• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Rediff Interview - 'Periyar was against Brahminism, not Brahmins'

Status
Not open for further replies.
sirs - even after a democratic constitution was adopted, even after a penal code and a law was passed that abusing any community in public is a penal offence, the 'periar' abused bramins in the most cheapest, filthy and indecent, illiterate language. this shows ignorance of law, contempt of rule of land. by this yardstick of 'not against brahmnism, only bramins' any criminal, rapist can justify his criminal acts also.

And I can say, "Modi is against Islam, not Muslims." Would that be acceptable to secularists?:der:

Thanks for the link. There is some horrible IAS officer called rajasekharan who is making a film on Periyar. Even though Brahmins are a powerless, disenfranchised community, denied education through 74% reservation in TN, films that hate Brahmins, not the caste system are made while Thevars, Maravas and Vanniyars merrily oppress the Dalits.

Unforgiving & always looking into the past

Thanks for the link. There is some horrible IAS officer called rajasekharan who is making a film on Periyar.

CIK,

I actually think Gnana Rajasekharan is a good film maker. You may not be aware but he was the guy who made a film on "Bharathiyaar" & also if i am right made a film called "Mogamul" after a famour novel by the same name.

He is a good film director focussing on off-beat themes. His direction & script are very good too & I respect him for that.

However his reasoning & defence of EVR makes for poor reading. I don't know the personal background of GR but in case he is from one of those "so called backward communities" i am further saddened. Especially to see such deep caste-hatred prevalent even among those who we can rightfully call "liberated".

We hate "Brahmanism & not brahmins" as a statement is perhaps as old as Adam. Every time the KKKs have to "justify" their acts they take umbrage under this statement.

GR who can be a beacon (and is) for his community, tell the "good news" to his folk that "no matter what, if you have the talent, aptitude, attitude & perseverance", no force on earth can stop your progress, instead prefers to dig deep into the past & trying to inject a fresh dose of the poison of hatred.

I don't know for how long the 'so called backward community' is going to believe that the problem is "external" & not "internal" to them. If an IAS officer after reaching pinnacle of 'Executive Success' in India, indulges in Brahmin bashing, i fail to understand where we are headed to as a Nation ? For how long will we be looking into the past ?

What do these guys want ? Do they want Brahmins to follow the Dinasour into oblivion ?

Despite high education & executive power, if a member of a certain community doesn't respect himself & doesn't himself believe he is on par with everyone, well, i guess there is no solution.

Lack of Self esteem is a disease for which i see no cure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back