• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

10 Indians among Forbes' 'tomorrow's brightest stars'

Status
Not open for further replies.

prasad1

Among the Indians on the list of people from 12 diverse fields, including energy, finance, media, law, entertainment, science, design and technology, who are 'reinventing the world' is Kunal Shah, at 29, the youngest managing director at Goldman Sachs.
Also on the list is Param Jaggi, 17, an 'award-winning high schooler' at Austin College, who created an algae-filled device that fits over a car's tailpipe and turns carbon dioxide into oxygen.
Vivek Nair, 23, chief executive of Damascus Fortune, is developing a technology that transforms industrial carbon emissions into carbon nanotubes.
Vikas Mohindra, 25, financial advisor at the Bank of America Merrill Lynch gathered $38 million in three years from scratch, while Manvir Nijhar, 28, co-head of European Equity Derivatives Sales at Citigroup, gave 'Citi's derivatives business a jolt.'
Raj Krishnan, 29, chief executive of Biological Dynamics is developing blood tests that use electric fields to detect key signals that a patient has cancer from the blood.
Sidhant Gupta, 27, a graduate student at the University of Washington, is developing new sensors and software for the home that conserve electricity, heat and gas.
Nikhil Arora, 24, co-found a business that sells 'grow-your-own-mushroom' kits using one million pounds of recycled coffee grounds and Maneet Ahuja, 27, a producer at CNBC and a hedge fund expert has been on Wall Street since she was 17.

10 Indians among Forbes' 'tomorrow's brightest stars' - Yahoo!

hello to one &all.its really making us to feel very proud being an indian .hats off to their hard work &talent .(but ,i feel its only in abroad the talents been accepted &rewarded ,probably here lots of politics in all means & all ground .&i hope i dnt hurt anyone )i wish indians should reach the heights in all fields.cheers.

hello to one &all.its really making us to feel very proud being an indian .hats off to their hard work &talent .(but ,i feel its only in abroad the talents been accepted &rewarded ,probably here lots of politics in all means & all ground .&i hope i dnt hurt anyone )i wish indians should reach the heights in all fields.cheers.

Dear Dr. CN:

I am an Indian (from Ramanathapuram district) who emigrated to US in 1979, and my kids are doing fine here.

The list of "Just 10 Indians" is good and encouraging... but this is out of about 3 million Indians who are here for a long time!

The record is not impressive at all, to me. Even if majority of this 3 million Indians do well here, what will this do to India, anyway?

For, India has 1200 million people. Even after 64 years of self rule, vast number of Indians are not educated beyond high school:

About 1110 million Indians have no high school education. Bulk of the economic activities lies with just about 10 million people who have a college education, who own and operate a car in India.

What good is it?

A very sad situation, in deed.

What say you?

:)

ps. Google "Education in India", go to Wiki write up and read Ref 5, a BBC Report on India for more information. Cheers.

Last edited:
"Here we go again":violin:
Lament, and lament again.
Why can we not celebrate the success even for a moment, before this doom and gloom. I think being in perpetual funk is common in this forum. I do not know if that trait is common to all Tamil, or is it special for this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back