• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

13 Life Lessons You Realise As You Get Older

Status
Not open for further replies.
13 Life Lessons You Realise As You Get Older

September 23, 2015

It often takes a while to learn lessons that reflect the truth of life. If you're lucky, you learn them young. But sometimes it can take a gamut of experiences to finally realise your mistakes.

1. We take everything for granted when it's served on a silver platter.

Everything that is a part of your daily routine, like your possessions, your family, your friends, and the food you eat, is often taken for granted, because you never had to scrimp and scrounge to get them. But what if these were taken away from you and you had to fend for yourself? That's when you realise how precious they really are to you.Be grateful for what you have and what people do for you.

2. It's never too late to learn.

Knowledge is not limited to the days of school and college; it is an everyday affair. Whether it is as trivial as learning how to boil an egg or something that enhances the productivity of your work, it will add value because learning is a never-ending process. Where there is a will, there is a way. And age is not a factor to consider when you decide to open up your mind to new things. Sometimes, a knowledge of new skills is the only way ahead in this rapidly developing world.

3. Fear is your enemy.

It has stopped you from doing things you have always wanted to. It has filled your mind with prejudice, insecurity and jealousy. It has made you feel inferior to other people. Fear is something that our own mind makes up and it takes a great deal of courage to stand up to it.

4. Patience is a virtue.

Keeping calm and being patient helps in the long run. It makes us try harder, again and again, in times when we fail. Being impatient and giving up on what we set out for only stresses us out. Keep calm and carry on.

5. Health is wealth.

Your body is your responsibility. Treat it well, with a nutritious diet and lots of exercise and it will reward you with good health. Abuse it, and it will take you towards pain, illness and eventual death.In the end, it is your choice.

6. Know your true friends.

Friends are the people who are there with you through thick and thin. Not people who appear only when they need something. Value your relationships with your true friends and never lose touch. Taking them for granted will only make you regret it in the future.

6%20gratis_1442911624_725x725.jpg

7. Make the most out of today

As Master Ooogway said in the movie Kung Fu Panda:"Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is gift, that is why it is called the present."Focus on what you have right now and what you can achieve with it. Do not wait for the future, or dwell on the past. Time waits for no one and it certainly does not decide when you should do something.

8. You are responsible for your failures.

A bad carpenter blames his tools. In a similar vein, blaming others for your failure is only a sign that you are trying to excuse yourself and escape from your own fate. Accept your downfalls with dignity and try again till you succeed.

9. Live the life you want.

Not the life that others expect of you. Because in the end, it is you who will be at a loss of not getting what you want from it. Follow your dreams, and pursue your interests. Expectations are only made in the narrow minds of mankind and success is knowing that you are happy.

10. Happiness comes from within.

We can spend a lifetime running after happiness, but the truth is it's not a destination. It is a journey. You can be happy and it does not solely depend on another person or material gains. An easy way to be happy is going out of your way to help people who are not as fortunate as you are, and doing something for the individuals you love.

11. Set goals.

Whether it is financially, emotionally or aspirationally, make a list of what you want to achieve in the future, what you want to see yourself doing, and where you want to go. Make a mind map of all the things you want to achieve by the time you reach a certain age.

12. Right and wrong, good and evil, are subjective.

What is defined as right and wrong in our childhood may not always hold true as we get older. Questions of morality and compassion often come in to question, thereby altering our ideas of which side of the table they lie. Sometimes, there is no right or wrong. We are only left to our own devices to figure out why it all matters.

13. Fitting in is not necessary

We are all different and sometimes we tend to stand out as black sheep. As kids, we try hard to fit in, but if we are still not accepted, it is simply futile. If our differences really stand out, perhaps it is what defines us, and what makes us special.

Inputs from: Quora

http://www.indiatimes.com/lifestyle/self/13-life-lessons-you-realise-as-you-get-older-245438.html

Thanks to PJ Sir for sharing the "13 Life Lessons You Realise As You Get Older "
and also to Raji Madam for sharing the" 12 Exercises to strengthen your leg" link .

Dear Krishna,

It is rather scary to see that many of the ladies who have crossed 45 start feeling knee pain and strain in walking, more so if they are obese!

I tried these exercises and they are very effective. Felt a change within five days. :)

But, I don't have a time slot to do these because it never works out for my way of living! So, I do these whenever possible.

1. While I write in forum.

2. When I wait for some food item to cook.

3. Just before bath and so on.

The best part is that there is no need have an empty stomach to do these. :cool:

Lesson no 14...you read all about lesson 1 to 13 yet never put anything into practice.

It is wise not to give life lessons to senior citizens

There are only few youngsters here who are in need of lessons.

Since I am an admirer Of PJ sir,I shall read his lessons and not comment on them

It is wise not to give life lessons to senior citizens

There are only few youngsters here who are in need of lessons.

Since I am an admirer Of PJ sir,I shall read his lessons and not comment on them
Incomplete!

This is left out: 'And NOT follow any of them'!! :whistle:

Incomplete!

This is left out: 'And NOT follow any of them'!! :whistle:
I will store it in my memory for advising youngsters.

These are good for telling youngsters when they act unruly and not listen to us.

Every post of PJ sir is useful for application on others.but not for following oneself

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back