• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Ganapathi homam -

Status
Not open for further replies.

pcramabadran

A famous learned scholar mentions in one of his publications mentions that when we perform Ganapathi Homam we should not

club Navagraha Homam with it the same day. I am unable to understand as to what the reason and significance behind

his view. If anyone can enlighten me on this subject, it would clarify my mind. Many thanks in advance.

PC RAMABADRAN

GANAPATHY HOMAM should be done early in the morning and finished before sunrise. All other homams will be started only after 9 A.M. May be this a reason .

Vedic day starts after sun-rise. Ganapati homam is done before the "sun rise", hence technically we do a day earlier. Probably, he is confused between Vedic Day and 24-hours modern day. Ganapati Homam must be completed before the "sun rise" in order to do Navagraha Homam after "sun rise" on the same date (modern day).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back