• Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Who was the creator of Vedas ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear all,

I wish to greet you all to take this highest wisdom bestowed on us by God Himself !

I would like to ask fellow members as "Who created Vedas and in what form and there by composed by whom ?"

Please suggest as for me it is very difficult question to know. If possible, if anybody is aware of concerned Sloka then kindly narrate that also.

Thanks and best regards to all

Manwar

Praveen You said Sruti Bhagwati !

Praveen, wikipedia answer may be incomplete as "Vedas are directly revealed"... to whom ?

Who composed them after revelation so to say !

Shruti Bhagwati is what by the way ? What is stands for ?

Kindly explore more about it.

Thanks

manwar

Quoting from a few more pages
[h=3]Origin of the Vedas[/h]The Vedas are probably the earliest documents of the human mind and is indeed difficult to say when the earliest portions of the Vedas came into existence. As the ancient Hindus seldom kept any historical record of their religious, literary and political realization, it is difficult to determine the period of the Vedas with precision. Historians provide us many guesses but none of them is free from ambiguity. [h=3]Who wrote the Vedas?[/h] It is believed that humans did not compose the revered compositions of the Vedas, which were handed down through generations by the word of mouth from time immemorial. The general assumption is that the Vedic hymns were either taught by God to the sages or that they were revealed themselves to the sages who were the seers or “mantradrasta” of the hymns. The Vedas were mainly compiled by Vyasa Krishna Dwaipayana around the time of Lord Krishna (c. 1500 BC)

Source:- About the Vedas: A Brief Introduction to the Vedas

According to the Indian holy texts the Darshans, a word is perpetual and has an unique association with its meaning. Since words from the Vedas are considered eternal the Vedas are considered divine.

The ancient sages [the seven great sages (saptarshi)] have been considered the authors of the Vedas; however several holy texts proclaim that sages are not the creators of mantras rather They were only seers. The ancient sages were enlightened with Vedic literature.
‘The meaning of the word rushi (ऋषि) as given in the holy text Nirukta means rushirdarshanat (ऋषिर्दर्शनात्‌) meaning “Those who have realised the manifest form of God are called rushis i.e. sages.” Thus one would say the sages were enlightened with the knowledge of the eternally existing Vedas. It is from this viewpoint as well that the Vedas are considered divine as no one is accorded the status of being their author.’

Source:- How were four Vedas created? | Hindu Dharma

Will check a few books as well and revert.

Yajurved clearly states that Rigveda, Yajurveda, Samaveda and Atharvaveda were originated from Him – the ultimate Ishwar who is omnipresent.

Atharvaveda reiterates the same essence beautifully. It says that Rig, Yajur, Sama and Atharva originated from the ultimate Ishwar. It asks “Which deva (provider ofbliss/knowledge) gave the Vedas?” And answers that the One who is controlling and maintaining the entire universe is the creator of Vedas. Atharva is like the mouth of that Ishwar, Samaveda is like the hair on the skin, Yajurveda is akin to the heart and Rigveda is the Prana or source.
He illuminated the minds of noble Rishis – Agni, Vayu, Aditya and Angira during inception of civilization. Shatpath Brahman 11.5.2.3 elaborates this. These Rishis in their state of meditation receive the knowledge of Vedas and they adopt it in same manner as a toy moves when its button is pressed – in exactly the manner it is supposed to move!
The fact is that Brahma learned the four Vedas from these Rishis. Brahma was a person with one head, two hands and two legs and not the caricature as represented in false Purans. Ved Vyas was commentator of Yoga Darshan and writer of Mahabharat. Nowhere except in Purans we find the theory of Ved Vyas being writer of four Vedas.
Shankaracharya writes in commentary on Geeta 3.15 that Vedas are actually never created or destroyed. They merely get illuminated and de-illuminated but remain in Ishwar.

Praveen, Thanks for your efforts to explore more and more as Holy Vedas are basics of our existence. We should be very crystal clear as how it was created and why it is so important?

Uma, you said, Brahma learned 4 Vedas from Rishis Agni, Vayu,Aditya and Angira.

1. I may disagree with your point as Brahma ji was one of the trinity.
2. Brahma ji was not a person
3. What is the name of Ultimate Ishwar ?
4. Kindly substantiate your arguments with source
5. We must learn the facts through this post, kindly explain better and enlighten us

Rig Veda mantra 10/181/1 says, ” PRATHASCH YASYA SAPRATHASCH NAAMANUSHTUBHASYA HAVISHO HAVIRYAT.DHATURDUTANATSAVITUSCH VISHNO RATHANTARMA JABHARAVASISHTHAHA”
Meaning— Anushtubhasya Yasya= anushtup ved vak i.e., Vedas’ master Almighty God. So God’s Yasya Havisha= Vedas and Vedas’ Havihi special knowledge. Prathah sa prathah ch= disciple and Guru, Vasishtha= having the deepest knowledge of vedas called Brahma, Dhatuhu= i.e., from mantradrishta Agni, Dutanat= Vaayu Rishi, Savituhu= Aditya Rishi, Vishnoho= and Angira Rishi, Rathntaram Jabhara= the Brahma studied theVedas.

The ultimate Ishwar is omnipresent. Ishwar, who is present even beyond the Akash/Sky created the Vedas.

Uma, you said, Brahma learned 4 Vedas from Rishis Agni, Vayu,Aditya and Angira.

1. I may disagree with your point as Brahma ji was one of the trinity.
2. Brahma ji was not a person
3. What is the name of Ultimate Ishwar ?
4. Kindly substantiate your arguments with source
5. We must learn the facts through this post, kindly explain better and enlighten us

First of all you clarify, whether you need the answers from (i) traditional or sampradAyak point of view or (ii) from scientific point of view. Needless to say that both the answers differ and there is almost nil possibility of the reconciliation between the answers.

Secondly vedas does not make mention of any trinity etc. If you differ, you quote your sources (naturally from vedas). The same holds for your points no. 2 & 3.

Thirdly please clarify whether you are asking these questions from "shraddha" in vedas or you are just exploring. This is important, because the concept of Ishwara or Brahma etc. are known only through "vedas" only (and not through any other sources) and if you do not have that "shraddha" in the vedas the question of who created vedas is meaningless.

Zebra16, kindly provide all the answers and then your own conclusion in order to understand creation of Holy Vedas as we are confused ! You may enlighten us better.

Uma, 1. Who is the ultimate Ishwar?
2. How He looks like ?

Dear Manwar,

Let me try to answer you.

1)Who is the Ultimate Ishwar?
Ekam Advaita Brahman.

2)How does He look like?
Certainly not like the Man in the Mirror.

Renuka, how do you define Ekam Advaita Brahman ? secondly if you know the exact form of Ishwar then it will be great favor to me.

Renuka, Yeah, I am talking of Sagun Brahman ! What is his name by the way ?

Manwar, Ok so now it's clear you want to know Saguna Brahman's name?
It's simple yaar...Saguna Brahman comes in various forms and various name..

Ishwar Allah Tere Naam ...that's why we say Sab Ko Sanmathi Dey Bhagawan so that we will realize Nirguna Brahman.

Last edited:
Renuka, how do you define Ekam Advaita Brahman ? secondly if you know the exact form of Ishwar then it will be great favor to me.

Dear Manwar,
Ekam Advaita Brahman means God is only One and without a Second.
Manwar ji..if I know the exact form of Ishwar then I won't even be here to type this in Forum.

BTW Manwar ji are you from North India?

Renu, we are talking of Ishwar and not any Allah, o.k, please do not joke, and please we are talking very serious topic which we are so confused, we really do not know the essence of creator...the greatest agony for we all Hindus...we have treasure trove but we do not have the key !

Yes Renu, I am in New Delhi, I like divine bliss and I am deeply interested to explore the manifestation of Almighty to me and to all...

Renu, we are talking of Ishwar and not any Allah, o.k, please do not joke, and please we are talking very serious topic which we are so confused, we really do not know the essence of creator...the greatest agony for we all Hindus...we have treasure trove but we do not have the key !

Dear Manwar,

I am also not joking.Ekam Sat Viprah Bahuda Vadanti.Meaning that The Ultimate Truth is One the learned call in various names.

So Allah is another name for what we call Ishwar.
Do you really think there is different Gods for each people of different religions?

Renu, Please speak Vedic language; Allah is not mentioned in any of the Vedas and Upnisad or shruti...it talks of only one and that is Almighty !

Renuka ji

Yes exactly, I mean Ishwara as in Saguna Brahman. According to Advaita as taught by Sankara, saguna brahman refers to the lord identical with his own infinite jnanam. Sankara refers to him by names such as Shiva, Vishnu as specified in the vedas and upanishads. This saguna brahman is Paramartha, eternal, undecaying and non-differentiated from nirguna brahman. He is not affected even when he appears in this world as he controls the effects of his own maya shakti.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back