• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Actor Kamal Haasan fractures his leg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wishing Kamal a speeding recovery! Look forward to his tri-lingual Sabash Naidu!

Chennai, July 14, 2016Kamal Haasan fractures leg, hospitalised

• IANS

Kamal_2931519f.jpg

Actor Kamal Haasan

The actor was taking a break between schedules of his new film 'Sabash Naidu'.

Actor-filmmaker Kamal Haasan, who was taking a break between schedules of his upcoming comedy trilingual Sabash Naidu, fractured his leg after slipping and falling from the stairs of his office here.

“On Wednesday night, while taking the stairs, he suddenly slipped and lost control. The fall resulted in a minor fracture, but there’s nothing to worry. He has been admitted in the Apollo hospital,” a source close to the actor said.
Haasan’s plan to attend the London Indian Film Festival (LIFF) this weekend stands cancelled. “He was supposed to receive the Lifetime Achievement award at LIFF, which unfortunately he can’t attend in this position,” the source said.
The next schedule of Sabash Naidu, which Haasan is directing, is most likely to take place in Hyderabad.

http://www.thehindu.com/features/ci...hospitalised/article8847620.ece?homepage=true

Last edited:
Pray to lord Srinivasar / lord Renganathar to Bless Kamal hasan not only now ,but for his great future. He should shed the Ateist Label , as it does not help ,either him or his relatives & millions of hard- core FANS

A. Srinivasan

Hmmmm. The one who has done many risky shots himself, without the help of 'dupe' actors,

slips from his office stairs and is now unable to receive a prestigious award! So sad!
Does it not appear to be predetermined? Call it by any name - bad luck, ill fate or destiny! :decision:

Get well soon Kamal. May the Almighty bless you! :pray:

Pray to lord Srinivasar / lord Renganathar to Bless Kamal hasan not only now ,but for his great future. He should shed the Ateist Label , as it does not help ,either him or his relatives & millions of hard- core FANS

A. Srinivasan

I never liked Kamal. So I guess I am ok? :)

Hmmmm. The one who has done many risky shots himself, without the help of 'dupe' actors,

slips from his office stairs and is now unable to receive a prestigious award! So sad!
Does it not appear to be predetermined? Call it by any name - bad luck, ill fate or destiny! :decision:

Get well soon Kamal. May the Almighty bless you! :pray:
fair bit of imagination

Speedy recovery to anyone who is sick.
I do not watch movies, so I am not a Kamal fan.
I believe that everything is always blessed by Brahman. I do not think Brahman discriminates.
It might be karma or fate, but one must accept it.
There is no reward or punishment with malice. Accept it.
Hinduism believe that karma is a matter of basic cause-and-effect without the need of a deity to mediate the effects.

I like Kamal in hilarious roles and the best I like is 'Kaameshwaran'!
nominated_star.png

Serious Kamal.... A big NO! 'GuNa' is the worst, IMHO. :decision:

He is a bogus atheist and a pseudo-secularist.

He is a mediocre actor. He cannot perform certain roles what Shivaji did - Thiruvilayadal, Veerapandia Kattabomman, Kapalotiya Thamizhan, Thillana Mohanambal. He doesn't have powerful voice - a bit of lady voice too.

However, his elevation is due to the hard work of B journalism in Tamil Nadu.

LOL!

Its just a fracture..most probably a hair line fracture..recovery is usually fast.
Can happen to anyone.

Treatment is rest and immobilization to the affected area.

No need to think about fate,karma,acting ability etc.

.......... He is a mediocre actor. He cannot perform certain roles what Shivaji did - Thiruvilayadal, Veerapandia Kattabomman, Kapalotiya Thamizhan, Thillana Mohanambal. He doesn't have powerful voice - a bit of lady voice too. ........
OMG! All the roles by Sivaji in the movies mentioned above were overacted! :drama:

In fact, I can never tolerate the way he was 'biting' the nAdhaswaram; no real artists do that. :nono:

Gemini Ganesan's acting was more subtle.

SingAra vElane dEvA

I have seen Kamal at close quarters..In the 70's & 80's Kamal was the darling of women...The movies 16 vayadinile & Sakala kala vallavan showed his mettle..He was the envy of men too..

Haasan’s plan to attend the London Indian Film Festival (LIFF) this weekend stands cancelled.

So what's the big deal in this .It happens to many of us also i.e when we get suddenly sick and unable to attend some important family function .

Dear Krishna,

Missing to receive an award in person is different from missing a family function. :)

Whether he attends the award function or not he will get the award definitely . Also today by Video Conferencing many people who are unable to attend the award function intreact with the audience there live ( or recorded ) and convey their message that they intended to convey . Even the great Satyajit Ray got one of his big awards lying down in his hospital bed but what he spoke was recorded in video and was telecasted worldwide . No doubt receiving the award perosnally is a great feeling but we are living in a world where not all factors are totally in our control . A religious person will use the term GOD to indicate we cant control everything and GOD controls everything and a rationalist person uses the word NATURE to indicate we cant controll all things in NATURE . Whatever term we use the fact is beyond a point not all factors are in our control and you do not need to be big Rocket Scientist to understand this .

OMG! All the roles by Sivaji in the movies mentioned above were overacted! :drama:

In fact, I can never tolerate the way he was 'biting' the nAdhaswaram; no real artists do that. :nono:

Gemini Ganesan's acting was more subtle.

SingAra vElane dEvA

Cinema is a medium of exaggeration. Shivaji has millions of fans who never think he is overacting.

Have you attended Carnatic Music concerts of various artists - vocalists and instrumentalists? Each has his/her own way of exhibiting the talent. One who has wider appeal becomes popular. Two senior Mridhangam artists from the same place of a popular politician used to do all sorts of gimmicks; but is enjoyed by listeners.

I have seen Kamal at close quarters..In the 70's & 80's Kamal was the darling of women...The movies 16 vayadinile & Sakala kala vallavan showed his mettle..He was the envy of men too..

In the late 70s and early 80s, Kamalahasan acted in all sorts of masala movies, trying to capture the no.1 spot but failed miserably. Once Rajnikanth becomes no.1, he has no option but to copy Hollywood movies and seek help from foreign technicians to remain in the field.

Sakalakala Vallavan was a remake of MGR blockbuster Periaidathu Penn.

In the late 70s and early 80s, Kamalahasan acted in all sorts of masala movies, trying to capture the no.1 spot but failed miserably. Once Rajnikanth becomes no.1, he has no option but to copy Hollywood movies and seek help from foreign technicians to remain in the field.

Sakalakala Vallavan was a remake of MGR blockbuster Periaidathu Penn.

Sakalakala vallavan may be a remake! It was a roaring success! I do not remember the number of times I have seen that movie!Rajini had his own inimitable style...Kamal excelled in dancing & character roles while Rajini showed his brilliance in action movies...Moving on, Kamal's performance in Nayagan, Thevar magan showed his prowess as an ace actor...His Avvai Shanmugi & Vasool Raja MBBS showed his brilliance in comic roles..His humor was infectious! His ability to do justice to any character is best portrayed by the role of Suyambulingam that he essayed in Papanasam released last year!

Last edited:
I am not a fan of this great actor.

I have seen his sivappu rojakkal wherein he played a psychopath killer.

Leg fractures are normally not very serious.

It is a very common occurrence in india. .

Some bone setting and metal rod and plaster one can move around with a stick to support.

Unless some doctor decides to attach his plastered leg to a rope,pulley and weight in a hospital when mobility is hurt.

Poor in tamilnadu go to puthoor for a cheap local treatment.

Others around him might make him pray to God. He is on record claiming to be an atheist. that should be more painful than fracture.

Moving on, Kamal's performance in Nayagan, Thevar magan showed his prowess as an ace actor...!

Nayagan was a copy of Holywood all time hit God Father. Compared to Marlen Brando's performance, his acting in that movie was very ordinary.

Nayagan was a copy of Holywood all time hit God Father. ..........
:nono: The film starring Kamal Hassan as Sakthivelu Naiker was loosely based on the life of famed gangster

‘Varadrajan Mudaliar.’
Migrating to Mumbai in the early 60’s, Vardarajan Mudaliar or Vardhabhai as known by his follower’s

mainly controlled Sion-Dharavi area and was famous for his bootlegging and matka dens across the city. Contemporary to

Haji Mastan and Karim Lala, they had immense respect for each other and they have been given passing references in some

crucial scenes of the movie.

Source:
Nayagan

:nono: The film starring Kamal Hassan as Sakthivelu Naiker was loosely based on the life of famed gangster

‘Varadrajan Mudaliar.’
Migrating to Mumbai in the early 60’s, Vardarajan Mudaliar or Vardhabhai as known by his follower’s

mainly controlled Sion-Dharavi area and was famous for his bootlegging and matka dens across the city. Contemporary to

Haji Mastan and Karim Lala, they had immense respect for each other and they have been given passing references in some

crucial scenes of the movie.

Source:
Nayagan

Even the slang of the hero in Tamil movie was more or less similar to English movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back