• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

‘Women have no place in labs as they cry’ says Nobel prize-winning scientist Sir Tim

Status
Not open for further replies.
‘Women have no place in labs as they cry’ says Nobel prize-winning scientist Sir Tim

Jun 10, 2015

Labs-583472.jpg

Sir Tim Hunt admitted he has previously been branded a "chauvinist pig" as he told a conference full of top female scientists women colleagues should work in female-only environments.

The 72-year-old told the World Conference of Science Journalists in South Korea: "Let me tell you about my trouble with girls.

"Three things happen when they are in the lab: you fall in love with them, they fall in love with you, and when you criticise them they cry."

After a massive backlash online, the 2001 medicine Nobel Prize winner apologised today as he insisted the remarks were "light-hearted and ironic".

But he said he "did mean the part about having trouble with girls" and just wanted to be "honest".

The Royal Society, of which Sir Tim is a fellow, tweeted: "Tim Hunt's comments don't reflect our views."
The top scientist, who is ironically married to scientist Mary Collins, explained: "I did mean the part about having trouble with girls.

"I have fallen in love with people in the lab and people in the lab have fallen in love with me and it's very disruptive to the science because it's terribly important that in a lab people are on a level playing field.

"I found that these emotional entanglements made life very difficult. I'm really, really sorry I caused any offence, that's awful. I certainly didn't mean that. I just meant to be honest, actually."

Nobel prize-winning scientist Sir Tim Hunt says women have no place in labs as they cry | UK | News | Daily Express

Generalizing is done only by stupid people. Men or Women, each one is different. Successful as scientist - he can provide views on what he is expert at rather than anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back