• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

வெறும் வாய்க்கு போட்டுமெல்ல.

Status
Not open for further replies.
வெறும் வாய்க்கு போட்டுமெல்ல.

A report (BT/TOI): “ 86-year-old Father Gabriele Amorth who has been Vatican’s Chief exorcist , is reported to have said that Yoga is evil and compared it to satanic worship. Yoga leads to worship of Hinduism and “all eastern religions are based on a false belief in reincarnation”. Resurrection is not reincarnation. But how resurrection is possible either? Let us ignore “Sati Savitri”s story. How then the Missionaries are crying out every now and then that “Jesus is coming”.
Yoga practitioners have decried this. We have Hindu baiters who would come forward to explain the evil part of yoga exercises.

பயித்தியக்கார ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் இருக்கும் பயித்தியக்கார டாக்டருக்கு பயித்தியம் பிடித்தால் அந்த பயித்தியம் பிடித்த டாக்டருக்கு வைத்தியம் பார்க்க எந்த பயித்தியக்கார டாக்டரிடம் வைத்தியம் பார்க்கலாம்.

A report (BT/TOI): “ 86-year-old Father Gabriele Amorth who has been Vatican’s Chief exorcist , is reported to have said that Yoga is evil and compared it to satanic worship. Yoga leads to worship of Hinduism and “all eastern religions are based on a false belief in reincarnation”. Resurrection is not reincarnation. But how resurrection is possible either? Let us ignore “Sati Savitri”s story. How then the Missionaries are crying out every now and then that “Jesus is coming”.
Yoga practitioners have decried this. We have Hindu baiters who would come forward to explain the evil part of yoga exercises.

பயித்தியக்கார ஆஸ்பத்திரியில் இருக்கும் பயித்தியக்கார டாக்டருக்கு பயித்தியம் பிடித்தால் அந்த பயித்தியம் பிடித்த டாக்டருக்கு வைத்தியம் பார்க்க எந்த பயித்தியக்கார டாக்டரிடம் வைத்தியம் பார்க்கலாம்.

Shri iyya,

you have stated that " We have Hindu baiters who would come forward to explain the evil part of yoga exercises." I am no hindu-baiter, nor an expert in yoga. But one point I have noticed is that most western "acaaryas" as also most indian gurujis/acaaryas/godmen/godwomen who thrive in the western hemisphere, depend heavily on yoga as their staple item, which is usually embellished with some upanishad, bhagavadgeeta or some other scripture to make it appear fully esoteric and appealing to their foreign clientele. In this context, perhaps, viewing from Vatican, it is a salutary step to free their lambs from the clutches of this evil yoga practice, n'est pas?

fyi, one of the earliest 'hindubaiters' or பயித்தியக்கார டாக்டர் was known as Sankara of Kalady, yes the Acharya himself! He has unambiguously stated in his Brahmasutra bhashya II,1-2-3 एतेन योगः प्रयुक्तः (Because of this, i.e., because samkhya smriti has been denied - as a proper means to attain liberation - yoga too should be considered as denied.)

Shri iyya,

you have stated that " We have Hindu baiters who would come forward to explain the evil part of yoga exercises." I am no hindu-baiter, nor an expert in yoga. But one point I have noticed is that most western "acaaryas" as also most indian gurujis/acaaryas/godmen/godwomen who thrive in the western hemisphere, depend heavily on yoga as their staple item, which is usually embellished with some upanishad, bhagavadgeeta or some other scripture to make it appear fully esoteric and appealing to their foreign clientele. In this context, perhaps, viewing from Vatican, it is a salutary step to free their lambs from the clutches of this evil yoga practice, n'est pas?

fyi, one of the earliest 'hindubaiters' or பயித்தியக்கார டாக்டர் was known as Sankara of Kalady, yes the Acharya himself! He has unambiguously stated in his Brahmasutra bhashya II,1-2-3 एतेन योगः प्रयुक्तः (Because of this, i.e., because samkhya smriti has been denied - as a proper means to attain liberation - yoga too should be considered as denied.)

When our people teach yoga to the West, naturally they are obliged to quote the source or the relative references which is an acceptable custom there too. Whether the embellishments are to adorn the practice or the introduction of the practice, could we call it wrong? If the Teachers add something more relevant or if they want to improve on their presentations, I would not term it as inducement to Hinduism. And in the end it is yoga only they teach and would end their business there.

On the contrary, the missionaries would not end with giving succor to the tribal in the remotest hilly forest areas. For them the business starts from there. Of course, I am not making comparisons. The remotest tribal may not be knowing the vast world outside and that position should not be taken advantage of. As against that the yoga is taught to people who know themselves and the world outside, too. BTATM (Be that as it may), do you agree that yoga can be described as satanic? Or Hinduism for that matter? Like Quran and Bible, Vedas, Upanishads and Geetas are for everybody. You glean the knowledge, and enrich your spiritual and religious and philosophical thinking. The idea of conversion into Hinduism is a new fad or reaction to and of hurt feelings. The traffic from here to others is enormous like exodus. The actual statistics could not be contrary. If that is so, we will still not call them Satanic. We say sarvo Dharma samah bhava and sarva deva namaskarah Keshavam pratigachchathi. This is not a plaint, but a defense to it.

I am afraid you have handled the word “payiththium”wrongly though the enlightened people were treated as such in their days. What surprised me was you traveled to those days.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back