• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

‘BCCI must look after DDCA affairs,’ recommends Justice Mudgal

Status
Not open for further replies.
The truth about DDCA is out! What will our Finance Minister say now?

‘BCCI must look after DDCA affairs,’ recommends Justice Mudgal

Justice Mudgal slams state cricket administration, wants board to appoint ad-hoc panel to run the show.

By: Express News Service | New Delhi | Updated: July 12, 2016 10:59 am

Justice(retired) Mukul Mudgal has asked the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) to consider appointing an ad-hoc committee to manage the affairs of the Delhi and District Cricket Association (DDCA). In his report on the supervision of World T20 and IPL matches at the Feroz Shah Kotla, which was submitted to the Delhi High Court on Monday, Justice Mudgal has come down heavily on the state association and termed BCCI vice-president CK Khanna, who holds a similar position at the DDCA, a ‘pernicious influence’ affecting the administration.
Clear cases of conflict of interest with regard to the vice-president of the DDCA has been cited in the report and Khanna has also been named as the man responsible for ‘diverting kits’ meant for officials and ground staff during the World T20.
The overall administration of the DDCA has also come under the scanner. So dire is the mismanagement that the report has called for the removal of the proxy system when it comes to voting, appointment of a CEO besides restructuring of the sports working committee which currently does not comprise a cricketer or a senior coach.

The report has also called for a ban on alcohol on match days as some DDCA officials had had a drink too many during the World T20 and IPL.
Moreover, the ills continue to plague the DDCA as accounting malpractices, an improper tendering process, lack of records of cricketers who represent the state, conflict of interest of administrators running the sport, clamouring on the part of officials for complimentary passes have been highlighted in the report.
However, the most indicting observation concerns Khanna, the DDCA vice-president of many years. The report states that Khanna has influence over the the state association because of a large number of proxy votes and his ‘paramount interest is peddling of complimentaries to gain favours and satisfy his proxy interest’.
Khanna, according to the Mudgal report, does not have the slightest interest in promotion of cricket and moreover he evades responsibility and takes credit for the work done by other people. “He craves for every photo opportunity and has not the slightest interest in promotion of cricket in Delhi and his sole occupation is the traction obtained by complimentaries and various authorities,” the report states.
The report has also stated that there is a clear case of conflict of interest with regard to Khanna whose relatives occupy various posts.
“He has planted his relatives in various positions in DDCA, for example a) Mr Anil Khanna general secretary (first cousin), b) Ravi Khanna patron (brother), c) Vivek Gupta joint secretary (wife’s first cousin),” the report states.
The curious case of the disappearance of kits during the World T20 is also mentioned in the report, with the blame being attached to Khanna. “There were several complaints made against Mr CK Khanna in relation to the complimentary kit received from the BCCI which were to be distributed among ground staff and other functionaries of the DDCA. All kits received by him were not distributed for reasons best known to him and some recipients were given only part of the kits and the rest diverted by him,” the report states.
According to Khanna the adverse comments in the report is a result of misinformation fed to Justice Mudgal by ‘other officials’. “I have worked for the DDCA with sincerity and dedication. I think other officials have given misinformation about me to Justice Mudgal,” Khanna said.
With regard to the conflict of interest issue, the DDCA vice-president said he had no role in officials being appointed. “During the last election (December 2013) I was hospitalised so I could not influence anyone. There are other officials who have conflict of interest issues. I have great regard for Justice Mudgal but I don’t know why only a few officials are being singled out,” Khanna said.
Another official of the DDCA, Subash Sharma, who was part of the tender committee and finance committee, has also been criticised for trying to influence the tender process by ‘promoting certain vendors and ensuring that a particular vendor is granted the catering contract’, the report states.
Mudgal also makes it clear he was not given ‘parking tickets’ for IPL matches at the Feroz Shah Kotla. The reason, according to the report is that Sharma, who was the member of the security committee, informed him that all ‘parking tickets’ were issued to member of the executive committee.
“Hence no pass was left for the person who was appointed as an observer by this honourable court. Consequently, I visited the stadium for only two matches on my own and supervised the arrangements from my office,” Mudgal states.
Office bearers, including the executive committee members have come under flak for trying to garner as many complimentary passes and accreditation cards as possible which entitle the holder to watch the match for free and allowed freeholders enjoy hospitality at the expense of the DDCA.
Commenting on the work culture in the DDCA, Mudgal in his report observed: “Some senior members of the DDCA seem only interested in attaining the maximum quota of complimentary tickets for every match and getting accreditation cards issued for a select few individuals. The match is conducted with only a handful of hardworking and sincere office bearers and a few dedicated employees.”

http://indianexpress.com/article/sp...ket-administration-ddca-bcci-cricket-2908300/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back