• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

What is the name of Almighty and how He looks like ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear All,

What is the name of Almighty and how He looks like ????

It is very imperative the know the name of creator of the universe and HIS form as how HE looks like, as we being Hindus, we must know the name and how HE created universe.

Regards

Manwar
New Delhi
[email protected]

Guruji,

God(as in Saguna Brahman) has Sahasranama.
Even in Islam God has been said to have 99 names.
All names are His.

Look within and you will find God.

[h=3] Name - According to American Heritage Dictionary
A word or words by which an entity is designated and distinguished from others.

The Isha Upanishad says:

Auṃ – That supreme Brahman is infinite, and this conditioned Brahman is infinite. The infinite proceeds from infinite. If you subtract the infinite from the infinite, the infinite remains alone.

Knowing you from earlier post, you have a preconceived answer, and you are expecting us to come up with that specific answer that is in your head. I am sorry I am not good at that.

[/h]

Name - According to American Heritage Dictionary
A word or words by which an entity is designated and distinguished from others.

The Isha Upanishad says:

Auṃ – That supreme Brahman is infinite, and this conditioned Brahman is infinite. The infinite proceeds from infinite. If you subtract the infinite from the infinite, the infinite remains alone.

Knowing you from earlier post, you have a preconceived answer, and you are expecting us to come up with that specific answer that is in your head. I am sorry I am not good at that.

Prasad1,

You are into very right path to find the Almighty ! You have achieved 50% of the answer. You need more research to complete it. Hope you shall come out with great answer to the benefit of all. Om is of course part of it !

Purnam Adah purnam idem, purnam purnat udyachate !
Purnasya purnam aadaya, purnmev avshisyte !!

Om Shantih, Shantih, Shantihee !!!

Last edited:
Of all the created beings on this planet, I think it is sheer arrogance for one species, that too a small section of that species, to claim that they only know the name of the Creator.

Whether we refer to Ishwar, Allah or Yhvh, it is just for our own convenience. Naming the infinite only shows the limits of our imagination. The created cannot explain the creation. We only have a small inkling of what may have happened (or is still happening).

I second the thoughts of Renuka and Prasad.

Of all the created beings on this planet, I think it is sheer arrogance for one species, that too a small section of that species, to claim that they only know the name of the Creator.

Whether we refer to Ishwar, Allah or Yhvh, it is just for our own convenience. Naming the infinite only shows the limits of our imagination. The created cannot explain the creation. We only have a small inkling of what may have happened (or is still happening).

I second the thoughts of Renuka and Prasad.

Dear Vishwa,

If we know the fact, we shall be blessed, we shall be delighted. If we do not know our father's name or forefather's name then what for we are human being!
We are intelligent enough to dig out the information ! So there is no harm knowing his exact name so to say !

Dear Manwar ji,

You know everyone of us are born Nameless and we are named by our parents.

Before we were born what was our name?

So for a few moments after birth we can assume any name isn't it?

So what else can we say about God who is Unborn(Ajah)?

Going by this it is technically wrong even to try to describe God.

That's why Adishankara asked for pardon from God for his "sin" of describing Him even after knowing that God is of infinite nature and cannot be described in mere words yet he committed the error of describing God.

Dear Manwar..you are even going one step further than AdiShankara..
Adishankara still described God in many names and many forms but you want to fix one name and one form!!LOL

Dear Manwar ji,

So what else can we say about God who is Unborn(Ajah)?

Going by this it is technically wrong even to try to describe God.

That's why Adishankara asked for pardon from God for his "sin" of describing Him even after knowing that God is of infinite nature and cannot be described in mere words yet he committed the error of describing God.

Dear Manwar..you are even going one step further than AdiShankara..
Adishankara still described God in many names and many forms but you want to fix one name and one form!!LOL

Dear Renu,

This seems to be commentary by some body and that guy did not read and learn vedas. Vedas are full of, in praise of God and its manifestations. Even Lord Krishna described about God in details in Bhagwatgita. ..Although he was one of the greatest God.
Please substantiate your quote with facts.

Dear Renu,

This seems to be commentary by some body and that guy did not read and learn vedas. Vedas are full of, in praise of God and its manifestations. Even Lord Krishna described about God in details in Bhagwatgita. ..Although he was one of the greatest God.
Please substantiate your quote with facts.

Dear ManwarJi,

All our answers do not seem to satisfy you.Even Lord Shiva is known as Ashutosh(meaning easily pleased),Lord Brahma Himself is pleased and grants boons.
Lord Vishnu Himself melts when His Bhakta's are in distress and takes Avataram but Manwar ji you are impossible to satisfy.

We are all thirsty like the Cakora bird awaiting droplets of the moonlight of wisdom from you.

We are clearly no match for you..so from now on you please enlighten us Manwar ji.

I have nothing more to say for I am yet to reach your stage.

Please Guruji..all of us are waiting for your discourse.

Dear ManwarJi,

All our answers do not seem to satisfy you.Even Lord Shiva is known as Ashutosh(meaning easily pleased),Lord Brahma Himself is pleased and grants boons.
Lord Vishnu Himself melts when His Bhakta's are in distress and takes Avataram but Manwar ji you are impossible to satisfy.

We are all thirsty like the Cakora bird awaiting droplets of the moonlight of wisdom from you.

We are clearly no match for you..so from now on you please enlighten us Manwar ji.

I have nothing more to say for I am yet to reach your stage.

Please Guruji..all of us are waiting for your discourse.

Dear Renu,

What do you do with discourses ? How , it is going to benefit to you all ?

Will it do value addition to your profile ?

Please simply answer whatever asked for, that is the part of discourse to understand the meaning of every single word.

Dear Renu,

What do you do with discourses ? How , it is going to benefit to you all ?

Will it do value addition to your profile ?

Please simply answer whatever asked for, that is the part of discourse to understand the meaning of every single word.

You ask weird questions!!LOL Ha Ha Ha
Furthermore any answer given by any member is not accepted yaar..
so what to do?

Last edited:
You ask weird questions!!LOL Ha Ha Ha
Furthermore any answer given by any member is not accepted yaar..
so what to do?

Dear Renu,

You are absolutely right as my questions are weird !

The whole Bhagwatam, Vedas , Puranas, Upnishadas, Meemansas are written in praise of Almighty's name, fame, forms, incarnations, manifestations and what not, but we have not understood HIM, why?

You better take pain to learn Him and then come out with some thing great. In fact I need not to tell you all. Every thing is mentioned almost everywhere, what I asked for.

Or ask your grant pa to explain in order to get quick answer.

Dear Manwar ji,

nAma nAma iva nAma me
napumsakam, pumAn, Stree asmi
stAvaraH asmi aTha jangamaH
yaje, (a)yakshi, yashtA he cha
mayA bhoothani ayakshatha
pashavaH mama bhoothani
anUBantadh yaH asmi aham viBhuH

Last edited:
There is no answer from any body so far, Why ?

When there is no question how can there be an answer and when there is no answer how can there be a question?

You see Q and A is like either side of the same coin.

When you split it to Q and A sometimes we do not know the value of the coin.

When we hold it close to our heart we can feel the beat of the heart transmitted to our hand through the coin and we know its value.

So same way..all of us have realized that holding God close to our hearts gives us only the Truth and we are lost in the ecstasy of divine bliss till you woke us up with your post!!LOL

We are all in Blissful Slumber..we do not need Q and A.
We just want to enjoy the moment.

When there is no question how can there be an answer and when there is no answer how can there be a question?

You see Q and A is like either side of the same coin.

When you split it to Q and A sometimes we do not know the value of the coin.

When we hold it close to our heart we can feel the beat of the heart transmitted to our hand through the coin and we know its value.

So same way..all of us have realized that holding God close to our hearts gives us only the Truth and we are lost in the ecstasy of divine bliss till you woke us up with your post!!LOL

We are all in Blissful Slumber..we do not need Q and A.
We just want to enjoy the moment.

Dear Renu,

The coin is precious and one must understand the value of it. Every body is in blissful slumber and that is how every body think and lead the life like that. But intelligent always awake in divine slumber...He thinks there is unfinished question which needs to be resolved...because it can shake the roots of many like quake...That is the ripples of Truth.
What is the name of Almighty and how he looks like is greatest question ?Which is very difficult for many but it is so simple to very few !
If you get the answer, you will go deep into its innovation and finally after known His manifestations, you will be blessed !!
You need not to discover anything in life, that is so powerful, so amazing !!!

We can soon expect
Swami ManwarAnadhA Ji to lead us! :angel:

Dear Raji,

First of all , I am not any so called Swamy..I am just well-wisher to you all to tell you the truth..the ultimate Truth. B'coz of my theoretical and practical experience. I had gone through many many scripts and I was confused, as may be you are today !
So, I shall help you step by step only....because you should know the value of it.... You spend 50 lacs to get Harvard degree and what you get?...... only knowledge....

You get the tricks of the business, as how it is run...depends on your presentation as how others appreciate your knowledge......and finally you are rewarded with handsome salary, depending on your qualities.

Here, my request to you all is to read and research yourself..and I shall help you. Without your ideas I am helpless....I can not throw away this PARAS-MANI, just like that.

B'coz, you are already qualified for this knowledge being Brahmins and more so you all are learned one....So, it is a boon and do not waste it....Take seriously as much as you can....You shall be BLESSED !!!

Dear Manwar,

Music is my forte! I think it is the easiest way to reach God. So, I have forgotten what all I learnt in my masters in Math and

teach music to anyone who is able to grasp at least 50% of what I teach. There are people like Renu, my sis VR and a few

others who can raise to your level of discussion.

Best wishes......... :)

...I can not throw away this PARAS-MANI, just like that.

There is no need for you to throw the PARAS MANI as yet. But at least start with your pAdha-dhUli (specks of dust of your feet) for starters. All would be benefitted.

By repeatedly asking the ill-informed/little-informed/un-informed members (like me) to come up with the idea, you are placing yourselves in the place of electricity waiting to pass through on pushing of the switch. Instead be like the lightning or thunderbolt of Indra and smash the ignorance all around.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back