• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A Self Evaluation- Are we brahmins Upper Middle Class- No is the Answer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Many iyer and iyengar matrimony asks and self evaluations in regards to the family status caught my sight. Every salaried person or pensioner is calling themself Upper Middle Class.

I always think if brahmins can ever call themselves to be part of upper middle class or rich do they belong there ?

If we look at other communities, it is the people who have multiple streams of income , strong business and having multiple properties / assets classify themselves as rich or upper middle class.

I think the brahmin Iyers people who have made their living as an employed salaried class can never call them upper middle class. People who have a house, pension to support a normal living never belong to upper middle class. They must also not add the life style upgrade offered by the children to classify them in the new league. I really dont understand if people understand how the family status is defined.

Let us be honest, people who have been working in bank or some public and private enterprises as mgrs or some senior level executives cant call them upper middle class. If they stop getting their pensions or kids loosing their job, majority of them will downgrade the lifestyle.

The real upper middle class/rich in other communities travel in a premium economy class, stays in star hotels and pay the medical bill out of their own sources and have multiple sources of income

There are enough religions/castes/subcastes that unfortunately stamps ppl in hierarchical status in the society.

To add fuel to fire - we are creating labels that are derogative (to others) even within our sect - that too based on money.. smh..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back