• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Dinamalar - Temples of Tamilnadu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brahmanyan

Dinamalar (தினமலர்) Tamil Daily offers a website of Temples in Tamil Nadu. This free website contains comprehensive information about our Temples, festivals, Panchangam, Religious literature, Epics, Puranams etc.
This is available both in Tamil and English. I wish every one goes through this site available in the following URL:

http://temple.dinamalar.com/

Brahmanyan,

Bangalore.

Very good morning sir ,I am much pleased to see you in new OP .thanks so much for sharing this valuable site as we can get use of it .thanks once again for sharing with TB.good day sir.

Dinamalar (தினமலர்) Tamil Daily offers a website of Temples in Tamil Nadu. This free website contains comprehensive information about our Temples, festivals, Panchangam, Religious literature, Epics, Puranams etc.
This is available both in Tamil and English. I wish every one goes through this site available in the following URL:

Brahmanyan,

Bangalore.

Very good site, thanks

Dear Doctor,

Internet is a treasure trove of knowledge. While browsing through the websites we step into
many precious finds of pearls and diamonds (also rubbish some times !). The present generation
is lucky to get the Libraries into their study rooms with the Internet. Just compare this to my
generation, during which we used to cycle miles to Libraries to read or collect books to satisfy
our thirst for knowledge.

I am grateful to Tamil Brahmins Forum for giving me a platform to share the information with good
friends like you.

Before closing this message I wish to share another wonderful site, that I came across today,
which takes the viewer to a good quality 360 degree virtual tours of important Temples and other
tourist attractions:

View360 Virtual Tour

Regards,

Brahmanyan,
Bangalore.

Dinamalar (தினமலர்) Tamil Daily offers a website of Temples in Tamil Nadu. .......

Brahmanyan,

Bangalore.

Yes, it is a very good site for info on various temples in India. One shortcoming I want to point out is that while the info in Thamizh is good overall the person who did the English version does not maintain the fidelity contained in the Thamizh version. Also the info is not the same many times in the two versions. Just one example in the case of tirukkaNNapuram divya dEsam. See below.

மூலவர்:
:
நீலமேகப்பெருமாள்

உற்சவர்
:
சவுரிராஜப்பெருமாள்
அம்மன்/தாயார்
:
கண்ணபுரநாயகி
தல விருட்சம்
:
-
தீர்த்தம்
:
நித்யபுஷ்கரிணி
ஆகமம்/பூஜை
:
வைகானஸம்
பழமை
:
1000-2000 வருடங்களுக்கு முன்
புராண பெயர்
:
கிருஷ்ணபுரம்
ஊர்
:
திருக்கண்ணபுரம்
மாவட்டம்
:
நாகப்பட்டினம்
மாநிலம்
:
தமிழ்நாடு

Moolavar
:
Sowriraja Perumal
Urchavar
:
Sowriraja Perumal
Amman / Thayar
:
Kannapura Nayaki
Thala Virutcham
:
-
Theertham
:
Nityapushkarani
Agamam / Pooja
:
Vaikanasam
Old year
:
1000-2000 years old
Historical Name
:
Krishnapuram
City
:
Tirukannapuram
District
:
Nagapattinam
State
:
Tamil Nadu

The moolavar name is changed in the English version. Also where it says "pazhamai" (antiquity) in Thamizh the equivalent in English is given as "old year". This is just one case. It needs some refurbishing.

Having said that, the Thamizh version contains detailed info and several good pictures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back