• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Sundhara Kandan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those who do not have time to read the entire Ramayana, could get the same effect by reading Sundara Kanda. People who do not have even time to read full Sundara Kanda, Could read this “Samkshepa Sundara Kanda (Sundara Kanda in brief) and be benefited. It is written that reading this would cure illnesses, give long life, bring to an end enmity, and lead to all round happiness and well being.

Here is in Sanskrit version

http://www.prapatti.com/slokas/sanskrit/sankshepasundarakaandam.pdf

In Tamil

http://www.prapatti.com/slokas/tamil/sankshepasundarakaandam.pdf

in English it is (Includes an audio at the end)

Sundarakandam: Samkshepa Sundara Kandam

Original vAlmiki's Sundara Kandam is on line (I prefer to read from a book - available with large letters both in Sanskrit and in Tamil Scripts from giri trading or RS vAdyAr's ) - There are also books with meanings.

Here is a link to the entire vAlmiki rAmayana's sundara kAnda

Valmiki Ramayana - Sundara Kanda : Contents

I would like to read sundara kandan. pls tell me the benifit about that. if possible pls send me a tamil version of sundara kandam

thanks

The book is available from LIFCO Publications ( Sanskrit slokas in tamizh script). It comes with Tamil meaning too in a seperate book. Available from most leading book shops.

The benefit is in your mind. If you believe it is going to give you lot of mental strength, then it does. I know it.

Cheers!

I would like to read sundara kandan. pls tell me the benifit about that. if possible pls send me a tamil version of sundara kandam

thanks

Dear akila,

Firstly start reading it and do not think too much of the benefits as much cos once you start reading it everything else will fall in place.

You might be having some specific reasons why you have asked about the benefits but if we are mainly going to seek benefits even before the onset of reading it then prayer will become a transaction.

So just abandon all your worries and read it and leave everything else to God.
It is actually much easier on the mind when we do not seek too much benefits.

Prayer should be like falling in love.
We just fall in love..we do not stop to ask ourselves "what is the benefit of falling in love".
Same way..just fall in love with God..He never abandons anyone.

Regards

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back