• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

A Lesson left Behind!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Lesson left Behind!!!

A son took his old father to a restaurant for an evening dinner.

Father being very old and weak, while eating, dropped food on his shirt and trousers.
Others diners watched him in disgust while his son was calm.

After he finished eating, his son who was not at all embarrassed, quietly took him to the wash room, wiped the food particles, removed the stains, combed his hair and fitted his spectacles firmly.

When they came out, the entire restaurant was watching them in dead silence, not able to grasp how someone could embarrass themselves publicly like that.

The son settled the bill and started walking out with his father.

At that time, an old man amongst the diners called out to the son and asked him, "Don't you think you have left something behind?".

The son replied, "No sir, I haven't".

The old man retorted, "Yes, you have! You left a lesson for every son and hope for every father".

The restaurant went silent.

https://plus.google.com/108768789583592379715/posts/UQG6S6ua5NS

We should learn to accept ALL our dear ones AS THEY ARE! :cool:

I came across a nice blog and here it is:

6 ways to accept others as they are.

1. Watch your thoughts. Think about what you're thinking about. I often think things about other people, judging them, without

even realizing it. I'm going to work on paying more attention to my thoughts and do my best to push them in a non-judgmental,

more accepting direction.

2. Look for the positive. Not accepting others is a result of seeing the negative in them. Instead of focusing on why someone is

different, I'm going to focus on what's good about that person and his/her choices and actions. My way is not always the best

one.

3. Avoid right/wrong dichotomies. It's very tempting to see the world in black and white with a right and wrong way to do

things, but that's just not how it is. Things don't have to be right or wrong if I choose to accept them as they are. I'm going to

stop labeling my way as "right."

4. Stop judging yourself. Our judgments of others are often a result of our personal criticisms. If I stop putting pressure on

myself to do things the "right" way, I'll also stop putting pressure on others as well. Not judging myself or others is a crucial

step to acceptance.

5. Focus on the now. A lack of acceptance can generate from comparing things to the past. I'm not going to think about what

happened before and try to live accordingly; I'm going to think about now. Comparing things to the past always hinders an

acceptance of what is.

6. Reverse the situation. I ask myself: What if someone were judging me and not accepting me? How would I feel? I'll keep these

questions in mind the next time I'm not accepting others. I will imagine someone constantly telling me to slow down (and how

annoying that would be!).

Source: 6 Ways To Accept Others As They Are

We should learn to accept ALL our dear ones AS THEY ARE! :cool:

I came across a nice blog and here it is:

Source: 6 Ways To Accept Others As They Are

6 ways to accept others as they are.

1. Watch your thoughts. Think about what you're thinking about. I often think things about other people, judging them, without

even realizing it. I'm going to work on paying more attention to my thoughts and do my best to push them in a non-judgmental,

more accepting direction.

2. Look for the positive. Not accepting others is a result of seeing the negative in them. Instead of focusing on why someone is

different, I'm going to focus on what's good about that person and his/her choices and actions. My way is not always the best

one.

3. Avoid right/wrong dichotomies. It's very tempting to see the world in black and white with a right and wrong way to do

things, but that's just not how it is. Things don't have to be right or wrong if I choose to accept them as they are. I'm going to

stop labeling my way as "right."

4. Stop judging yourself. Our judgments of others are often a result of our personal criticisms. If I stop putting pressure on

myself to do things the "right" way, I'll also stop putting pressure on others as well. Not judging myself or others is a crucial

step to acceptance.

5. Focus on the now. A lack of acceptance can generate from comparing things to the past. I'm not going to think about what

happened before and try to live accordingly; I'm going to think about now. Comparing things to the past always hinders an

acceptance of what is.

6. Reverse the situation. I ask myself: What if someone were judging me and not accepting me? How would I feel? I'll keep these

questions in mind the next time I'm not accepting others. I will imagine someone constantly telling me to slow down (and how

annoying that would be!).

Just some lose thoughts on these 6 ways post. If it does not sound okay you have the freedom to treat it as a "loosu's" thoughts. Just laugh and get lost. Yes, get lost because it is after all a loosu.

1. Why follow Japanese and make an apple a cubic shaped fruit. apple as apple is beautiful. Just have love for people and then you go about being yourself, now judging, now revising your judgment, now getting confused, now getting clear vision of others etc., Being the natural self is the best and most beautiful thing in this world.

2. Positive and negative make me. positive in people have no value without the negative. So I would like the positives and negatives. Only I would love the positives more.

3. right and wrong. Be enchanted by the right and use controlled, directed anger to wrongs.

4. I would judge me and others because it is the thought process in me that acts that way. My thought pathways need not be interefered with. I would prefer to judge and be judged. I may take it or leave it is a different matter.

5. I can not forget my past. The past has given me my value system. Giving up past is giving up the ground on which I stand. These values are what make me up. I negotiate the traffic in the present with the vehicle of my values which have their origin in the past.

6. I accept every one.

Stop judging yourself. Our judgments of others are often a result of our personal criticisms. If I stop putting pressure on

step to acceptance.

Judging others is not wrong and also not possible as it is a natural trait of the mind .Only see to it that you do not become too judgemental concerning an individual or an opinion ,or an issue that it completely corrupts your intellect in making balanced decisions concerning the same . The same also applies when we judge ourselves . Of course this is not so easy as we have strong inherent bias and it takes lot of efffort to be free from them .

Last edited:
Happy to note that Vaagmi Sir accepts 'every one'! :thumb:

P.S: And...... he comments on the posts of a few 'ones'!! :D

Happy to note that Vaagmi Sir accepts 'every one'! :thumb:
P.S: And...... he comments on the posts of a few 'ones'!! :D

When you post a certain view and it is broadly my view too I just read it and move on.

When you post something and I do not understand it, I read it and move on.

When you post a certain view and I have a different view to present, I come here to post my view.

My comments:

1. When you post a certain view and it is broadly my view too I just read it and move on.
:yo:

2. When you post something and I do not understand it, I read it and move on.
:peace:

3. When you post a certain view and I have a different view to present, I come here to post my view.
:thumb:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back