• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

அசலும் நகலும்

Status
Not open for further replies.
Respectable members,

Recently I was watching one Rajini movie song. It was the movie 'Chandra Mukhi'. The song was 'athimdom'. The heroine is well versed with classical music; Hero takes the heroine by surprise by his skills in singing.....this is the song -

YouTube - video song: Chandramukhi

(the music between 1:10 and 1:20 almost made me puke).

The above song was நகல். This whole episode was copied from the Malayalam movie 'Aaram Thamburaan'. (Chandra Mukhi was copied from 'Manichitra Thaazhu'. That is beside the point. Copy from 'Aaram Thamburaan was bonus copy!). In the movie 'Aaram Thamburaan', hero surprises the heroine with this song....that was அசல்.

YouTube - Aaram Thamburan

(Madhu Mozhi Radhe alabanai 5:01 to 5:50 is really classic! Still in the video, it is a 'masala song' only. But in the audio, it is a classic).

Why the Kollywood producers decide that Tamizh audience may not like quality songs; quality movies? I keep wondering!

Cheers!

very very interesting name asalum nakalum. gud improvisation sir. the industry is full of plagarism. no hope. infact two of bollywood music directors have made a living of out it namely anu malik and pritam.

Last edited:
Deva used to lift songs in the past. he was called xerox. There used to be a composer called Vedha, now possibly no more, who used to simply the lift the entire tune from Hindi and put in Tamil! Adhey KankaL etc!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back