sujatha — the couple that committed suicide over their daughter's marriage to a 'boy' they were opposed to — have decided not to pursue the case of 'abetment of suicide' against the son-in-law.

After Manichandra's relatives filed the case, Sreedhar Gowda, 30, was arrested on Monday and remanded to judicial custody till May 30.

Rashmi, 22, had left home on Friday, claiming she was going to a mall. A few hours later, Sreedhar had informed her parents about their wedding. Upset over this, her parents had consumed poison on Saturday. While Sujatha died the same day, Manichandra passed away on Sunday.

Relatives on Tuesday told Mirror that they were not going to trouble Rashmi and her husband. Besides, Rashmi's statement would be key, and because she is in support of her husband, in all possibility, the case against him would be dropped, said the police.

Sujatha's brother Appu Rao said Rashmi did not talk to any of the family members at her father's funeral on Monday. She walked in with police security and left the place. "Enough is enough. We do not want to talk about her any more. Let her live a 100 years, happily, with her husband. We will not talk to her regarding the deaths; the lives are gone already. We are all ready to write on a bond paper that we will not trouble her any more," he said.

Rao was upset over the allegations made by Rashmi. Calling them untrue, Rao claimed none of them knew about her relationship with Sreedhar till the suicide.

Manichandra's brother Ramesh said Rashmi had lost her parents and pushing for punishment for her husband wouldn't be right. "We want Rashmi to be happy. What she should have done is marry Sreedhar with her parents' consent," he said.

However, Vishwanath, an advocate, said it was a mystery why the police had even registered the case against Sreedhar when Rashmi had voluntarily married him. "They did it under pressure. Once he comes out on bail, he can challenge it in the court of law. The couple did not leave a suicide note blaming Sreedhar for their deaths. And even if they had, Rashmi's statement would be key," he said.

http://www.bangaloremirror.com/bang...edding-relatives-will-leave-the-couple-alone/

There is no Locus Standi here at all to even implicate this marriage as the cause of the suicide.

There is totally no case here...such cases should be thrown out of court.

Parents disapproved the marriage..their feelings were hurt...they feared comments from relatives/society etc...they became depressed and rest is history.It was their personal reaction to commit suicide..there was no element of force or instigation.

I feel parents should eventually realize that as parents we have a limited role once children reach adulthood.

Last edited:
There is no Locus Standi here at all to even implicate this marriage as the cause of the suicide.

There is totally no case here...such cases should be thrown out of court.

Parents disapproved the marriage..their feelings were hurt...they feared comments from relatives/society etc...they became depressed and rest is history.It was their personal reaction to commit suicide..there was no element of force or instigation.

I feel parents should eventually realize that as parents we have a limited role once children reach adulthood.

hi renu

you have extra brilliant knowledge....not every common man like me .....lah...

hi renu

you have extra brilliant knowledge....not every common man like me .....lah...

Dear TBS garu,

When I was growing up there were many things my mother used to preach to me about behavior,dressing etc..I just acted as if I was hearing it...she would only allow me to make saree blouses that were normal types..no barely there types of saree blouses!LOL

I used to like all sexy types of saree blouses but my mum would say "NO".

So I thought to myself..."let me grow up...when I become an adult..you can't tell me no anymore"

So that is what I did..when I grew up I made all saree blouses like what heroines wear in movies!LOL

My mum sometimes still says "how did this happen..I guided you so well when you were growing up"

I just tell her.."well its Karma"!

So you see..if I had these thoughts...I should allow my son too to shape his own thoughts for future...therefore I never impose my thoughts on him...I merely give him options to choose from and also allow him to contribute to options.

So its not extra brilliant knowledge on my part..cos I know what I can really be!LOL

Dear TBS garu,

I have another interesting situation...when I was a teen..I used to attend bhajans with my parents and all devotees would call each other Brother and Sister.

Men would address women as Sister So and So and Women would address men as Brother So and So.

I used to ask my mother..."why should we call everyone bro and sis..what if we start liking someone .. so why ruin our chances?"

My mum would get angry and say "just shut up"!

Dear TBS garu,

I have another interesting situation...when I was a teen..I used to attend bhajans with my parents and all devotees would call each other Brother and Sister.

Men would address women as Sister So and So and Women would address men as Brother So and So.

I used to ask my mother..."why should we call everyone bro and sis..what if we start liking someone .. so why ruin our chances?"

My mum would get angry and say "just shut up"!
hi renu,

i remember one story like......when i was young...we have national prayer in our school...morning pledge in school....the school

leader say...we repeat ir......like this in english......INDIA IS MY COUNTRY....ALL INDIAN ARE MY BROTHERS AND SISTERS....

I LOVE MY COUNTRY.....this is every day routine...ONCE I SAID TO MY MOM.....I CAN'T MARRY INDIANS....I HAVE TO MARRY ONLY

FOREIGN GAL.....BECOZ....ALL INDIANS ARE MY BROTHERS ANS SISTERS...then i realise later in my life...NOW IN REAL

LIFE...MY KIDS MAY MARRY ONLY FOREIGN GAL/BOY...NOT INDIANS ANYMORE....

Last edited:
Not only T B S Sir; one of my nephews settled in the U s of A said that he can't marry any Indian

girl because the two Tambram girls with whom he tried to date, promptly told him that he should

not bring luggage home after the wedding!

Luggage = In-laws

Last edited:
Not only T B S Sir; one of my nephews settled in the U s of A said that he can't marry any Indian

girl because the two Tambram girls with whom he tried to date, promptly told him that he should

not bring luggage home after the wedding!

Luggage = In-laws

Dear Raji Madam,

Sad state of affairs in our community..May be this is what their mothers taught these girls! Trying to impose their views!! May be your nephew has to negotiate with them to bring their (girl's) parents too

.... Sad state of affairs in our community..May be this is what their mothers taught these girls! Trying to impose their views!! May be your nephew has to negotiate with them to bring their (girl's) parents too
Dear Ganesh,

Last year he happily married an American girl. Since he is very tall, slim and fair and has an American accent,

they look like a white couple! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back