• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

தர்ம சங்கடம்

Status
Not open for further replies.

Janaki Jambunathan

Funny situation This story told by my friend staunch Iyengar who just returned from Mathura from a tour organised by வேளுகுடி Every day lost articles restored to the owner after announcement in public addres system But there was no takers for this particular hand bag inspite of repetaed announcement daily - it contained திருமாங்கல்யம்! - owner of this bag was hesitant to come out in open or to meet him in privacy to claim her திருமாங்கல்யம்

My close friend also went in the same tour. She told about a few other episodes. But not this one.

Shall ask her today, if she knows about it! :)

Sin of lying!

minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17."
The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Every hand went up. The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying

Funny situation This story told by my friend staunch Iyengar who just returned from Mathura from a tour organised by வேளுகுடி Every day lost articles restored to the owner after announcement in public addres system But there was no takers for this particular hand bag inspite of repetaed announcement daily - it contained திருமாங்கல்யம்! - owner of this bag was hesitant to come out in open or to meet him in privacy to claim her திருமாங்கல்யம்

It would have been a dharmasankatam for the tour organisers also... to know that the tour group contains the type of people who listen to their discourses on traditions and culture, their importance, and how to preserve them, and yet are least bothered about thirumangalyam.

If it is in a hand bag, does it not contain other items but only has this?

If it is in a hand bag, does it not contain other items but only has this?

As you correctly surmised, these stories are planted with deliberate intention to malign a particular community. I even do not understand the logic behind restoring the so-called "lost" items to its owners by announcement through Public Announcement System.

Because it happened to be a Tirumangalyam and the group was a pilgrims group, members here allowed their imaginations to run riot. It could be the Tirumangalyam of anyone and not necessarily that of a pilgrim. Even if it belonged to a pilgrim, it might have been brought along with one worn by the pilgrim. The possibilities are many.

It would have been a dharmasankatam for the tour organisers also... to know that the tour group contains the type of people who listen to their discourses on traditions and culture.

As you correctly surmised, these stories are planted with deliberate intention to malign a particular community.

Because it happened to be a Tirumangalyam and the group was a pilgrims group, members here allowed their imaginations to run riot y

1) It is true தர்மசங்கடம் for the organiser as well!

2) திருமாங்கல்யம் is not exclusive to the particular community every community is culturally and emotionally attached to it - This is paranoia - like the Sabha Culture present in Canatic Music exposed by TMK

3) Agreed Some feel it is implanted another asks why talk of திருமாங்கல்யம் and not about other articles in hand bag?

This post is about a situation of சங்கடம் that happens when தர்மம் is preached in sermons / உபன்யாசம் by followers of Good Shepherd or Cowherd! and not to maling any particular community!

1) It is true தர்மசங்கடம் for the organiser as well!

2) திருமாங்கல்யம் is not exclusive to the particular community every community is culturally and emotionally attached to it - This is paranoia - like the Sabha Culture present in Canatic Music exposed by TMK

3) Agreed Some feel it is implanted another asks why talk of திருமாங்கல்யம் and not about other articles in hand bag?

This post is about a situation of சங்கடம் that happens when தர்மம் is preached in sermons / உபன்யாசம் by followers of Good Shepherd or Cowherd! and not to maling any particular community!

My point still stands. Is this merely a story or has something more substantive to back it up? Your OP states :

Funny situation This story told by my friend staunch Iyengar who just returned from Mathura from a tour organised by வேளுகுடி

If it is just a fable to highlight the issue of "Dharmam", it can easily be told without bringing in Velungudi or Iyengar (staunch or otherwise) community.

Why are we so eager to believe "stories" which could be just stuffs made up without there being much truth in them?

Why are we so eager to believe "stories" which could be just stuffs made up without there being much truth in them?

Because people have an agenda and anything goes as long as it can help push the agenda forward. One has to be either new here or naive to not see a trend.

Take for example the ban on topic "vadakalai vs then kalai" in this forum. Any new member coming here would probably think the ban came into force because there were constant tiffs between the vadakalais and thenkalais while in truth the ban came into force because of constant reference to the tiffs, some real and some imaginary, by people who are neither vadakalai nor thenkalai.

Such things go on until someone like yourself exposes the agenda with precision as it happened in this thread.

Why this hue ad cry around Thirumangalyam not being worn by someonem

One need not read meanings into such posts

This over sensitivity towards such posts is making me believe that some marginalised people are looking for posts which appear to show them in bad light. There are better issues to deliberate on .

Why people see hidden agenda (உள்நாேக்கம்) in this and another congratulates him for exposing that! These are ஐய்யங்காரணத்தின் வெளிப்பாடே! This an interesting anactode told to me by one who was in that Yates - சந்தே கம் தீராதவியாதி - no known treatment

Why people see hidden agenda (உள்நாேக்கம்) in this and another congratulates him for exposing that! These are ஐய்யங்காரணத்தின் வெளிப்பாடே! This an interesting anactode told to me by one who was in that Yates - சந்தே கம் தீராதவியாதி - no known treatment

Whether it is iyengarism or iyerism, some people are allergic to both. Then why spend half their time in a brahmin forum? The answer to this question has eluded me all these years!

கால பைரவன்;370154 said:
Whether it is iyengarism or iyerism, some people are allergic to both. Then why spend half their time in a brahmin forum? The answer to this question has eluded me all these years!

ஐயங்காரணம் The explicit meaning - because of doubt - - It has nothing to do with Iyengarism well people get into this.habbit - interpreting words and expression according to their imagination explaining as implicit meaning! This is what happens when people listen to உபன்யாசம் on daily basis where everything is about the implicit meaning of scriptures!

ஐயங்காரணம் The explicit meaning - because of doubt - - It has nothing to do with Iyengarism well people get into this.habbit - interpreting words and expression according to their imagination explaining as implicit meaning! This is what happens when people listen to உபன்யாசம் on daily basis where everything is about the implicit meaning of scriptures!

JJ ji, reg that post, I was wrong to extrapolate. Agreed. Still can't help but agree with Zebra's observations on this issue ...

கால பைரவன்;370160 said:
JJ ji, reg that post, I was wrong to extrapolate. Agreed. Still can't help but agree with Zebra's observations on this issue ...

It is your right to opinions I respect it But should not be judgemental!

கால பைரவன்;370165 said:
Despite my faux pas, your response (upanyasam, implicit meaning etc ) was classy. I concede defeat to your wit!

I must compliment you for skills of interpretation ஐயங்காரணம் as ஐயங்கார் இனம் I like that ! Keep it up!

Sin of lying!

minister told his congregation, "Next week I plan to preach about the sin of lying. To help you understand my sermon, I want you all to read Mark 17."
The following Sunday, as he prepared to deliver his sermon, the minister asked for a show of hands. He wanted to know how many had read Mark 17. Every hand went up. The minister smiled and said, "Mark has only sixteen chapters. I will now proceed with my sermon on the sin of lying
Well This sermon did have an impact adding more தர்மசங்கடம் !

After hearing a sermon on Psalm 52:3-4 (lies and deceit), a man wrote the IRS, “I can’t sleep knowing that I have cheated on my income tax. Enclosed is a check for $150. If 
I still can’t sleep, I’ll send the rest.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back