• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

2012 Mayan Apocalypse Rumors Have Dark Side, NASA Warns

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

NASA scientists took time on Wednesday (Nov. 28) to soothe 2012 doomsday fears, warning against the dark side of Mayan apocalypse rumors — frightened children and suicidal teens who truly fear the world may come to an end Dec. 21.
These fears are based on misinterpretations of the Mayan calendar. On the 21st, the date of the winter solstice, a calendar cycle called the 13th b'ak'tun comes to an end. Although Maya scholars agree that the ancient Maya would not have seen this day as apocalyptic, rumors have spread that a cosmic event may end life on Earth on that day.
Thus NASA's involvement. The space agency maintains a 2012 information page debunking popular Mayan apocalypse rumors, such as the idea that a rogue planet will hit Earth on Dec. 21, killing everyone. (In fact, astronomers are quite good at detecting near-Earth objects, and any wandering planet scheduled to collide with Earth in three weeks would be the brightest object in the sky behind the sun and moon by now.)
"There is no true issue here," David Morrison, an astrobiologist at NASA Ames Research Center, said during a NASA Google+ Hangout event. "This is just a manufactured fantasy."

Other rumors — that the Earth's magnetic field will suddenly reverse or that the planet will travel almost 30,000 light-years and fall into the black hole at the center of the Milky Way galaxy — were also dismissed. (A light-year is the distance light travels in one year, or about 6 trillion miles, or 10 trillion km.)
Ultimately, concerns about Earth's fate would be better focused on slow-acting problems such as climate change rather than some sort of cosmic catastrophe, said Andrew Fraknoi, an astronomer at Foothill College in California.
Mitzi Adams, a heliophysicist at NASA's Marshall Space Flight Center, agreed.
"The greatest threat to Earth in 2012, at the end of this year and in the future, is just from the human race itself," Adams said.

2012 Mayan Apocalypse Rumors Have Dark Side, NASA Warns - Yahoo! News

Hello Prasad sir,Thank god,you have given the most timely news /spread rumour sort.Its true many school going /college students are very worried ,scared,they are confused:confused: ,feeling more tensed to plan ahead. my kids are really worring --AMMA WHAT CAN /HAVE WE DO AFTER DECEMBER SINCE WE ALL WILL GET OVER!!!:help:! :noidea:! .this is a topic they started when I planned for their coming exams, O M G,I sir do not know how to react to this all in a sudden ,as my younger will plan to dodge the time table that I give them ,but I can see her fear in her eyes ,then I just pat her and said not to worry,so the topic end with a small chocolates treat.Many of my paedo patients (12 years below) give this same expressions ,as I plan their treatment for 3rd week of december,OH !!DOCTOR!! how we can plan on that date..:fear:. .Thanks sir for your posting.

Last edited:
I for one would be happy if the doomsday comes true. End of scams, religious fanaticism, big-brotherism, undemocratic democracy, irresponsibilism, indifferenceism and all negativism.

<edited> Refrain from posting such messages. However and whatever the views of others might be, the responses should not be hurtful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Greetings.

I am a bit disappointed. But, still don't know.. it just takes a couple of prominent valcanoes go off at the ring of fire.

I have a question for the whole forum... yes, the whole forum!... This talk was going on for few years... If the world as we know cease to exist in December 2012, are you ready for it? ( Wow! usually Raghy doesnt hight light his messages!).. Have you sorted out all your problems? Have you made peace with everybody? Have you sought forgiveness from the people you offended?

Are you ready to die? I am ready to die. I read about Nibiru in 2008. I checked and counter checked... it is inevitable, we would go back in the ice age. The world as we see today will change, Nibiru or no Nibiru.

My point is, we should get ready for it. We should get ready to go without regret. I know, I am ready. Are you?

Is global warming the threat? Or the next Ice age? - YouTube

I sincerely believe we are heading to freezing temperatures.

Cheers!

Raghy Sir

Greetings

Truly speaking, "not yet ready" is the answer you will get from anyone if you ask 'are you ready to go' ?
I am planning to go to US from UK to US in March,(Changed the date) got the tickets for that date.
Where are you going Sir in January 2013? any plans?
Regards

Padmanabhan.J

Last edited:
Raghy Sir

Greetings

Truly speaking, "not yet ready" is the answer you will get from anyone if you ask 'are you ready to go' ?
I am planning to go to US from UK on 22 Feb 2013, got the tickets for that date.
Regards

Padmanabhan.J

We plan on future not knowing what is going to happen in the next minute.
We also know that things will happen, whether we like it or not on their own schedule.

Kabir Das says:

Dheere Dheere Re Mana, Dheere Sub Kutch Hoye
Mali Seenche So Ghara, Ritu Aaye Phal Hoye

Translation

Slowly slowly O mind, everything in own pace happens
Gardner may water a hundred buckets, fruit arrives only in its season

I am not an expert in the Mayan Calendar and on what logical basis this prediction about the end of the world was selected and publicized. But, I believe that all predictions like these, including those of our Puranas talking about Pralaya etc., should not be taken literally. This universe itself appears to us as we experience it, simply because the Life-giving power causes our senses, mind and intellect to form such a picture. In reality may be there is nothing at all or what is there is very different from what we experience as reality. Its end comes to each person at the time of death, imho.

Greetings.

I am a bit disappointed. But, still don't know.. it just takes a couple of prominent valcanoes go off at the ring of fire.

I have a question for the whole forum... yes, the whole forum!... This talk was going on for few years... If the world as we know cease to exist in December 2012, are you ready for it? ( Wow! usually Raghy doesnt hight light his messages!).. Have you sorted out all your problems? Have you made peace with everybody? Have you sought forgiveness from the people you offended?

Are you ready to die? I am ready to die. I read about Nibiru in 2008. I checked and counter checked... it is inevitable, we would go back in the ice age. The world as we see today will change, Nibiru or no Nibiru.

My point is, we should get ready for it. We should get ready to go without regret. I know, I am ready. Are you?

Is global warming the threat? Or the next Ice age? - YouTube

I sincerely believe we are heading to freezing temperatures.

Cheers!

I have a bit of 'cranky' doubt...

If every soul in this world attain 'Motcha' or 'Naraga' at the same time..the same day..as end of this world ..will there not be severe crunch to accomadate .. Poor Gods..I realy feel sorry for them..!!

TVK

Raghy Sir

Greetings

I am planning to go to US from UK to US in March,(Changed the date) got the tickets for that date.
Regards

Padmanabhan.J

Sri. Padmanabhan, greetings.

That may not be the right answer. Yes, we plan for the near future and distant future. I am planning to go to India.. Bangalore, Thiru Ananthapuram, Chennai and few other places in February 2013. But that is beside the point.

We just don't know when we leave. Nibiru or no Nibiru, Mayan Calender or not.. in any case, we don't really know when our machine would just stop ( our machine is our body). I think, we should be prepared at all times to go.

Due to our ego and arrogance we always think we are here on this earth to fulfill some purpose. Most of the times we say either we are searching for the purpose or fulfilling such a purpose. In reality, we don't know anything. Truth is, often times we just go... although we know all the times we have to go, most of us least prepared either to go or to see someone else go!

Cheers!

Due to our ego and arrogance we always think we are here on this earth to fulfill some purpose. Most of the times we say either we are searching for the purpose or fulfilling such a purpose. In reality, we don't know anything. Truth is, often times we just go... although we know all the times we have to go, most of us least prepared either to go or to see someone else go!
Cheers!

Dear Sri Raghy,

Agreed, If some event is destined to happen, it will happen, whether one is ready to face it or not.
There is no use of worrying about it.

Let me quote a few sane voices about fear hereunder:

Day after day countless creatures are going to the abode of Yama, yet those that remain behind believe themselves to be immortal. What can be more wonderful than this?
- Yuthishtira in Yaksha Pashna.

Just allow life to take you wheresoever it leads you and don’t be afraid. Fear is the only thing one should be afraid of, nothing else. Move! Be courageous and daring. - Osho

A mind that has any form of fear cannot obviously have the quality of love, sympathy, tenderness. Fear is the destructive energy in man. It withers the mind, it distorts thought, it leads to all kinds of extraordinarily clever and subtle theories, absurd superstitions, dogmas, and beliefs. - Jiddu Krishnamurti.

Regards,
Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

The primary aim of Hindu death rituals is to destroy all the impressions that are left of a dead person in natural world and to release the soul.

This type of mass extinction means ‘unnatural death’ and people who had met with an unnatural death or whose ‘pinda shareera’ was not destroyed through the usual Hindu dead rituals as no one will be doing the final rites.
Such ‘pinda shareera’ will only get destroyed after a longtime and the natural destruction will depend on the aspirations and desires of the ‘pinda shareera.’

And such people are believed to roam the graveyards and there are references in the Puranas of Lord Shiva having an army of pretas or ghosts.

So if anything really happens on 21 December 2012, many of us will be roaming graveyards for a long time!!!

Ghosts in Hindu Religion – the Preta Concept in Hinduism ~ Hindu Blog

The primary aim of Hindu death rituals is to destroy all the impressions that are left of a dead person in natural world and to release the soul.

This type of mass extinction means ‘unnatural death’ and people who had met with an unnatural death or whose ‘pinda shareera’ was not destroyed through the usual Hindu dead rituals as no one will be doing the final rites.
Such ‘pinda shareera’ will only get destroyed after a longtime and the natural destruction will depend on the aspirations and desires of the ‘pinda shareera.’

And such people are believed to roam the graveyards and there are references in the Puranas of Lord Shiva having an army of pretas or ghosts.

So if anything really happens on 21 December 2012, many of us will be roaming graveyards for a long time!!!

Shri PJ

We will await Aragorn summons I suppose LOL.. ( I hope you watched Lord of the rings)

Lord of the Rings - Aragorn Summons Army of the Dead with Andúril - YouTube

Kind Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

When this world itself ends as predicted ..Where are these graveyards...?...

TVK

kk4646 Sir

The whole earth becomes a grave yard then, and till another yama and Yami are created or till Adam and Eve are created by God, we are to roam the earth without any water, or food with pinda shareeram or soul!!! That might take a few yugas then..

Last edited:
Hi All

Sure, I'll be seeing you all [ atleast interacting with you all on the TB Forum ] on and after
23/12/2012.

So much for this DUBAKOOR !

Till then

Yay Yem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back