• This forum contains old posts that have been closed. New threads and replies may not be made here. Please navigate to the relevant forum to create a new thread or post a reply.
  • Welcome to Tamil Brahmins forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our Free Brahmin Community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Meeting in 'Person'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wish you luck.
Some of us would like to keep our anonymity, so they may not join that is ok too.
Some of us live in far off place, so they may not join.

Will all the members post their recent photographs so that

we will know whether we are talking to a

man/ woman/ boy/ girl/ thatha/ patti???

Some user names are so weird (like your own for example) that

we do not even know whether the member is a male or a female!!!:confused:

Suppose I wish to meet you, I should know your residential location. Right?

Most people write bhoo lokam, cosmos, universe etc
as their place of residence. :rolleyes:

We need to become astronauts before we can meet! :laugh:

Why not some of the members [ or all the members ] try to have a meeting ..so that every one will know each other..??

This can be of citywise too...To start with will some of the members in Chennai like to meet .?...say a small get-together..?

TVK

The suggestion is to meet the
other member living in the same city!
Those who are in the far off places can meet the
other members living in that far off place.

Wish you luck.
Some of us would like to keep our anonymity, so they may not join that is ok too.
Some of us live in far off place, so they may not join.

My aim is mainly to make members come out of their 'shell'...

The very idea of get together itself to inter act in person..

It is very easy thing to get in touch with everyone if they provide the mail ID... and those who wants.. they can exchange their photos in the mail if they don't like to post in the foram..

In my opinion... sharing/ scolding will be more fruitful after meeting people face to face..

TVK

Will all the members post their recent photographs so that

we will know whether we are talking to a

man/ woman/ boy/ girl/ thatha/ patti???

Some user names are so weird (like your own for example) that

we do not even know whether the member is a male or a female!!!:confused:

"Some user names are so weird (like your own for example) "

Ha..Ha.. I thought of using user ID as N+1 = 0...

TVK

We already have the facility to send P.M. to any member here.

As for exchanging photos in private,

how will it help all the other members???

They will still be wondering who they are talking to!

We know one another ONLY through the forum.

So I see no reason for the private exchange of information!!!

Dear TVK Sir,
Your idea is great! But for any meeting..... 'dabbu kaavaala' (ie) 'need the money'! :popcorn:

Some Qs follows this:

1. Where will be the meeting - five star hotel/ someone's residence?

2. Who will be the main organizer?

How do we share the expenses?

PS: One of the best ideas for those who live in SingArach Chennai will be, to meet in one of the beaches, with 'kattu chaadham'!

This will minimize the expenditure!! :lol:

As we have seen in Palani temple often

each person will be equipped with a kalandha chaadam

and the size of the mudichchu = roughly the size of his head! :hungry:

Dear TVK Sir,
Your idea is great! But for any meeting..... 'dabbu kaavaala' (ie) 'need the money'! :popcorn:

Some Qs follows this:

1. Where will be the meeting - five star hotel/ someone's residence?

2. Who will be the main organizer?

How do we share the expenses?

PS: One of the best ideas for those who live in SingArach Chennai will be, to meet in one of the beaches, with 'kattu chaadham'!

This will minimize the expenditure!! :lol:

It is quite simple...

1. It depends upon the response....

2.Organiser... may not be a problem...

3. Sharing expences... should be there... and any transportation to be arranged to pick -up..that should be extra... In my opinion...It should be cofined to Rs.500 /-per head maximum including ALL..

4.. Bringing Kattu Sadam/ Kuudai Sadam may not work out..due time constrain...

TVK

We already have the facility to send P.M. to any member here.

As for exchanging photos in private,

how will it help all the other members???

They will still be wondering who they are talking to!

We know one another ONLY through the forum.

So I see no reason for the private exchange of information!!!

These kind of meetings will be sucessful if everyone attend with their spouse..This will help people to understand better and develop new friendship...

சந்தேகம் மனிதருக்கு வரலாம்....

சந்தேகமே மனிதராய் வரக்கூடாது.....

TVK

I am a male member. The user name is "jagusha". In my case, I used part of my name and part of my wife's name for the USERNAME. My name is U V JAGANNATHAN and my wife's name is USHA JAGANNATHAN. I am 65 years old. Yesterday also I tried for posting my photo in my profile. I think it has not appearing in the profile. I will try my best. Reitired Central Govt. servant settled in Dombivli, (Near Mumbai)

I am a male member. The user name is "jagusha". In my case, I used part of my name and part of my wife's name for the USERNAME. My name is U V JAGANNATHAN and my wife's name is USHA JAGANNATHAN. I am 65 years old. Yesterday also I tried for posting my photo in my profile. I think it has not appearing in the profile. I will try my best. Reitired Central Govt. servant settled in Dombivli, (Near Mumbai)

I am just wondering why this thread posted GD section is shifted to chitchat...

TVK

Dear Sir!

You have a good neighbor already in the forum. :happy:

Get to know Mr. Iyyarooraan. :tea:

Some frank opinions and honest doubts!!! :confused:

1. How many spouses read the posts we make here???

2. Why will they be interested to know the others, when they are not

interested to read their own spouse's posts???

3. The upper limit (Rs 500/-) itself will become large when there are 4

or more members in the family...even excluding legendary heroes and

many headed gods.

4. "NOT only you DO not make any money by writing but on top of

that you want to spend more money is fraternizing strangers!!!"

will be the issue raised in every household. :mmph:

5. I like optimism but within realistic limits!
:sleep:

6. I will rather talk bitter truth than sweet lies just to please you!!!

7. I do not belong to the category of Doubting Thomas- the way you

try to project. :nono:

These kind of meetings will be sucessful if everyone attend with their spouse..This will help people to understand better and develop new friendship...

சந்தேகம் மனிதருக்கு வரலாம்....

சந்தேகமே மனிதராய் வரக்கூடாது.....

TVK

I once had an experience of such a meeting.

I joined this forum in August 2009. When I went on my yearly vacation to Chennai,in January, 2010, I had the opportunity to participate in one such informal meeting.

This proposed meeting was highlighted in this forum and I responded to it with information that can help the team to be in touch with me upon arrival and make me participate.

This informal meeting was held at evening 5 pm on the day of Pongal festival, in the residence of one of the senior members. Couple of us gathered in his house and had very interesting interactions. We all then left for nearby temple, got back his home and were been offered with dinner. All at no cost!!!!

-----------

It can be planned such a way that, a member can come forward as an organiser and the gathering can be planned in the house of any of the interested participants, as suitable to all. Some snacks can be ordered from the hotel as feasible and the expense can be shared among all the participants. Participants should be interested to commute on their own, to the gathering premise.

I think, this would be the best and cheapest way to organize such a gathering. It will certainly bring members close to each other and some good initiatives for some kind of social cause may develop. People in touch can help each other for any needed assistance and information sharing that may include matrimony, government related work, spirituality, references for good job etc..etc..

Some frank opinions and honest doubts!!! :confused:

1. How many spouses read the posts we make here???

2. Why will they be interested to know the others, when they are not

interested to read their own spouse's posts???

3. The upper limit (Rs 500/-) itself will become large when there are 4

or more members in the family...even excluding legendary heroes and

many headed gods.

4. "NOT only you DO not make any money by writing but on top of

that you want to spend more money is fraternizing strangers!!!"

will be the issue raised in every household. :mmph:

5. I like optimism but within realistic limits!
:sleep:

6. I will rather talk bitter truth than sweet lies just to please you!!!

7. I do not belong to the category of Doubting Thomas- the way you

try to project. :nono:

1. My better half never read what I write either here or in other websites... But when we had a get-together for web -site friends she was so pleased and at the end of it she has become friends to so many people and there are continueing their friendship even to-day...of course with usual gossips...

2. How can we judge unless there is personal meet and iteraction..?

3. Here too option should be there ..some people like to have their own transport arrangement.. That is what I did picking 6 people in my Zylo... So this may not be a constrain..

4. It will not be so... Getting friends is priceless which will be realised only after the meet... May be for argument sake some people will object... but once they happen to know from other people they will realise the mistake..

5. Nothing wrong in it... But you can not learn swimming unless you jump into water..

6. I prefer such things as I myself is an out-spoken person with devil- may care attitude..

7. I do not wish project anybody as doubting thomas... but sometimes I write funny things in lighter vain as is my habit..

TVK

I once had an experience of such a meeting.

I joined this forum in August 2009. When I went on my yearly vacation to Chennai,in January, 2010, I had the opportunity to participate in one such informal meeting.

This proposed meeting was highlighted in this forum and I responded to it with information that can help the team to be in touch with me upon arrival and make me participate.

This informal meeting was held at evening 5 pm on the day of Pongal festival, in the residence of one of the senior members. Couple of us gathered in his house and had very interesting interactions. We all then left for nearby temple, got back his home and were been offered with dinner. All at no cost!!!!

-----------

It can be planned such a way that, a member can come forward as an organiser and the gathering can be planned in the house of any of the interested participants, as suitable to all. Some snacks can be ordered from the hotel as feasible and the expense can be shared among all the participants. Participants should be interested to commute on their own, to the gathering premise.

I think, this would be the best and cheapest way to organize such a gathering. It will certainly bring members close to each other and some good initiatives for some kind of social cause may develop. People in touch can help each other for any needed assistance and information sharing that may include matrimony, government related work, spirituality, references for good job etc..etc..

Than God... I am getting support...!!

TVK

I am just wondering why this thread posted GD section is shifted to chitchat...
Quite simple... Just as the thread I started titled 'Tamil brahmins for sale' (!!) - caption copied from an e-mail - was shifted from GD

to the 'News and announcements' section!! :bolt:

Than God... I am getting support...!!
Let me rise to the occasion! Our sweet home has a big hall to accommodate about twenty people. We live in West KKNagar.

Keep this in mind TVK Sir?? நாங்க ரெடி! நீங்க ரெடியா??

My husband and his batch mates (GCT 1962 )
meet every year In Chennai / CBE.

There is a lot of fun and frolic and of course expenses too.

This is possible because the husbands are classmates and old friends.

The wives get to know one another and pick up
their kind of persons for future friendship.

But here everyone s a stranger...it will be different story!

I DO NOT wish to throw wet towel on the eager enterprises.

If there is any such met in Coimbatore please inform me also.

I will attend it with my husband!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest ads

Back