• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ache Din has arrived Petrol crosses Rs.80/- litre

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

swathi25

6af82cede5431d5dba86cb5e4030c1ab--indian.jpg

a-TB

I am not very familiar with the indian political scene. Whatever little I know, it appears to me that the congress party has to get rid of Sonia and Rahul from their leadership. It is amazing that a country of 1.25 billion people cannot find a native Indian citizen born to Indian parents (as opposed to naturalized Indians). I cannot understand the elite that support these people.

Congress party has to remake itself, otherwise fooling others is the only business that they can engage in

BJP may have corrupt elements primarily at state and local levels. These people should be booted out of the BJP party ( I mean the corrupt ones).

Last edited:

Brahmanyan

It is not fair to evaluate the success or failure of the Government basing on one particular aspect. All Governments from the days of Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, targeted Tobacco, Liquor and Petroleum products to increase the duty and taxes to cover the fiscal deficit. But this Government went one step further by refusing to pass on the international price reduction to consumer. This I hope, they will rectify at the earliest to gain credibility.

Brahmanyan
Bangalore.

S

swathi25

[h=4]Of course, unlike few, most don’t wear blinkers
..[/h][h=4]Rise In Petrol Price: P. Chidambaram Should Not Mislead The Country[/h] By Dr. Bhamy V. Shenoy, Oil Industry Expert

chidambaram-petrol-price.jpg

Under UPA, when crude oil prices averaged $132 per barrel in July 2008 (it was during that month Brent reached a historic high of $147/b) petrol price was just Rs. 50.62 per litre. Today when oil price is around $80/b, petrol price has reached a high of Rs. 76.57 per litre in Delhi. On the surface it looks like Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been citizen unfriendly. No.

Natural for anyone to think that when international prices have fallen (by $52/b, 2008 versus 2018), petrol prices in India should also fall. But it has not. It is this simplistic, non-expert thinking which must have impelled or provoked the former Finance Minister P. Chidambaram to tweet that Modi can easily cut petrol price by Rs. 25. However, when we analyse the factors behind the petrol price movement, one will wonder how a responsible leader can mislead the country. It is shocking.

NDA was lucky that soon after it came to power oil prices fell. It wisely decided not to pass on all the benefits to consumers. It increased excise taxes on petrol in small doses from Rs. 9.48 per litre to current rate of Rs. 19.48 per litre and for diesel it was from Rs. 3.56 per litre to 15.33 per litre.

Read more at: https://starofmysore.com/rise-in-petrol-price-p-chidambaram-should-not-mislead-the-country/

a-TB

Of course, unlike few, most don’t wear blinkers

Rise In Petrol Price: P. Chidambaram Should Not Mislead The Country

By Dr. Bhamy V. Shenoy, Oil Industry Expert

chidambaram-petrol-price.jpg

Under UPA, when crude oil prices averaged $132 per barrel in July 2008 (it was during that month Brent reached a historic high of $147/b) petrol price was just Rs. 50.62 per litre. Today when oil price is around $80/b, petrol price has reached a high of Rs. 76.57 per litre in Delhi. On the surface it looks like Prime Minister Narendra Modi has been citizen unfriendly. No.

Natural for anyone to think that when international prices have fallen (by $52/b, 2008 versus 2018), petrol prices in India should also fall. But it has not. It is this simplistic, non-expert thinking which must have impelled or provoked the former Finance Minister P. Chidambaram to tweet that Modi can easily cut petrol price by Rs. 25. However, when we analyse the factors behind the petrol price movement, one will wonder how a responsible leader can mislead the country. It is shocking.

NDA was lucky that soon after it came to power oil prices fell. It wisely decided not to pass on all the benefits to consumers. It increased excise taxes on petrol in small doses from Rs. 9.48 per litre to current rate of Rs. 19.48 per litre and for diesel it was from Rs. 3.56 per litre to 15.33 per litre.

Read more at: https://starofmysore.com/rise-in-petrol-price-p-chidambaram-should-not-mislead-the-country/

It is hard to follow the logic in the midst of all the details.
Will it be useful to say in one or two sentences the counter to what Mr Brahmanyan has said? Is it that prior government actually was not for ordinary people and made money from additional excise taxes? Is it that the current government is using the taxes on Petrol to do many social programs which will get cut if the excise tax on petrol is reduced?

In USA also politics has been played about gas prices. The global rise and fall is not controllable by any one country. I think people should be subjected to the ups and downs of a global market of Petrol and cannot be shielded by artificial means by any one government. Let the tax rate on Petrol not go up - that is the only thing a government can do.

I am hearing that the gas prices are falling as we speak since Saudi Arabia is increasing production

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for visiting TamilBrahmins.com

You seem to have an Ad Blocker on.

We depend on advertising to keep our content free for you. Please consider whitelisting us in your ad blocker so that we can continue to provide the content you have come here to enjoy.

Alternatively, consider upgrading your account to enjoy an ad-free experience along with numerous other benefits. To upgrade your account, please visit the account upgrades page

You can also donate financially if you can. Please Click Here on how you can do that.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks