• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

9 everyday behaviors that make you look dumber than you really are

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

You're probably a pretty intelligent person. But you could very well be acting in ways that make you look like a complete idiot.
To help you create the best impression possible among coworkers and clients, we rounded up nine common behaviors that outside observers may associate with low intelligence.
Chances are you've been guilty of at least one, without knowing that it could be hurting your reputation.

9_everyday_behaviors_that_make-a9aa17b192e44086884018ef19c4af3b

http://news.yahoo.com/9-everyday-behaviors-look-dumber-153500514.html?nf=1

LOL!

This is so much like me(except that I do not hold alcohol bottles)

Ok I have to admit I do avoid eye at times mostly on Mondays cos Monday morning blues makes it impossible to manage eye contact ..but as female I can get away with not maintaining eye contact cos that is supposed to be a sign of being demure!LOL

Heck I am not demure at all ..its just that some days I just don't feel like looking at anyone's face!

Cursing at work! Ha ha ha..done it many times but in language that no one else understands..this is when knowledge of Punjabi choicest words comes in handy....not many people out here understand Punju gaaliyans!

Speaking in monotone..yes..I do this on purpose when I want to end a conversation with someone.

Monotone makes the other person get the message "hey just shut up...I am not interested to have a verbal avalanche with you"

Walking speed...I find it very hard to synchronize my speed of walking with others..so I always walk the speed I want.

I love to walk fast to burn some calories but I walk slow when I am wearing high heels.

Frowning is my favorite expression when I want to scare people away.

Asking for advice...I usually do not ask advice from those who I know are not capable of giving it.

I prefer to discuss and if I need a real favour I say 'I would like your expert opinion"..especially if I am dealing with a male..give a male an ego boost and he wont only give advise but he would actually even finish your task for you!LOL

I have a feeling all these so called behaviors that make us seem less intelligent actually need a fairly good IQ to be able to execute these in style!

Prasad ji,

The techniques of impression management of intelligence are intended for the intelligent to look actually like an intelligent.

Whether these techniques would make any impact on those who certify themselves as intelligent (? ) and shows least regard for others ?

The study is based on a lot of stereotypes and may not apply globally.

If one can deliver results and is confident, and has an open mind, no amount of "perceived intelligence" or "appearing dumb" would be a hurdle. Moral : Let us not judge people.

There might be some stereotyping in the article.
We are judged everyday of our life by others. We get treated by others on perception alone.
Our friends may not use these perceptions to judge us. But we have casual meetings, business meetings, official meetings. You would be surprised how these simple behavior changes will impact the outcome of the meetings. So let us not kid that we should not judge others. In this day of terror lurking in every corner we need to make instant judgement of our surrounding, that includes people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back