• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Planing a trip to gaya and varanasi for pitru dosha

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

funny96

Hello Esteemed Members Namaskaram,

Iam Kumar Tanjore Brahmin , I have been advisedto do PITRU srardham in Gaya and Varanasi to get rid of PITRU Dosha (BothFather and Mother Side).
am planing to go to these place's in Sep2012.

Gaya :
I need details about how to do Vishnu PadaSrardham and its cost , Accomodation and any other guidance that would help mein doing it .

Varanas: I need details about how to do Srardham and itscost , Accomodation and any other guidance that would help me in doing it

Thanks

Kumar

Hello Esteemed Members Namaskaram,

Iam Kumar Tanjore Brahmin , I have been advisedto do PITRU srardham in Gaya and Varanasi to get rid of PITRU Dosha (BothFather and Mother Side).
am planing to go to these place's in Sep2012.

Gaya :
I need details about how to do Vishnu PadaSrardham and its cost , Accomodation and any other guidance that would help mein doing it .

Varanas: I need details about how to do Srardham and itscost , Accomodation and any other guidance that would help me in doing it

Thanks

Kumar

You may please contact Sri. Vasudeva Sastrigal, SivaMadam,Daragunj, Allahabad, ph: 9935685978, 9415029556, 42500799[ pl. check the STD code.].. He will arrange all facilities including rituals and Thiruveni Sangamam allahabad and arrange for transportation to Varanasi on request..

The correct procedure is first you have to visit Rameswaram and take sand from Rameswaram/ Danush kodi. and carry it to allahabad for immersion in thiruveni sangamam after performing pujas. .For Rameswaram you may pl. contact..Sri. Venkatrama Sastrigal Ph:9486672258

In Varanasi you may pl. contact Sri.Rameseha Sastrigal or Krishnamurthy Ganabadigal Ph: 0542 22244602, 054222240548..
They will take care for Varanasi & Gaya..

Pl. enquire with respective Sastrigal for cost.. Accomadation will not be problem as these people arrange it in their house itself or in outside.. Food will be served by them every day ..

After completing the Allahabad, Varanasi, Gaya you have to go to Rameswaram again to do abishegam by ganga water..in Ramanatha swamy temple..

TVK

Dear Funny96 (!)

TVK Ji has given good you suggestion. If you still want an alternate / option, please
reply in this Thread - I will give you the most convenient and cost-effective itinerary.

Praveen Ji is correct - multiple posts will only cause confusion.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Funny96 (!)

TVK Ji has given good you suggestion. If you still want an alternate / option, please
reply in this Thread - I will give you the most convenient and cost-effective itinerary.

Praveen Ji is correct - multiple posts will only cause confusion.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

TVK and Anand Sir,

Thanks for the valuable information , you my made of trip very easy. I have already been to rameshwaram. Gaya,Kasi and allahabad is pending now. I will contact the mentioned sastrigal's and arrange my trip. Once again thanks from bottom of my heart.

Kumar

You may please contact Sri. Vasudeva Sastrigal, SivaMadam,Daragunj, Allahabad, ph: 9935685978, 9415029556, 42500799[ pl. check the STD code.].. He will arrange all facilities including rituals and Thiruveni Sangamam allahabad and arrange for transportation to Varanasi on request..

The correct procedure is first you have to visit Rameswaram and take sand from Rameswaram/ Danush kodi. and carry it to allahabad for immersion in thiruveni sangamam after performing pujas. .For Rameswaram you may pl. contact..Sri. Venkatrama Sastrigal Ph:9486672258

In Varanasi you may pl. contact Sri.Rameseha Sastrigal or Krishnamurthy Ganabadigal Ph: 0542 22244602, 054222240548..
They will take care for Varanasi & Gaya..

Pl. enquire with respective Sastrigal for cost.. Accomadation will not be problem as these people arrange it in their house itself or in outside.. Food will be served by them every day ..

After completing the Allahabad, Varanasi, Gaya you have to go to Rameswaram again to do abishegam by ganga water..in Ramanatha swamy temple..

TVK
dear sir !
kindly give the period during which we can peacefully conduct the rituals.
guruvayurappan

Dear Guruvayur Sri Krishna

I have visited these places almost in every month of the year and have been instrumental
in various groups plan their itinerary.

Even early this morning a group member called - at 4 am to update me on their progress. They
had completed Ayodhya and were to board a train to Allahabad.

The ideal time of the year would be now when all the rivers will be flowing full, with fresh water from
the Hills - just after the monsoon - Mid Aug to Send Sept. October onwards it becomes cold.

Summer time, there is very little water in the rivers [ tends to get contaminated] and also being the holiday
time for schools/colleges, the crowds can get irritating and unruly.

This time of the year will be ideal - all the streets too would have been rain washed - no stench
of urine or sights of human refuse - our people are experts in messing up places.

Like any other pilgrim spot, be on the alert for pickpockets, touts and other conmen.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

I have performed these rituals in the year 1991 at the age of 37 as said above. I have done all these with the help of Swamimalai Viswanatha Ganapadigl (he is no more now) As informed by KK 4646, please contactRamsesha Ganapadigal and Krishnmoorthy Ganpadiogl ( sons of Swamimalai Viswanatha Ganapadigal)well in advance. they will do all the help. Here I wants to share, that I am really haply to see person like you to come forward to plan for this holy trips even some boys are not doing their father's annual sratham in a simple way nowadays. You will be very lucky and to feel the wonderful experience of this trip and wish you all the best.

dear AM !
thanks for the information . even though i am aware that Aug-oct is ideal, i wanted opinion from a experienced person like you !!
guruvayurappan

Greetings!
I heard there is சோழி காத்த மாரியம்மன் கோவில் at Varanasi. I would like to know about it.
Vijiramanan

Greetings!
I heard there is சோழி காத்த மாரியம்மன் கோவில் at Varanasi. I would like to know about it.
Vijiramanan
I had been to Varanasi number of times. In fact we stayed for a fortnight
and did all the rituals. I have heard about the above temple and do not remember immediately.
However, the following temples are very prominent in Varanasi. Kasi Viswanatha Temple, Anna Purana
Temple, Sankata Temple, Kalabhairav Temple (a famous only), Mritunjaya Mahadev Temple, New
Viswanath Temple, Durga Mai Temple, Tulasi Manas Temple, Anjaneya Temples, Sankata Mochan
Temple, and Bharata Mata Temple. Sastrigal belonging to my from Swami Malai is there only.
If I ask him, he would be able to tell me. I shall let you know in the next post.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Last edited:
Dear Sir / Madam

Ref : Your post # 9

This Temple is also referred to as "Panch Kowdi Matha Temple " - opposite the
Durga Temple in Varanasi. Colloquially termed " Kowdi Bai Temple ".

There is enough data on the net .

Wishing you a safe and fulfilling Kashi Yatra. Should you require any information on the Yatra itinerary etc.,
please feel free to query on the Forum.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Sir / Madam

Ref : Your post # 9

This Temple is also referred to as "Panch Kowdi Matha Temple " - opposite the
Durga Temple in Varanasi. Colloquially termed " Kowdi Bai Temple ".

There is enough data on the net .

Wishing you a safe and fulfilling Kashi Yatra. Should you require any information on the Yatra itinerary etc.,
please feel free to query on the Forum.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Yes, I now remember. Thank you very much for the input.

Balasubramanian
Ambattur

Dear Viji Mam

I have been there several times and have thrice organised [ actually led the groups ] Kashi Yatra for
groups of friends in Chennai - on a purely ' Cost Sharing ' basis.

By popular demand from friends, I might organize another tour [ group strength of 25 couples ]
- sometime 3rd week Feb 2013. We might take a full IInd class compartment if the group strength
swell to 35 couples.

But I don't want to, in any way sound like I'm 'canvassing' on this Forum. The bigger the group strength
the greater the responsibility for me.

Wishing you a safe, and fulfilling Yatra - I suppose you already know that the Yatra is completed in
Rameshwaram - with Theertham brought from Prayag [Allahabad] from Abhishekam there.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Viji Mam

I have been there several times and have thrice organised [ actually led the groups ] Kashi Yatra for
groups of friends in Chennai - on a purely ' Cost Sharing ' basis.

By popular demand from friends, I might organize another tour [ group strength of 25 couples ]
- sometime 3rd week Feb 2013. We might take a full IInd class compartment if the group strength
swell to 35 couples.

But I don't want to, in any way sound like I'm 'canvassing' on this Forum. The bigger the group strength
the greater the responsibility for me.

Wishing you a safe, and fulfilling Yatra - I suppose you already know that the Yatra is completed in
Rameshwaram - with Theertham brought from Prayag [Allahabad] from Abhishekam there.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Greetings!
Thank you very much for the information.
I am single-widow and in Coimbatore.
If I am well, I shall definitely join you.
Thank you.
Regards.
Vijiramanan

Dear Viji Mam

Being a 'single' / 'widow' is no dis-advantage for performing Pitru Karyams in Gaya. There is no such rule
that only menfolk must do the karyams.

There is a famous legend [ sub story from the Ramayanam ] wherein Sita Devi herself does the Pinda Pradanam
for her F-in-Law, while her Hubby & B-in-Law are away in the forest.

When I mentioned 'couples', I meant it only to convey/calculate the group strength. We have had many
'singles' Gents and Ladies in our earlier groups. This time my Akka will be joining [my B-in-Law passed away
a couple of years ago].

I have not finalized anything yet - itinerary/costing anything. But please consider, my groups consist of a mixture
of Brahmins AND Non-Brahmins, and I hope that is OK with you. We travel together, stay together and eat together
as ONE unit - though the rituals are slightly different for NBs.

Will let you know once things are finalized.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Dear Viji Mam

Being a 'single' / 'widow' is no dis-advantage for performing Pitru Karyams in Gaya. There is no such rule
that only menfolk must do the karyams.

There is a famous legend [ sub story from the Ramayanam ] wherein Sita Devi herself does the Pinda Pradanam
for her F-in-Law, while her Hubby & B-in-Law are away in the forest.

When I mentioned 'couples', I meant it only to convey/calculate the group strength. We have had many
'singles' Gents and Ladies in our earlier groups. This time my Akka will be joining [my B-in-Law passed away
a couple of years ago].

I have not finalized anything yet - itinerary/costing anything. But please consider, my groups consist of a mixture
of Brahmins AND Non-Brahmins, and I hope that is OK with you. We travel together, stay together and eat together
as ONE unit - though the rituals are slightly different for NBs.

Will let you know once things are finalized.

Guruvethunai
Yay Yem

Greetings!
Thank you for information.
Definitely do inform me when you finalize the programme.
I do not mind joining together as the home where I stay also there are non-brahmins. So no problem.
Thank you.
Regards.
Vijiramanan

I am Sundar Aiyar, a Telegu Brahmin Settled in Chennai. Myself along with my wife would like to Pitru Karyams at KASI-GAYA-ALLAHABAD in 2013, preferably first quarter of the year. I request firstly the prescribed rituals to be performed along with the costs both for the rituals along with the boarding and lodging.Thanks in advance for replies.

Sundar Aiyar
Chennai

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back