Tamil Brahmins
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Downloads
    Uploads

Reservations in Government/Public Services:NEXT

0 Not allowed!
    A lot of my friends (even some of the forum members) made fun of me when I kept saying that, the next step of the politicians would be reservations in public services.

Here is a link in today's Hindu reg Government requiring patients to specify whether they are OC/BC/MBC/SC/ST in the government hospitals. The government claims it is for a study to determine whether economically and socially marginalised communties (meaning all except Brahmins in TN) are effectively using the facilities. Ofcourse we know where this going.

As I said, Reservations in public services is coming down the line and we have to be prepared for it.

Ramki
    Community-wise segregation in district hospitals sparks debate R. Ilangovan
    "It is to gauge support of various communities to medicare facilities"

Patients and their relatives embarrassed by the practice
    Details to be sent to the Health Department
    SALEM: People availing themselves of medical treatment at Districts Government Head Quarters Hospitals as out-patients have to henceforth provide not only routine details such as their name, age and ailment, but also disclose the community to which they belong to.
    Till recently, these hospitals have been issuing out-patient slips that require patients to fill in details including patients' names, age, address and nature of illness. But from this week onwards, it has started recording the patient's community against a column printed at the top of the out-patient slip as under Other Castes (OC), Backward Class (BC), Most Backward Class (MBC), Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST).
    Patients and their relatives are embarrassed by this new practice. "I was shocked when the issuing authority at the Government Head Quarters Hospital at Mettur asked me to disclose my caste," said a father who had brought his 10-month old boy to the hospital for treatment. Highly placed sources in the Department of Health, however, claim that the intention behind this decision is "good." They say it is being carried out , on instructions from officials, to gather data for a study under the "Tamil Nadu Health System Project and Reproductive and Child Health Project."
    "It is to gauge the patronage percentage of people belonging to various communities towards the government's medicare facilities and to find out whether the socially and economically marginalised are utilising these facilities fully or, if not, why," points out a senior health official.
    The hospitals would have to submit the details every month to the respective Joint Directors of Health, who will, in turn, forward it to the Department of Health. But the community-wise segregation of patients has sparked a row with activists calling it a "strange and disturbing" practice.
    Chairman, Federation of Associations for Consumer and Environment in Tamil Nadu, A. Asokan said it was unethical to ask an ailing man or woman to disclose his or her caste and community. N. Rama Asokan of Human Rights Education and Research Centre said such an approach should not be adopted even for a study.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    Saw an item couple of days back that Punjab Govt is planning to introduce Quota in Sports. The drafting of the policy is underway & expected to be unveiled soon.
    நன்றி,
    ஹரி

அன்பே சிவம்.
  3. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    sirs - omnipotent and omnipresent everywhere in india are these lethal caste quotas. the original indian constitution awarded quotas only for sc/st, only for 10 yrs.and only in some select sectors. thanks to politicians and judges, these quotas have been extended and enlarged and they have spread their octupus like tentacles all over the country. the present day anarchy clearly shows the failure of judiciary in india to restrict the politicians. as Dr. arun shourie has said, judges in india are more populist than politicians in bending backwards to preserve caste quotas.

(i think these views have already been mentioned in this forum itself many times before)
    (If my views are offensive i feel sorry for that)
    Regards
    Suresh.
  5. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    If you are having a problem with a particular thread or user, please use the "REPORT POST" button beside the offending post to inform us or raise a complaint.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Legal issues in classifying OBCs

0 Not allowed!
    The Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil has told that the OBC classification could be challenged as there was no method of proving backwardness. The link to the HIndu Reprt is given below.
    http://www.hindu.com/2007/04/29/stor...2918920100.htm.
    Legal issues in identifying OBCs''

Aarti Dhar

NEW DELHI: Union Home Minister Shivraj Patil on Saturday said legal issues were involved in listing the Other Backward Classes (OBCs) in the national census. Responding to a suggestion by Telugu Desam Party leader K. Yerrannaidu that the OBCs should be classified in the national census carried out by the Registrar-General of India under the Home Ministry, he said the classification could be challenged as there was no method of proving backwardness.
    Mr. Patil was non-committal on whether the classification would be done in the 2011 census. The issue was under government consideration, he said in the Lok Sabha.
    Speaking during a debate on the demands for grants to the Ministry, Mr. Yerrannaidu said had the OBCs been listed separately in the 2001 census — as suggested by him — the Central Educational Institutions (Reservation in Admission) Act, 2006 would not have been stayed by the Supreme Court. He said he had suggested a separate column for the OBCs as was provided for minorities, the SCs and the STs.
    The only way left to us to challenge in various courts. I have written in my posts that we should support Mr. Vijayan financially. There is no response in this regard.
    Subramanian
  7. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    sirs- except bramins, almost all castes in india have been declared as 'oppressed' and thus eligible for quota benefits in one way or the other. if they are really 'oppressed' why did not founding fathers of constitution declare them as ''oppressed'? did they become 'oppressed' after that? then does that not show that there is something terribly wrong in the way the country has been run ? does it not show that caste quotas are not the way to abolish caste, but the way only to perpetuate casteism?????
    Regards
    Suresh.
  9. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

0 Not allowed!
    sirs - 'rationalists' are eulogising themselves that they have 'reformed' indian society by caste quotas. what is a reform? only when there is something wrong in the situation it needs to be modified, and necessiates reforms. the situation in indian society was certainly not one calling for 'reforms'. british repression was only reason for all problems. when no malady existed, just like giving medical treatment to a person without any ailment, to inject caste quotas has only led to a situation from where one can say with total conviction that the present state of affairs is far too bad in all aspects in this country than the pre-quota period.
    Regards
    Suresh.
  11. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

What can be done?

0 Not allowed!
    This is world of majority. Let us think what can be done rather than what is happening. As Mr.Subra told we have to support the person who comes out challenging quota system.
    Let us think why the politicians are behind minorities (eg: christians being less than 3 %), why they are identifying themselves that they are pro minorities while they suppress brahmins.
    Let us think how our people can come up or fight against injustice like quota system.
    I would like to take the example of LTTE. How could they fight against a country army for such a long period.(I am against violence and I dont want us to go in the terrorism path). They are funded enough. Our people who are fighting, needs funds. Enough funds to fight. If you cannot fight in the street support financially, morally for those who come forward.
    Let us start some educational institution where we give seat only to Brahmins or people who deserve. Let us think how we can bypass the crooked laws to suppress us. I have the strong feeling Brahmins are the most intelligent clan in India. Brain is our strength. Let us use it. My fellow people, come out with bright ideas. Let us open a thread only to give ideas for the upliftment of our people.
    When i see some of my friends who are brahmins they have a inferiority complex (as one of our fellow member wrote in one forum). We should break it. It is in the hands of the parents. Teach them slokas and the pride being a Brahmin. We have people with money.
    We should strengthen our TAMBRAS. We should make it our only representation and we should all remember it is easy to split us and we should not be a reason. TAMBRAS should be active.
    There are many more thoughts that arise from me whenever I think the anti brahminism.
    We should teach our children WE ARE PHEONIX BIRDS. We cannot be suppressed altogether. We should find a way to fight against any odds we need to face. For that we need to be united. That is the main concern.
    We should encourage each and every brahmin to be a member of our TAMBRAS.
    Let us think constructively rather than destructively.
  13. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Accept the truth

0 Not allowed!
    Yes good idea chanakya, and also why Brahmins can’t show to others that they hate caste system, just the way Brahmin hate the of quota system. Why can’t Brahmins form a association that help poor’s, help so called low caste people, mingle with them, help them in education, show to world. This way we wipe the hate of others and show Brahmins hate separation of human based on caste….can Brahmins do that ???

with love
    v.
  15. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

brahmins have done more than enough for this-now for other communities to do the same

0 Not allowed!
    mr.thangaraj
    brahmins have done more than needed for this. brahmins spearheaded harijan entries in temples. and so many such things. they helped people like ambedkar come up in life. They never created separation in the first place. It was the OBC kings who did that and forced brahmins to write some texts which talked about separation.
    But today brahmins include everyone at the same time respecting the other's privacy. it is only the OBCs who kill and rape dalits --even in TN they do all this -- they practice two-tumbler system even now. So you should go tell the OBCs to stop practicing separation make them mingle will all other castes –same with dalits --they must go and mingle with OBCs .

Also obcs and dalits should stop hating brahmins and stop abusing them and
    stop depriving them of education.

OBcs and dalits must sort their house in order first.
    Within the OBCs and dalits they are not having any intermingling because the rich and well off among OBCs and dalits do not let the poor and needy get reservation benefits. So they should first let that happen before advising brahmins what to do. They need to be honest to begin with. Will they do that?
    Another thing is these OBCs and dalits should go to websites such as dalitstan.org, www.devaronline.com, www.gounder.org , www.vanniyarmatrimony.com , www.ambedkar.org etc etc and post on these things—it will be really nice of them to do so since they are in majority and so these things should be first done among them since doing these things in minority Brahmins will not create any impact at all.

cheers and best of luck
    Gautham
  17. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
    Downloads
    Uploads

Smile Accept the truth

0 Not allowed!
    Hi gautham.....

“helped people like ambedkar come up in life” ????

“Ambedkar father and grandfather served in the British Army. In those days, the government ensured that all the army personnel and their children were educated and ran special schools for this purpose. This ensured good education for Bhimrao Ambedkar, which would have otherwise been denied to him by the virtue of his caste.”

This is from “Dr. B.R. Ambedkar Biography”..please refer http://www.iloveindia.com/indian-heroes/br-ambedkar.html.

I don’t understand what way the community helped, appreciate if you could provide me more details.

“brahmins spearheaded harijan entries in temples”..entry to temple is the rights to any human, are you sure Brahmins gave this rights ?

stop hating Brahmins” Yes I accept people from OBC, MBC , SC, ST, ABC, XYZ, 123… they all hate Brahmins and all including FC dislike Dalits……….This has became the fate of our nation. We all need to change.

"Be the change you want to see in the world”

with love
    v.
  19. All views expressed by the Members and Moderators here are that of the individuals only and do not reflect the official policy or view of the TamilBrahmins.com Website.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast