• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

17-year-old 'unschooled' Malvika Joshi makes it to MIT

Status
Not open for further replies.
V

V.Balasubramani

Congratulations.... Malvika...
[h=1]When schools are becoming commercial Institutes to mint money…., studying at homes proves better…… needs to be encouraged[/h][h=1]17-year-old 'unschooled' Malvika Joshi makes it to MIT[/h]
Seventeen-year-old Malvika Raj Joshi doesn't have a class X or XII certificate but has made it to Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), thanks to her computerprogramming talent.

Her's is a story about a mother's conviction to break stereotypes and the self belief of her teenage daughter, who showed why merit has more weightage than marks.

The Mumbai teenager has been provided scholarship by the MIT as she is pursuing her Bachelor of Science degree after getting a seat for being a three-time medal winner (two silver and a bronze) at International Olympiad of Informatics or commonly known as ProgrammingOlympiad.

MIT has a provision for accepting students who are medal winners at various Olympiads (Maths, Physics or Computer) and it was Malvika's medals that ensured that she can fulfil her aspirations of pursuing research work in her favourite subject of Computer Science.

Malvika recalls those early days during an emailed interaction from Boston.

"When I started unschooling, that was 4 years back, I explored many different subjects.Programming was one of them. I found programming interesting and I used to give more time to it than to other subjects, so, I started liking it at that time," she says.

Malvika found it difficult to get admission in elite Indian institutes like IIT, which has strict rules as one needs to pass class XII exams.

Read more at: http://www.business-standard.com/ar...ika-joshi-makes-it-to-mit-116083000176_1.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back