• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

சந்திரமங்கள யோகம்

Status
Not open for further replies.
சந்திரமங்கள யோகம்

சந்திரனும் செவ்வாயும் சேர்ந்திருந்தால் அதுசந்திர மங்கள யோகம்எனப்படும்

இதன் பலன்:
நில சொத்து சேர்க்கை,பேரும் புகழும் அடைதல்.ஆயினும் இக் க்ரஹங்கள் வலுவாக இல்லையெனில் மனக்கோளாறு ஏற்படும்.

What happens if one of the planet is debilitated ?

And also, it is likely that one may not get the main dasa if one is born
with rahu dasa at birth.

This candra mangala yoga - moon and mars in the same rasi - will happen roughly once in 29 days on an average and be present for a period of nearly two days and six hours in each cycle. On this basis, on the average about 8 percent people will have this yoga. So, it is not that all these people will earn name and fame, accumulate landed property, etc.

In astrology we should have what is called "holistic" approach; even then some approximation only can be arrived at. So the first thing to avoid is, learning such rules piece-meal and trying to make prediction.

Dear Sangom sir,

I went on the principle that major impacts happen only during the period of maha
dasa and antar dasa and not on the basis of conjunction of planets in the same
house. Of course KP has different rules.

Sir:

I also went by Vedic astrology initially, but later I found that KP method is more accurate.

It differs from the vedic method in predictions.

Suppose, Mesha is the lagna and in the eleventh house moon is posited in sathayam
and mars is in avittam. Moon will have to give what Rahu is supposed to and Mars
its own.

AFter having considered the star lords, we will have to reckon with the rasi lord also
which is saturn.

Next, we will have to see where Rahu and saturn are placed. If Rahu is in the fifth
house, it will give what sun is supposed to; if saturn is in 8th house it will give what
mars is supposed to.

Then we have sukshma lord also whose calculation is lengthy. I am avoiding it now.

Then we will have to see the significators and accordingly predict. It seems rather
involved, but once we understand the basics, it becomes easier to predict.

As you rightly have pointed out, and this is my view also, God's Grace is very
important.

Once, a gentleman went to a Kerala astrologer and asked him to cast the horoscope
of his new-born i.e., born about two months ago. The astrologer asked him the
date, time and place of birth and immediately asked him to come after a month.
After he left, the astrologer's friend who was with him then, asked him why did he
send him without casting the horoscope. The astrologer replied - what is the use of
casting the horoscope of a child who is going to die in 15 days time. And the child
passed away within 15 days. The astrologer had divine grace.

Sir:

I also went by Vedic astrology initially, but later I found that KP method is more accurate.

It differs from the vedic method in predictions.

Suppose, Mesha is the lagna and in the eleventh house moon is posited in sathayam
and mars is in avittam. Moon will have to give what Rahu is supposed to and Mars
its own.

AFter having considered the star lords, we will have to reckon with the rasi lord also
which is saturn.

Next, we will have to see where Rahu and saturn are placed. If Rahu is in the fifth
house, it will give what sun is supposed to; if saturn is in 8th house it will give what
mars is supposed to.

Then we have sukshma lord also whose calculation is lengthy. I am avoiding it now.

Then we will have to see the significators and accordingly predict. It seems rather
involved, but once we understand the basics, it becomes easier to predict.

As you rightly have pointed out, and this is my view also, God's Grace is very
important.

Once, a gentleman went to a Kerala astrologer and asked him to cast the horoscope
of his new-born i.e., born about two months ago. The astrologer asked him the
date, time and place of birth and immediately asked him to come after a month.
After he left, the astrologer's friend who was with him then, asked him why did he
send him without casting the horoscope. The astrologer replied - what is the use of
casting the horoscope of a child who is going to die in 15 days time. And the child
passed away within 15 days. The astrologer had divine grace.

Shri Ranganathan,

I cannot claim that I "know astrology", but I have dabbled in it for some time. As for KP, it is a neo-system incorporating the vimsottari dasa idea into the rasi angular positions, if my memory is correct now, after so many years. It is as good or as reliable or unreliable as the older systems. May be you know Krishnamurthy lost one child (daughter) according to my memory, after giving her in marriage, because, it transpired after the event (as usually happens with astrology, "wise after the event"!) that the husband had severe "kalatra dosha".

The incident you narrate about kerala astrologer might be true or just be legendary, because there are many such stories. But I can vouchsafe one real incident told to be my a very elderly gentleman who was an adept astrologer. His relative had a very bright and promising son but when the horoscope was cast, after the child completed four years (because the astrological rule/belief is that a child may die during the first four years due to the sins committed by its mother and this can overrule all other indivations of long life present in the horoscope; i think this is another way of telling that mother's carelessness could cause an infant its life even.), the prediction was that the boy will drown during its 13th. or 14th. year (I don't remember exactly now.)

So the father kept the matter to himself - did not reveal it to anyone. Being a landlord and a brahmin, he had no difficulty in constantly guarding his son; even his education was done by teachers coming to the house. At about the time indicated by the jyosyan, the father-son duo and family went to attend the marriage in a very close relative's family. A grand affair, rich family, large compound with acres surrounding the house, the father's attention on the boy relaxed for a while when some relatives whom he had not met for long, came. As fate would have it the boy, who was never allowed near any pond, well, or sea, etc., saw the fresh water in the family pond, tried to go further, and got drowned. The whole crowd which had assembled for the happy marriage celebrations were irredeemably affected by this tragedy.

While on the subject of astrology, one rule which, again, I learned informally from a very experienced person, is that if the 9th. and 10th. houses are linked in any one of the many possible ways, the native will surely prosper and go to a higher position in life compared to the one in which he/she was born. The bhava chart is to be taken and I feel - no proof, but - BVR's bhava calculation system is the best.

I have found this to be a rule which rarely fails, but, depending on other details the rise of the native will be through fair or unfair means. In case you have many horoscopes, you may like to test and let us know if this works.

Sir:

The Kerala news is not a story but it did happen.

Incidentally, in my horoscope also , the 9th and 10th houses are related !

What I know is very little, and I am still learning and learning - it never stops.

Shri Ranganathan,

While on the subject of astrology, one rule which, again, I learned informally from a very experienced person, is that if the 9th. and 10th. houses are linked in any one of the many possible ways, the native will surely prosper and go to a higher position in life compared to the one in which he/she was born. The bhava chart is to be taken and I feel - no proof, but - BVR's bhava calculation system is the best.

I have found this to be a rule which rarely fails, but, depending on other details the rise of the native will be through fair or unfair means. In case you have many horoscopes, you may like to test and let us know if this works.

Sri Sangom,

I have deep rooted interest in Astrology and continuing to learn the subject. As we know, the subject of astrology is too deep as ocean and leads to many confusions and cross questioning oneself as a learner, I still got many many doubts.

Can you let me know as how the relation between the two houses some way is linked for the impacts/results to predict. For example, the link between the 9th bhava and 10th bhava..

Can there be any other relation between the 9th and 10th lord/house, other than the 4 listed out below, as I could know.

1) Bhava lord exchanging house (Like 9th lord in 10th house and 10th lord in 9th house).
2) 9th lord aspecting the 10th lord or vice versa
3) 9th lord and 10th lord are together (conjunct) in one house.
4) 9th lord aspecting the 10th house and or 10th lord aspecting the 9th house

Kindly let me know. As I am learning, any of your additional input would be of great value to me.

Dear Mr.Ravi,

The planets of the 9th and 10th houses in the constellation -nakshatra-
whose lord is same. Like 9th house lord in chitra and 10th house lord in
avittam; the lord of chithra and avittam being mars. This type may also
fall under this category.

Dear Mr.Ravi,

The planets of the 9th and 10th houses in the constellation -nakshatra-
whose lord is same. Like 9th house lord in chitra and 10th house lord in
avittam; the lord of chithra and avittam being mars. This type may also
fall under this category.

Sri N.R.Ranganathan,

Thank you sooooo much for this valuable info. True, I can understand the relevance. A planet in a specific house in a specific degree determines in which nakshatra it is positioned and relatively the effects of the planets are determined.

Sri N.R.Ranganathan,

Thank you sooooo much for this valuable info. True, I can understand the relevance. A planet in a specific house in a specific degree determines in which nakshatra it is positioned and relatively the effects of the planets are determined.

Dear Shri Ravi, Ranganathan,

The constellation rule has not been checked by me so far since I was not aware. Can either of you tell me if this works?

Sri Sangom,

I have deep rooted interest in Astrology and continuing to learn the subject. As we know, the subject of astrology is too deep as ocean and leads to many confusions and cross questioning oneself as a learner, I still got many many doubts.

Can you let me know as how the relation between the two houses some way is linked for the impacts/results to predict. For example, the link between the 9th bhava and 10th bhava..

Can there be any other relation between the 9th and 10th lord/house, other than the 4 listed out below, as I could know.

1) Bhava lord exchanging house (Like 9th lord in 10th house and 10th lord in 9th house).
2) 9th lord aspecting the 10th lord or vice versa
3) 9th lord and 10th lord are together (conjunct) in one house.
4) 9th lord aspecting the 10th house and or 10th lord aspecting the 9th house

Kindly let me know. As I am learning, any of your additional input would be of great value to me.

The "or" clause in item 4 is only a second best, I feel; the "and" clause is better. Exchange of houses in navamsa is also a possible link. though we may extend this to all the house division charts upto shashtyamsa chart, I feel it is futile to go beyond dasamsa even for research purposes, and, for day-to-day practice, limit this to navamsa.

The "or" clause in item 4 is only a second best, I feel; the "and" clause is better. Exchange of houses in navamsa is also a possible link. though we may extend this to all the house division charts upto shashtyamsa chart, I feel it is futile to go beyond dasamsa even for research purposes, and, for day-to-day practice, limit this to navamsa.

I got it thoroughly about your observations and comments on my 4th point. The rest of your points are value addition to my learning...Thank you sooo much Sri Sangom

I got it thoroughly about your observations and comments on my 4th point. The rest of your points are value addition to my learning...Thank you sooo much Sri Sangom

Another dimension: if there is conjunction of 9th and 10th lord it should also be seen as conjunction of kona and kendra lords, seen as beneficial.

Some astrologers would say that 9th house is a baadhaka stana for stira lagna and will place much emphasis on that.

Rgds.,

Sri SwamiTabra

Another dimension: if there is conjunction of 9th and 10th lord it should also be seen as conjunction of kona and kendra lords, seen as beneficial.

- Yes, this I know. 9th is Kona (other than 1 & 5) and 10th is Kendra (other than 1,4,7), and the conjunction of kona and kendra lord is considered beneficial/auspicious.

Some astrologers would say that 9th house is a baadhaka stana for stira lagna and will place much emphasis on that.

[FONT=&quot]- This info. is totally new to me. Thank you for sharing this with me. But, I could not understand as how come the significance of 9th house of Father/Dharma/Foreign Travel etc, veries with mobile qualities of the houses (movable, fixed and dual lagna signs)

[/FONT]

Rgds.,

Thank you once again...

- This info. is totally new to me. Thank you for sharing this with me. But, I could not understand as how come the significance of 9th house of Father/Dharma/Foreign Travel etc, veries with mobile qualities of the houses (movable, fixed and dual lagna signs)

Shri Ravi,

AFAIK the "baadhakasthaana" and "baadhaka" rules apply only to "prasnams" and not to horoscopes. But astrologers use this to justify happenings after the event at times and some of them are led into mixing up the two.

The speciality of the 9-10 combination unlike other kendra-konadhipayoga, is that it is "dharmakarmadhipa yoga" and more powerful.

Shri Ravi,

AFAIK the "baadhakasthaana" and "baadhaka" rules apply only to "prasnams" and not to horoscopes. But astrologers use this to justify happenings after the event at times and some of them are led into mixing up the two.

The speciality of the 9-10 combination unlike other kendra-konadhipayoga, is that it is "dharmakarmadhipa yoga" and more powerful.
[/COLOR]

Sri Sangom,

Yesh, 9th being Dharma Sthana and 10th being Karma Sthaana, combination of these two lords are more significant and powerful as "Dharmakarmadhipati Yoga". Considering the detailed configuration of a horoscope, the results of this "Dharmakarmadipati Yoga" can be determined as favorable or unfavorable for the native.

Sir,

This has to be taken with a pinch of salt.

In my own horoscope, Sani as the lord of 9th and 10th house, a Yogakaraka (for Rishaba lagna), supposedly well placed in its moolatrikona stana of Kumba has not conferred any benefit worthwhile in its dasa which is currently underway.
Rather, I had to undergo frequent disappointments and even physical hardship -- particularly in the bukhti of Venus-- as met with an accident which necessitated a hip replacement surgeries twice.
Even if suddenly I am to be on a fast track in the remainder of the dasa, the benefits will be late, akin to getting Swiss chocolates when one becomes diabetic..

Though astrology as a discipline is fascinating, the predictions can be quite unreliable..

Rdgs.,

Sir,

In my own horoscope, Sani as the lord of 9th and 10th house, a Yogakaraka (for Rishaba lagna), supposedly well placed in its moolatrikona stana of Kumba has not conferred any benefit worthwhile in its dasa which is currently underway.
Rather, I had to undergo frequent disappointments and even physical hardship -- particularly in the bukhti of Venus-- as met with an accident which necessitated a hip replacement surgeries twice.
Even if suddenly I am to be on a fast track in the remainder of the dasa, the benefits will be late, akin to getting Swiss chocolates when one becomes diabetic..

Though astrology as a discipline is fascinating, the predictions can be quite unreliable..

Rdgs.,

Dear Shri Swami,

If you read my post once again, you will observe that my opinion (claim) was only to the extent of this:

"I learned informally from a very experienced person, is that if the 9th. and 10th. houses are linked in any one of the many possible ways, the native will surely prosper and go to a higher position in life compared to the one in which he/she was born."

So, in your case also, if you feel your position - by which I mean financial position, status in life - has increased from what it was as a result of being your parent's son, then the rule applies. It does not mean that everything else, like health, children, spouse, etc., will be hunky-dory throughout life.

For rishabha lagna venus owns the 6th house also - apart from lagna. Moon is the lord of the third house, Jupiter is a malefic outright owning 8th and 11th. Still, I would say saturn in the 10th. will bestow good to you ultimately; he is also liable to make you ascetic in outlook and depending on other indications, you may come to a stage of agnosticism also in due course, IMO.

Dear Swamitabra,

I am very sorry to hear your hardships. Horoscope indicates what is going
to happen but will not prevent it from happening. At the most you may get
some solace thru' pariharams.

According to one theory Lord Saturn will give the fruits of bad karmas first
and then the benefits of good karmas in its final days of transit.

You will please study your horoscope deeply and relate the incidents to the
dasa-bukti and gochara of the various planets and by this method you can
correctly assess what any planet would do.

According to KP method, saturn must be in a constellation whose lord is either
mars or rahu or jupiter. I do not know in which constellation -star- he is.
He will give what these other three are supposed to give or the houses
occupied by these three planets. You will have to study House lord, star lord,
sub lord and sukshma lord to give correct prediction.

Last edited:
Sir,

Rdgs.,

The association of 9th lord with the 10th or vice verse, or their mutual aspects produce 'dharma-karmadhipathi' yoga to fructify in those lords dasa period. Above all the lagna lord should also be in strong place; so also the moon. Though in Kumbha, in whose cusp he is according to KP? Saturn does not do much good if the rasi is cancer or leo. But all said and done, you will get the yoga effect even in diminished measure. When Saturn gives he does give. Sometimes, we fail to realize the benefits according to merits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back