• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

22-year-old collapses from gym treadmill, dies during workout

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically no one dies from a thread mill work out unless the person has some underlying medical conditions that went un-diagnosed.
So in this case..only post mortem results will show.

Some people have an un-diagnosed brain aneurysm which can cause sudden death even while resting.

BTW the thread mill is one of the most time tested effective work outs...its is actually not strenuous at all.

We just need to start off slowly for the 1st one week..choosing a moderate speed ..after 1 week our body will be wanting an extra challenge and we ourselves naturally will try a higher speed and start to jog and then run.

Interval trainings are the best..that is moderate paced with intermittent fast paced in rapid successions..total work out lasting 20 mins.

If one gets bored of Thread mill....one can run for 10 mins on Thread mill..then hop on a spinning bike and ride for 10 mins..then jump again on thread mill for another 10 mins..this adds variety to work out.

On days where we want to do weight training for lower body..go slow on cardio thread mill or bike..just work up a moderate paced for 20 mins as to get the heart rate up and then hit weights.
If we go high intensity cardio before a lower body weight training..the muscles of the legs would be tired and not really benefit from weight training of lower body.

On days when we want to do weights training for upper body..we can do high intensity cardio on thread mill or bike cos the upper body muscles do not get engaged as much in cardio.

One only feels physically exhausted after a work out if one is not adequately hydrated..keep sipping water through out the work out as to prevent dehydration.
When we feel thirsty our body is already 30% dehydrated...so keep sipping even though we might not feel thirsty yet.

Vertebral artery dissection due to minor... [J Emerg Med. 1994 Jan-Feb] - PubMed - NCBI

[h=4]VAD, Bi-Lateral, Spontaneous (after chiropractor visit), F33[/h]My daughter, Gabrielle, age 33 with a one month old daughter and four year old daughter went to her OB/GYN saying that her hips were hurting from after the birth of her baby, so her doctor referred her to a chiropractor. She wanted to go to a physical therapist, but he referred her to a chiropractor instead.
When she went to the chiropractor, she said she was scared to be there because she had never been before and she didn't want him touching her neck, but he arrogantly said, "I'm the professional" and cracked her neck anyway. Immediately, she had severe head pain and neck pain, but he told her that was normal.
When she got home, the pain became worse and she called the chiropractor's office complaining of the severe pain. They said that was normal and to put ice on it and it will be fine. She called after a few days and complained about the pain, but no one ever told her to get it checked. My daughter always researches everything, so she went online and typed in her symptoms and "Vertebral Artery Dissection" kept coming up that she worried that it could be that.
Her pain became so bad that her husband took her to the E.R. She mentions to the E.R. doctor what she thought it could be. He said he would give her a CT scan but a VAD would be so rare that he doubts it would be that. Most doctors don't listen to their patients, but THANK GOD this awesome E.R. doctor DID.... and immediately diagnosed her with vertebral artery dissections on both arteries. He started her on Hepron and took her to the ICU where she stayed for 2 weeks.
She was released on coumadin and bed rest for the next 3 to six months. Doctors say she is still at high risk for a stroke if the blood thinners don't stay stable and of course there's always that thin line of if her level is under 2.0, she could have a stroke or if it's over 3.0, she can bleed internally... so stressful!
Her head pain is still severe at different times every day, but rarely is under a 6 (rating 1 - 10). She can't pick up her infant or breastfeed now and the inability to be able to bond with her new baby is torturing her the most.
I'm so sorry you all are going through this horrible deal... I will pray for you all along with my daughter. It's such a sad deal that some arrogant chiropractor can strip a young mother from her newborn baby!

Vertebral Artery Dissection . com

when one reads the above stories of treadmill and hip pain treatment, why not keep away from all this if possible.
during yearly checkup ,somebody wanted me to try treadmill.I walked out saying no. my heart skips a beat regulalrly in every cycle. some doctor found out that after my worklife . one GP gave me the best advice. told me if I have lived my wholelife with it why bother now and told me to forget about it . Isuddenly recall when Iread the above posts. I never go near doctors for anything.touch wood I have never felt the need.

. I never go near doctors for anything.

Once there was a guy at the gym I go to who was trying to get to know me and was always trying to act flirtish with women in the gym.

After he got to know I was a doctor he become kind of rude and was saying he hates doctors etc.He was fine right till he knew my profession.

So I thought Ok lets see what this guy has to say..he started bad mouthing doctors non stop and he went on and on saying that how can anyone become a doctor blah blah blah and he said that he thanks God that he does not ever need to see a doctor...and he will not want to see one ever.

Then I said "Ok good..that means you are in good health but in case you drop dead I dont mind signing your death certificate.

After that whenever he saw me at the gym he would avoid me.

Take home message of the day :You somehow have to see a doctor!LOL

Last edited:
thanks for your wish . when I do visit a doctor , I shall duly tell you. anyway I know now where that final certificate has to come from. shall keep in mind. bye . going to a tamil movie now -kathirvelan kathal - a rare event

thanks for your wish . when I do visit a doctor , I shall duly tell you. anyway I know now where that final certificate has to come from. shall keep in mind. bye . going to a tamil movie now -kathirvelan kathal - a rare event

Krish ji,

Dont get me wrong..I was just relating an incident where one guy was saying he will never go to a doctor etc.

I am in no way wishing death for anyone.

May you live a long long life..as fit as a fiddle and looking hot and handsome and may all maamis keep chasing after you and all maamas turn green with envy.

Krish ji,

Dont get me wrong..I was just relating an incident where one guy was saying he will never go to a doctor etc.

I am in no way wishing death for anyone.

May you live a long long life..as fit as a fiddle and looking hot and handsome and may all maamis keep chasing after you and all maamas turn green with envy.
wish for long long life fine . thanks..mamas may play it cool and not look for their mamis chasing anyone instead of turning green with envy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back